Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Drivers should be allowed to run over any cyclist who isn't wearing reflective clothing or got any lights on there bike.

Twice in the last 2 mornings I have been driving in pitch black (5.30am) and I've not saw a cyclist until I'm just going past them. On both occasions they had no lighting, reflective clothing or helmet on. Know doubt it would be the drivers fault if someone ran them over.

• Like 1

Drivers should be allowed to run over any cyclist who isn't wearing reflective clothing or got any lights on there bike.

Twice in the last 2 mornings I have been driving in pitch black (5.30am) and I've not saw a cyclist until I'm just going past them. On both occasions they had no lighting, reflective clothing or helmet on. Know doubt it would be the drivers fault if someone ran them over.

Same goes for drivers, driving round in the fog with no lights on, should be allowed to ram them off the road then claim on their insurance.

In order of annoyance

1) bus drivers

2) people who use buses therefore provide demand for bus drivers

3) the city council transport gimp in his shiny suit with his art history degree who walks to work from his bedsit and thinks buses should be given the priority absolutely fvcking everywhere for no reason at all

4) cyclists with chips on their shoulders about being cyclists, who hog the middle of the lane just to make a point about how much of a fvcking cyclist they are

5) taxi drivers who think that because they spend a lot of time on the road they can do what they want

6) tail gaters when there's a spare Lane for overtaking, why not just overtake dickhead

6a) wingmen who take up the overtaking Lane but then proceed to hang back just off your shoulder, especially annoying in the early morning when their headlights are blasting unwanted light straight into your eyes via the wing mirror

7) roundabout non-indicatormen (and women, it's not sexist)

8) cyclists (usually students) who don't use lights or any other safety equipment and then ride around in the dark. Why so death wish little stink man?

9) bmw/audi drivers who drive as if very proud and keen to show off their machine's ability to overtake without using indication

10) cyclists with luminous metallic skin tight pvc crotchless gimpwear, especially those who wear such sordid outfits to ride to work and then leave their kit in full view (and smell) of everyone in the office

Love this especially number 10. So very true. I used to work in a place where my boss was a middle aged, slightly rotund balding man who glorified cycling cycled everywhere. He used to wear tight fitting ball hugging lycra it was not a pretty site. He regularly cycled to work boasting a distance of five miles. He would turn up for work sweating profusely often wet through if it had been pissing down.

Instead of getting showered and changed like most normal people would he would sit on a desk speaking to the many females who also worked their. He would meke sure his legs were slightly open hence his cod piece, gut and whatever was all on show.

Women nicknamed him Merv the cycling Perv.

Glad I no longer work there. Many complained about him but naff all happened.

Spent the weekend in green bay, wi. Found out the hard way that there's no parking on any city street from the hours of 3:00 am to 5:00 am.    For no apparent reason, other than to annoy people and make easy money off of out-of-towners.

In order of annoyance

1) bus drivers

2) people who use buses therefore provide demand for bus drivers

3) the city council transport gimp in his shiny suit with his art history degree who walks to work from his bedsit and thinks buses should be given the priority absolutely fvcking everywhere for no reason at all

4) cyclists with chips on their shoulders about being cyclists, who hog the middle of the lane just to make a point about how much of a fvcking cyclist they are

5) taxi drivers who think that because they spend a lot of time on the road they can do what they want

6) tail gaters when there's a spare Lane for overtaking, why not just overtake dickhead

6a) wingmen who take up the overtaking Lane but then proceed to hang back just off your shoulder, especially annoying in the early morning when their headlights are blasting unwanted light straight into your eyes via the wing mirror

7) roundabout non-indicatormen (and women, it's not sexist)

8) cyclists (usually students) who don't use lights or any other safety equipment and then ride around in the dark. Why so death wish little stink man?

9) bmw/audi drivers who drive as if very proud and keen to show off their machine's ability to overtake without using indication

10) cyclists with luminous metallic skin tight pvc crotchless gimpwear, especially those who wear such sordid outfits to ride to work and then leave their kit in full view (and smell) of everyone in the office

This this this!

This this this!

I think he covered all drivers but himself. It must be fun being a passenger with Moose with him shouting expletives at every driver that dares to be withing 20 yards of him.

Just kidding Moose.

Or am I?

Guest Col city fan

What was going off last night on Soar Valley way at rush hour?

That's EVERY night buddy.

You get caught around Fosse Park and Soar Valley Way any time after 5 and you're stuck for 30 mins.

Just trying to drive into or out from the City these days. Even at 2.00 this afternoon the Narborough Road was so utterly snarled up I had to kill the camels cutting through to Braunstone village. Even the city buses carry a comment about "avoiding the hassle" of City driving as if to actually publicise the chaos caused!       

Edited by Thracian

That's EVERY night buddy.

You get caught around Fosse Park and Soar Valley Way any time after 5 and you're stuck for 30 mins.

I drive back from Narborough towards the meridian and that junction is absolutely terrible, and seems to be getting worse. The traffic back from the M1 is awful. People then jimmy across SVW lights towards the motorway and block up traffic wanting to go either towards the meridian or even into the city. One man just looked at me once with a "WTF can I do" face. Maybe not jump the lights when there's no room on the other side for you, maybe?

There was an incident a week or so ago I think on the M6 and something on the M69 and is caused most of the traffic in that part of Leicester to snarl back to almost a standstill. It's amazing how much impact accidents that far away can create on here.

Just trying to drive into or out from the City these days. Even at 2.00 this afternoon the Narborough Road was so utterly snarled up I had to kill the camels cutting through to Braunstone village. Even the city buses carry a comment about "avoiding the hassle" of City driving as if to actually publicise the chaos caused!

Every home game I walk up Narborough Rd, from the Jag showroom up to Upperton Road and I'm regularly beating cars to the Up Rd junction, especially when they get over the KFC lights onto that bit. Are there any more main roads into a city centre so utterly incapable of the demand faced on it than Narborough Road? I don't think the lane jumping that goes on helps either.

People dangling all kinds of crap from their rearview mirror. 

Saw a young girl in Hinckley today who had what looked like an Hawaiian garland hanging from her mirror.  The occasional air freshener maybe, but sitting at the lights next to her, she was having to crane her neck to see when the traffic lights turned to green.

And people who drive around without their side/headlights on when light is bad or it's dusk.  They might be able to see everyone else on the road (because we've got our lights on) but we can't see you.

I drive back from Narborough towards the meridian and that junction is absolutely terrible, and seems to be getting worse. The traffic back from the M1 is awful. People then jimmy across SVW lights towards the motorway and block up traffic wanting to go either towards the meridian or even into the city. One man just looked at me once with a "WTF can I do" face. Maybe not jump the lights when there's no room on the other side for you, maybe?

There was an incident a week or so ago I think on the M6 and something on the M69 and is caused most of the traffic in that part of Leicester to snarl back to almost a standstill. It's amazing how much impact accidents that far away can create on here.

Every home game I walk up Narborough Rd, from the Jag showroom up to Upperton Road and I'm regularly beating cars to the Up Rd junction, especially when they get over the KFC lights onto that bit. Are there any more main roads into a city centre so utterly incapable of the demand faced on it than Narborough Road? I don't think the lane jumping that goes on helps either.

When we come up. We stay at the premier inn on Narborough road and walk up. We got the bus the first year we did it and nearly missed the game it took so long (we didn't know how far it was etc as hadn't been since I was a kid) we always beat most of the CarS now we walk.

Drove up Narborough road once from the premier inn. Went through town to get to the space centre. Never ever again. I will go around next time! It will be much quicker!

People dangling all kinds of crap from their rearview mirror. 

Saw a young girl in Hinckley today who had what looked like an Hawaiian garland hanging from her mirror.  The occasional air freshener maybe, but sitting at the lights next to her, she was having to crane her neck to see when the traffic lights turned to green.

And people who drive around without their side/headlights on when light is bad or it's dusk.  They might be able to see everyone else on the road (because we've got our lights on) but we can't see you.

Tbf I never know what the right point to switch these on is because my car has that permanent LED thing going on around my headlights so I'm fairly visible regardless.  I tend to leave it until it's dark enough that I reckon people behind me will benefit from the rear ones.

Tbf I never know what the right point to switch these on is because my car has that permanent LED thing going on around my headlights so I'm fairly visible regardless.  I tend to leave it until it's dark enough that I reckon people behind me will benefit from the rear ones.

That's one of the few things that Audi/BMW/Mercedes drivers are not guilty of, that they have daylights.  Quite a few cars do now.

It's more the people who are oblivious to the fact it's nearly dark & that they're barely visible to others road users & pedestrians.  I don't think you're included in that category :)

Was driving back from work in the early hours of this morning and it was a country road with a set of temporary traffic lights on, with one road blocked. As I approach them the lights changed to green so I continued through and in the middle of my lane there was a traffic sign, with a bloke (in high vis) stood next to it but inside the lane closure. The fooking arsehole was loading stuff onto a truck but had left this sign out in my lane, I had to swerve to avoid it and then went slightly onto the grass verge... bearing in mind it was raining at this time! I was fuming what sort of a highway maintenance worker does shit like that

Good job I was paying attention and could avoid it cos I'm usually about half asleep driving back at that time lol

People that walk down the cycles lanes on King Richards Road, Newark Street etc.

Pavement cyclists are the bane of my life, so any tit that wants to discourage cyclists from using the space allocated to them by wandering around in a bike path deserves to be crashed into.

I can't pretend I understand