Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

The Evil Within

really like the look of it. Tempted to buy it but i reckon i will prob shit myself and chicken out after 10 mins lol

It is actually very good, its more gorey and violent as apposed to jump scares and such but it has that campiness & feeling from some of the original Resident Evil games

Got this on Saturday & not impressed, was not my choice, but if you like hiding & creeping around until you get attacked by a chainsaw wielding maniac with no way of defending yourself this is the game for you.

I'm not impressed with the graphics or the gameplay. Maybe I'm missing something, but after playing The last of us, & now this. .. This is not a patch on TLOU.

People are getting carried away by the need for spectacular graphics way too often, anyway.

If The Evil Within proves one thing, it is that gameplay, sound and atmosphere are much more key to a successful game.

Agree to an extent, but better graphics would only add to the experience imo.

Enjoying it quite a lot now, wish I had more time to really get stuck in to it.

Finished it last night.

Took me 18 hours play time and had about 120 deaths!

Not using any upgrade gel for the trophy no doubt made it harder than it would have been.

Akumu difficulty is gonna be a bastard that's for sure!

Is it any good then? Worth buying?

Is it any good then? Worth buying?

I'd rate it 8/10

It's a long game by modern game standards and in the 15 chapters there is a nice amount of variety in terms of enemies and environments. Some of the game is genuinely unnerving and at times scary to play if it's turned up loud with the lights off.

It does look and feel a couple of years old, but then there are a lot of good games that are a couple years old!

For me it's the perfect filler between Destiny and the games rush in November.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...