Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Driving to work down Abbey Lane, some cock in the lane next to me decides they want to be in my lane so they indicate for the grand total of about a millisecond and swing out straight into my path.

Thankfully my c-unit radar is quite strong and I was waiting for him to do something. Anyway, he pulls in front of me and I abuse him (as you do). I see up ahead a bus with someone getting up to get off. So I pull into the outside lane knowing it's going to stop and I can sail past.

You guessed it... the bellend then decides he wants to come back into the outside 5 seconds after cutting me up the first time and tries to cut me up again. Nope... sorry mate that's not happening!!!!

• Like 2

Driving to work down Abbey Lane, some cock in the lane next to me decides they want to be in my lane so they indicate for the grand total of about a millisecond and swing out straight into my path.

Thankfully my c-unit radar is quite strong and I was waiting for him to do something. Anyway, he pulls in front of me and I abuse him (as you do). I see up ahead a bus with someone getting up to get off. So I pull into the outside lane knowing it's going to stop and I can sail past.

You guessed it... the bellend then decides he wants to come back into the outside 5 seconds after cutting me up the first time and tries to cut me up again. Nope... sorry mate that's not happening!!!!

lol Always take massive pride when you get back in front of any **** who cuts you up.

I +1 your post as your 'C-unit radar' made me laugh :thumbup:

• Like 1

For reasons I don't know, people with souped up cars, mostly Audi and BMW, with low bucket seats, saucepan exhausts and spoilers, all polished immaculately, some with racing stickers on, all congregate around the old police HQ in Glasgow city centre at night.

They have their lights and their engines on, many have the boot and bonnet open.

Must have been 20 or 30 cars.

I think they walk around looking at each others' cars.

Most of the people hanging around are young scratters in grey tracksuits, but there are some girls there, too.

They didn't seem to be hurting anyone, but the fact that they all obviously spend loads of money on and obsess about their cars, when most normal people in that part of town have spent the evening in the pub, annoyed me very much....

German tourists abroad with their big motorhomes - almost as bad as the Dutch.

We've had one just ahead of us after leaving a beach area - the guy at the steering wheel, an elderly man in his late fifties I presume, decides he should give the parking lot on the right a try and begins to pull in after a considerable maneuvering effort. A few minutes later, whilst still blocking large parts of the road behind him, he changes his mind and pulls out again. lol

Driving to work and the guy in front of me decides he can't possibly fit through the gap between the bin lorry and the pavement aka our lane (the lorry was coming in the other direction) just because there was a car parked in the lorry's lane so it would have to eventually pull into ours once the men were done filling it.  This was really annoying since I could see clear road ahead of us and had no idea why the guy in front didn't just drive his fvcking car.  The lorry then starts to perform its manoeuvre around the aforementioned car and decides to stop halfway, in our lane, while the men dump more shit in it instead of moving another 2 metres down the road to get out the way of the cars who have politely given it room they really didn't need to give it.  Bastards.

Not read through this thread to see what others have wrote but here's my gripes:

People who speed up side roads, whilst your driving on a main road and then smash their brakes on at the last minute.

People in Audis (usually Audis anyway) who think they're the dogs bollocks and rear-end flashing their lights. I purposely slow down even more to piss them off. 

And the biggest one for me... ****ING SPEED BUMPS!! How are they not illegal?! The exhaust on my old car got smashed up and came off when going over a speed bump and just done my suspension on my current car going over a speed bump. Leicester City Council wankers

The Red Hill island, right hand lane to go straight on and turn right. Left hand lane to go into Birstall. Simple? No! Some arseholes fly down the left hand lane and put thier indicators on just to jump the queuing traffic turning right etc. Absolute freaks!!

Edited by Kinowe Soorie

I don't like speed bumps. Why have a speed limit of 30mph if you can't do 30mph over a speed bump?

If traffic calming measures are required then have the ones where you have to stop and give way to oncoming traffic

They can be worse though - the one coming out of Birstall on Birstall Road. I must have been almost killed a dozen times because the impatient cvnt in the blocked lane has decided they have priority over me despite the law saying otherwise. Then if one has decided to go, the next three cars go too. Why the fvck not. Do what you want. Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

The Red Hill island, right hand lane to go straight on and turn right. Left hand lane to go into Birstall. Simple? No! Some arseholes fly done the left hand lane and put thier indicators on just to jump the queuing traffic turning right etc. Absolute freaks!!

I don't know what it is about Redhill, it couldn't be clearer with the road markings but I've witnessed some horrific driving on that particular roundabout. I've also been shunted on my way to work by a dozy shit who tried to enter the roundabout despite me and the person in front being stationery, and I've also seen another crash there which was mind-boggling. A guy coming from Redhill Way stopped at the entrance behind another car, then suddenly jumped forwards and smashed the car in front. God knows what he was thinking

Driving past a private school and one of the mums having dropped her kids off decides to start pulling out to cross my lane and head in t'other direction so I slow down a bit to give her time, but then she hesitates and decides not to actually pull her car out until both me and the car in the oncoming lane no longer have enough space in front of them (and indeed I'd now started accelerating again because she clearly wasn't going anywhere) before cutting us both up as she chats away on her phone.  Unbelievable.

Driving past a private school and one of the mums having dropped her kids off decides to start pulling out to cross my lane and head in t'other direction so I slow down a bit to give her time, but then she hesitates and decides not to actually pull her car out until both me and the car in the oncoming lane no longer have enough space in front of them (and indeed I'd now started accelerating again because she clearly wasn't going anywhere) before cutting us both up as she chats away on her phone.  Unbelievable.

What do you expect if you drive a Kia?

It was probably because you were near a private school. Your car was reducing property prices in the area.

It's true, my low vehicle tax and petrol fees are barely enough to sustain the local economy and as a result my neighbourhood's spiralled into a depression.  To add insult to injury it isn't even big enough to give the many homeless people I've created a lift to the local job centre.

I post in here a lot don't I?

On the way to work this morning I was at a 4-way junction where I needed to turn left with a guy coming from the opposite direction to me but also indicating to his left, ie. neither of us are travelling in conflicting directions so it's safe to go.  So I make my turn and as I'm doing so the guy turns his indicator off and blasts his horn at me for daring to be in front of him now that he's changed his mind where he's going.  Wtaf.

I post in here a lot don't I?

On the way to work this morning I was at a 4-way junction where I needed to turn left with a guy coming from the opposite direction to me but also indicating to his left, ie. neither of us are travelling in conflicting directions so it's safe to go.  So I make my turn and as I'm doing so the guy turns his indicator off and blasts his horn at me for daring to be in front of him now that he's changed his mind where he's going.  Wtaf.

I couldn't get my head round that but actually if you drive on the right hand side of the road then you'd have been cutting across his path? Tbf you do post a lot in this thread, maybe there's a common denominator in all of your encounters :ph34r::P

I couldn't get my head round that but actually if you drive on the right hand side of the road then you'd have been cutting across his path? Tbf you do post a lot in this thread, maybe there's a common denominator in all of your encounters :ph34r::P

Yeah sorry should have clarified that I was driving on the right.  I wouldn't have been cutting across his path if he turned left as he was indicating, it was literally a case of him turning it off when I'm already in front of him and then immediately blasting on the horn.  He'd been coming down a straight road so it's not like he'd just performed a manoeuvre and the indicator hadn't clicked off yet, he had to have manually turned it off so he would have known "oh shit I'm indicating, that's pretty inconvenient for other road users now that I'm deciding to go straight across".  Absolutely bizarre.