Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Wow, just driving down bypass - in the outside lane - and I see a BMW coming so fast (no surprise there) in my rear view mirror. I'm talking real fast. He decides to undercut me and when we both go round the roundabout he only decides to come back into the outside lane. Nearly smashed the front of my car. He speeds off and in the distance I just see him overtaking four cars (on a A road). Absolute idiot.

Wow, just driving down bypass - in the outside lane - and I see a BMW coming so fast (no surprise there) in my rear view mirror. I'm talking real fast. He decides to undercut me and when we both go round the roundabout he only decides to come back into the outside lane. Nearly smashed the front of my car. He speeds off and in the distance I just see him overtaking four cars (on a A road). Absolute idiot.

Sorry about that. :blush:

In order of annoyance

1) bus drivers

2) people who use buses therefore provide demand for bus drivers

3) the city council transport gimp in his shiny suit with his art history degree who walks to work from his bedsit and thinks buses should be given the priority absolutely fvcking everywhere for no reason at all

4) cyclists with chips on their shoulders about being cyclists, who hog the middle of the lane just to make a point about how much of a fvcking cyclist they are

5) taxi drivers who think that because they spend a lot of time on the road they can do what they want

6) tail gaters when there's a spare Lane for overtaking, why not just overtake dickhead

6a) wingmen who take up the overtaking Lane but then proceed to hang back just off your shoulder, especially annoying in the early morning when their headlights are blasting unwanted light straight into your eyes via the wing mirror

7) roundabout non-indicatormen (and women, it's not sexist)

8) cyclists (usually students) who don't use lights or any other safety equipment and then ride around in the dark. Why so death wish little stink man?

9) bmw/audi drivers who drive as if very proud and keen to show off their machine's ability to overtake without using indication

10) cyclists with luminous metallic skin tight pvc crotchless gimpwear, especially those who wear such sordid outfits to ride to work and then leave their kit in full view (and smell) of everyone in the office

Sort of ten commandents road users list...innit.

I was behind a police van the other day which didn't indicate at a roundabout and then proceeded to speed through a 30km/h zone before pulling across oncoming traffic and into their precinct's car park without indicating.  Clearly very keen to get to the end of their shift and clock off.

I seen an unmarked police van operating a speed trap on the M6 yesterday, I thought these were illegal? Sneaky shit bags

As long as the officers are in uniform it's not illegal. Sneaky yes, illegal no.

You probably missed it but there would also be a warning sign of some sort, either the standard speed camera symbol or the "mobile speed camera in operation" notice. 

Edited by Parafox

As long as the officers are in uniform it's not illegal. Sneaky yes, illegal no.

You probably missed it but there would also be a warning sign of some sort, either the standard speed camera symbol or the "mobile speed camera in operation" notice.

There was a speed camera van in use on Birstall Road about 2 weeks ago. No signs, no temporary signs, no road markings. I thought they could only operate in areas with clear signs every 200 yards or thereabouts and be visible from 100 yards? This was parked up just after a bend. Definitely not within the rules

Guest Col city fan

There was a speed camera van in use on Birstall Road about 2 weeks ago. No signs, no temporary signs, no road markings. I thought they could only operate in areas with clear signs every 200 yards or thereabouts and be visible from 100 yards? This was parked up just after a bend. Definitely not within the rules

They make up their own rules.

I've seen plenty of camera vans with no warnings.

Guest Col city fan

There are designated sites for mobile speed cameras and the locations where they will be are published in the LM daily.

So what? I don't read the Mercury.

Guest Col city fan

Leicester's roads are beyond a joke.

Finished off this evening at Coalville. I live just off Fosse Park..and took me one hour 15 mins to get home. One junction of the M1. Left Coalville 16.45, got home 18.00 hrs.

Driving into work this morning along the A6 into Kibworth, where it goes from dual to single carriageway, I'm right at the merging point and a white van in the lane that's going comes flying up behind me and across the front of my nose, made even worse by the fact there was thick traffic starting about 200 yards forward of it.

Is a small bit of patience too much to expect?

Why are there so MANY cars with one badly set headlight?

There was 3  out of 5 cars that passed me earlier that had one light blinding oncoming traffic.

I see at least 6 on an average 10 mile journey from work.

• Like 1

Lorries overtaking other lorries on the M42  0.1mph faster than the vehicle they're going past. Of course, if they'd built a proper three lane motorway in the first place it wouldn't be a problem but, as it is you get lines of trucks on the inside lane doing 59.9 mph and lines of trucks in the outside lane doing 60mph which results in endless congestion. Yet woe betide anyone in a car driver doing 59. The lorries are up their arse and all over them.          

British Gas Driver

Traffic

(as above) Lorries driving at 55 mpg, lorry trying to over take at 55.5mph and a car in outside lane trying to over take going at 56mpg

British Gas Driver

Traffic

(as above) Lorries driving at 55 mpg, lorry trying to over take at 55.5mph and a car in outside lane trying to over take going at 56mpg

HAHA was this on the M1 north of J21a about 5;30?

Trucks are generally governed to 56mph, some are governed to 52mph. There's always a variation and that might be only a tolerance of 2mph so when one is doing 56mph and the one behind is doing 57-58, neither will disable their cruise control so it takes forever for the overtaking manoeuvre to complete which then results in tailbacks particularly when the car driver, now in lane three doing 65mph, will not accelerate to quickly pass both trucks resulting in traffic behind doing 70-75 having to slow or brake causing the reverse wave of following traffic braking which ultimately results in potentially stationary tailbacks.

There's a proper formula for this phenomenon I think.

Edited by Parafox