Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

People that walk down the cycles lanes on King Richards Road, Newark Street etc.

Pavement cyclists are the bane of my life, so any tit that wants to discourage cyclists from using the space allocated to them by wandering around in a bike path deserves to be crashed into.

I can't pretend I understand

Likewise, cyclists who think that they are above the cycle paths and ride on the road holding up traffic despite the perfectly good and empty cycle path they could and should be using!

Likewise, cyclists who think that they are above the cycle paths and ride on the road holding up traffic despite the perfectly good and empty cycle path they could and should be using!

I don't think that there has been a page go by this in this thread without someone mentioning cyclists using roads instead of cycle paths...

I don't think that there has been a page go by this in this thread without someone mentioning cyclists using roads instead of cycle paths...

Well maybe people get really annoyed with it? Haha. It's just yesterday especially. It's dark and it was a bit misty too so the old deer in front was reluctant to do above 25, no matter over take, for the bikers safety and for the purpose of keeping the traffic flowing it makes sense in such weather conditions for a cyclist to use the paths.

I understand that not all like using them because they don't like having to sway in and out of other cyclists and pedestrians etc but surely in darkness and mist, for your own safety, then logic should kick in and you should say actually I'm going to swallow my 'pride' or whatever else it is that stops them using the paths and get on with it.

People who don't understand engine braking or just easing off the throttle in motorway/dual carriageway traffic and jam on the brakes any time there's even a 1mph fluctuation in traffic speed

I'm sure it's mainly people being overcautious, but I think I'm right in saying that adaptive cruise control applies the brakes when you'd just ease off if you were in full control yourself.  Naturally my shitty old cars don't have it, but a mate's has and he doesn't use it for this reason.  As it creeps into more and more cars the extra braking is probably something we're going to be seeing more of.

That'll keep everyone on their toes

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

Well maybe people get really annoyed with it? Haha. It's just yesterday especially. It's dark and it was a bit misty too so the old deer in front was reluctant to do above 25, no matter over take, for the bikers safety and for the purpose of keeping the traffic flowing it makes sense in such weather conditions for a cyclist to use the paths.

I understand that not all like using them because they don't like having to sway in and out of other cyclists and pedestrians etc but surely in darkness and mist, for your own safety, then logic should kick in and you should say actually I'm going to swallow my 'pride' or whatever else it is that stops them using the paths and get on with it.

That's what I'm getting at; it's such a common problem

Heads up to anyone travelling in town from 4 - 6 pm today

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Today-8217-s-taxi-drivers-8217-protest-need-know/story-28168525-detail/story.html

The taxi drivers are striking by driving slowly in rush hour

Taxi drivers that I've met are, as a majority, complete knobs. That penalty points scheme will only be a good thing for customers - the amount that refuse to take you until you've paid up front is ridiculous (despite not being allowed to take cash up front)

Was it a Muntjac ..... or maybe a fallow ? ....   either way a quick toot of the horn usually makes them leave the road and get back into the bushes.

Taxi drivers that I've met are, as a majority, complete knobs. That penalty points scheme will only be a good thing for customers - the amount that refuse to take you until you've paid up front is ridiculous (despite not being allowed to take cash up front)

I'm with you .....   are they going to snarl up the Melton road when they do their rush hour go slow ?

Whenever I'm driving and get held up by a bike or a horse for about 20 seconds, I just think about the hours of my life spent in traffic jams caused by cars and then I don't feel so bad.

I don't remember that verse being sung in Favourite Things in Sound of Music. :D

(Gayest joke I've ever made lol )

• Like 1

When the only indication of what lane you're supposed to be in at a bespoke junction are arrows painted on the road itself.

Some questions:

How am I supposed to see the arrows when they're covered by something, like say the car in front?

How am I supposed to see the arrows when it's dark and raining and the road is all patchy reflections of people's break lights in puddles?

How am I supposed to see the arrows when I'm concentrating on not crashing into the car in front?

How am I supposed to see the arrows when the paint hasn't been renewed for ten years?

• Like 3

When the only indication of what lane you're supposed to be in at a bespoke junction are arrows painted on the road itself.

Some questions:

How am I supposed to see the arrows when they're covered by something, like say the car in front?

How am I supposed to see the arrows when it's dark and raining and the road is all patchy reflections of people's break lights in puddles?

How am I supposed to see the arrows when I'm concentrating on not crashing into the car in front?

How am I supposed to see the arrows when the paint hasn't been renewed for ten years?

just guess an if you get it wrong drive into the right one 

Driving from the A46 through to Ollerton - a dual carriageway almost the entire way yet the speed restricted to 40/50 mph throughout by authoritarian nannies and speed cameras everywhere (presumably because they expect people to drive faster which would perhaps figure on a quiet, mostly wide open, road).

Don't think I saw more than a six pedestrians the whole way up to the Mill turn in Ollerton. It'll soon be quicker and cheaper to use those old tinplate pedal cars in Notts!   :D 

Basically had to drive around Leicester inner ring road to do a few errands today and nobody moved a smeggin' inch.

Was ridiculous today. Whoever had the genius idea of stopping traffic turning left into the John Lewis car park off Vaughan Way and making them go up to the island to turn back so they have to turn left into the car park wants shooting.