Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Haha, Leicester's nearly as famous for its unfriendly road access as it is for King Richard 111.

Didn't I even read that they're commissioning a report with the aim of ridding the roads of diesels altogether within a few years. Honestly what a waste. We'll all be driving electric cars by then.

My oldest has already ordered his Tatra which he'll just plug into his solar panels, and power points are fast appearing all over the place, including in some City car parks, so I'm told.

Just like the price of basic computers, the car prices will plunge so everyone will be charging up overnight and heading for work in their near silent, self manouevering answers to milk floats.

At 0-60 in just over three seconds they'll not all be slouches either and the only place you'll see a diesel car is in a museum.

Mind you, they'll soon find further ways to alienate drivers. It's what they do. 

You really should see the challenge the driver of the giant brewery lorry gets resupplying the Corn Exchange pub now the approach road's been squeezed tighter than a rolled up Mercury.

If he's ever late, the bloke might be boxed in all day! :D  

I sympathise StanSP. A bit of rain and the lights can shine full beam in everyone's eyes so long as they're alright and the fog lights go on to dazzle everyone following for all that you can see normal rear lights from way back. It just isn't necessary most of the time.     

I sympathise StanSP. A bit of rain and the lights can shine full beam in everyone's eyes so long as they're alright and the fog lights go on to dazzle everyone following for all that you can see normal rear lights from way back. It just isn't necessary most of the time.     

It gets worse as they come steaming up behind you and it affects your view in the rear-view mirror.

Waiting at a junction to let a driver continue along the road I'm about to join and they leave it until the very last second to indicate that they actually want to join the road I'm leaving so I could easily have gone, but now I have to wait a bit longer or I'll effectively be cutting up the car behind this idiot.

LRI's visitor car park, queuing for 40 mins to get into the fecking place.

The tigers car park or them pay and display car parks that you drive past when queueing for the LRI car park are by far the best places to go. Very little to walk. I always seem to park up no problem. Sod joining the main queue you are there forever.

The tigers car park or them pay and display car parks that you drive past when queueing for the LRI car park are by far the best places to go. Very little to walk. I always seem to park up no problem. Sod joining the main queue you are there forever.

Agreed. Had to take my Grandma to the LRI last week and even that would have been too far for her to walk, so had to go for the dreaded one next to it.

I can sympathise Sep if you were in a similar predicament :(

Agreed. Had to take my Grandma to the LRI last week and even that would have been too far for her to walk, so had to go for the dreaded one next to it.

I can sympathise Sep if you were in a similar predicament :(

All depends which building you are going to i suppose. I took my son to the eye clinic in the Windsor building and was about 2 minute walk from the pay and display car parks. Obviously if you are with someone who struggles to walk then the LRI car park is really your only option

Guest Col city fan

Actually when I went round on my loop at the weekend I saw building works facing the ring road; is that a multistory carpark or just a hospital extension?

It's a car-park

If you're being dazzled and distracted by cars with one dazzling headlight or those that are excessively bright even on dipped beam, check ths out...

http://www.lightmare.org/

I'm fully behind that. I generally consider myself a confident, assertive driver (biased positive adjectives ftw), but once it gets dark and everyone has their headlights on I turn into Hans Moleman.

If you're being dazzled and distracted by cars with one dazzling headlight or those that are excessively bright even on dipped beam, check ths out...

http://www.lightmare.org/

I've noticed there seems to be a correlation between people who have dazzling headlights and those that are shitty toss pot drivers. Usually BMW / Aldi drivers and Asian (sorry Asians - just calling it as I see it). Also, white women (sorry white women) driving massive 4x4's and concentrating on their hair in the mirror rather than the road. Oh and white scumbag men, who clearly can't have any MOT or insurance on the heap of shit they are driving.

This is my first winter driving and it's doing my nut in with so many people blinding me with one rogue headlight, or with full beams on and not noticing.

I've noticed there seems to be a correlation between people who have dazzling headlights and those that are shitty toss pot drivers. Usually BMW / Aldi drivers and Asian (sorry Asians - just calling it as I see it). Also, white women (sorry white women) driving massive 4x4's and concentrating on their hair in the mirror rather than the road. Oh and white scumbag men, who clearly can't have any MOT or insurance on the heap of shit they are driving.

This is my first winter driving and it's doing my nut in with so many people blinding me with one rogue headlight, or with full beams on and not noticing.

Feel your pain but to expand: my company changed my BMW to an Audi in the summer. (Yes, I'm a w@nker) The BMW has too many settings to raise the beam so everybody does so regardless, and the Audi is more fixed but just so damn bright with it's super vorey sprung durkey halogen multi bulb. It lights up the road and everything to my sides. I have a pair of low tint prescription sun glasses and wear them at night! Try a 3-4 hours trip in the dark and it gives you a headache.

Assuming the Hindus mostly love Mercs then it must just be German car headlights thing.

4x4's are just higher up and drive too close because they have no sense of mortality. If you break hard, you die and they moan about paintwork.

Already posted previously on another thread I hate the clocks being changed so it's pitch black driving home and got slated by the four blokes who live in Aberdeenshire.

Answer: leave the F' in clocks alone!

Taxi drivers cutting across the road after dropping off at the train station

no.1 its a bus bay

no.2 you just cut across 3 lanes you fvcking morons 

almost went into the side of one today, absolute joke

lol nearly had a incident with a taxi driver too this morning. 1 lane going in to 2 approaching a roundabout, taxi driver begins moving towards the right and then decides to straddle both lanes as the roundabout gets closer lol 

Almost as if the dazzling headlights are because they're just twats. Had a beemer behind me today on the A47 - I'm going at roughly the speed limit (speedo reckons on, sat nav reckoned 1mph under), and a beemer is sat on my tail flashing his full beams constantly, presumably to try and force me to speed up. Ended up having to pull into one of the laybys and let him go past so I wasn't getting blinded constantly. Rarely do I hope people crash, but that guy deserves it.