Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Guest Col city fan

Not read through this thread to see what others have wrote but here's my gripes:

People who speed up side roads, whilst your driving on a main road and then smash their brakes on at the last minute.

People in Audis (usually Audis anyway) who think they're the dogs bollocks and rear-end flashing their lights. I purposely slow down even more to piss them off.

And the biggest one for me... ****ING SPEED BUMPS!! How are they not illegal?! The exhaust on my old car got smashed up and came off when going over a speed bump and just done my suspension on my current car going over a speed bump. Leicester City Council wankers

Agree with you 100% over fookin speed bumps. Some of them are huge! My work involves me driving around the city quite a bit and the amount of times you have to slow right down (thus forcing the car behind you to slow right down) to get slow enough to not have to pole-vault over them.

This stop start stop start on the engine, the impact it has on brakes, suspensions, exhaust systems must take its toll on motors surely. I'm with you, I think they should be made illegal.

• 3 weeks later...

On the M69 earlier and there is a van driving well fast behind me every time I overtook something the van would follow suit. Then I was in the middle lane as there was nothing in front so the van comes in behind me, I was pretty bored the van decides to speed up to overtake me and goes into the right lane but I decided to speed up and then the van eventually came back in behind me.

Is this bad from me?

On the M69 earlier and there is a van driving well fast behind me every time I overtook something the van would follow suit. Then I was in the middle lane as there was nothing in front so the van comes in behind me, I was pretty bored the van decides to speed up to overtake me and goes into the right lane but I decided to speed up and then the van eventually came back in behind me.

Is this bad from me?

Did it have blue flashing lights? I think I may have met you before... :P

What did you google to find that image lol

"Turn right at junction".  Hilarious stuff, right? lol

Quite obviously you'd normally do that manoeuvre after passing each-other, but this particular junction's marked out in such a way that if you're both turning you have to do it before passing, effectively putting you in the oncoming lane.  When somebody approaches with their indicator on I position myself on the road accordingly.   When the indicators stop flashing and the other car's been driving in a straight line you know they had to be turned off manually.  I just feel like the appropriate reaction to realising you're indicating and turning it off at the last second is to feel like a bit of a tit and humbly wait the 1 second it takes for the other car, who surely you realise you've misled by this point, to finish turning. Not blasting the horn in a fit of impotent rage.

At the end of the day my quality of life was unaffected, I just thought it was a particularly childish reaction given that the circumstances were entirely of their own making.

I live on a busy 4 lane road (2 each way) and there is no parking out the front of my house, however there is a wide footpath, wide enough for a car and still room to walk. On occasion people park on the footpath or more often, break down and pull over onto the footpath.

Yesterday morning im quietly sitting in the lounge when a car pulls up on the footpath and stops.. nothing happens for a few minutes until a "gentleman" walks on to my drive way and then proceeds to pull a couple of leaves from a plant in the garden and walks back to the car... (i cant quite see whats happening with the car due to the hedge)

I move to another room to see if i can see anything else happening and i see someone drop a backpack over my front fence (its only a four foot wall) onto the garden. So out i go, walk round to where the back pack is and look at the chap, a big, black shirted, gold chain wearing mofo and say... "Oi, whats with the back pack?"  he reaches back over and grabs the backpack while his butt ugly gold chain wearing mate comes toward me with the good old crazy eyes and shouts "whats the problem?'

I explain that that back pack doesnt belong on my garden and to make sure it doesnt come on it again....fortunately his mate shoves him away and i fvck off back inside my house and proceed to spend the next 2 hours watching these shifty little cvnts fix their car and eventually fvck off.

I wonder how many Kilo's of ice were in that pack?.. i hate people and roads!

Edited by ozleicester

I live on a busy 4 lane road (2 each way) and there is no parking out the front of my house, however there is a wide footpath, wide enough for a car and still room to walk. On occasion people park on the footpath or more often, break down and pull over onto the footpath.

Yesterday morning im quietly sitting in the lounge when a car pulls up on the footpath and stops.. nothing happens for a few minutes until a "gentleman" walks on to my drive way and then proceeds to pull a couple of leaves from a plant in the garden and walks back to the car... (i cant quite see whats happening with the car due to the hedge)

I move to another room to see if i can see anything else happening and i see someone drop a backpack over my front fence (its only a four foot wall) onto the garden. So out i go, walk round to where the back pack is and look at the chap, a big, black shirted, gold chain wearing mofo and say... "Oi, whats with the back pack?"  he reaches back over and grabs the backpack while his butt ugly gold chain wearing mate comes toward me with the good old crazy eyes and shouts "whats the problem?'

I explain that that back pack doesnt belong on my garden and to make sure it doesnt come on it again....fortunately his mate shoves him away and i fvck off back inside my house and proceed to spend the next 2 hours watching these shifty little cvnts fix their car and eventually fvck off.

I wonder how many Kilo's of ice were in that pack?.. i hate people and roads!

Didn't you ask why he pulled some leaves off the plant?

Edited by Parafox

Cyclists who don't use the cycle path right next to them and instead get in the way of everyone on the road. Get the fvck out the way.

This has cropped up way too many times now.  Given how often it seems to happen surely there's a couple of people who do this on the forum.  Could one of those people please explain what exactly the thought process is behind making the decision not to use a bike path?  Are there too many annoying cyclists getting in your way?

• Like 1

Oh and also driving back from Birmingham last night, m69 closed due to roadworks and also couldn't join the m1 north due to roadworks so had to take m1 south and go the long way round.

Needless to say there wasn't a road worker in sight.

I dropped my daughters at Birmingham airport last night and had the same problem. I had to go via Rugby. thank fvck I'd got the satnav with me I'd have never had find my way back without it.

This has cropped up way too many times now.  Given how often it seems to happen surely there's a couple of people who do this on the forum.  Could one of those people please explain what exactly the thought process is behind making the decision not to use a bike path?  Are there too many annoying cyclists getting in your way?

There's a cycle path that runs from Fosse Park to Narborough.  I've noticed a lot of cyclists using the road & not the cycle path, holding up traffic at busy times.  I've always put it down to the road being flat & the cycle path having drop kerbs at junctions.  I've used the same cycle path myself, but I have a hybrid bicycle & fairly chunky tyres.  I would rather have to deal with the minor problem of drop kerbs & live, than venture onto a road with cars whizzing past at 60 mph.

It tends to be twats in lycra & £5000 worth of bike that use the road, with their onboard computer telling them their speed, cadence (whatever that is?), heart rate & calorie burn.  They stay 3ft from the kerb to avoid drains, knowing that the slightest bump in the road will smash their expensively lightweight wheels.

It's rush hour & it's the B4114.............not an olympic time trial.