Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maicam

Final Fantasy Series

Too many to choose from.

i agree 4 did have a great story.

Absolutely loved 7 and the Materia system. Great story.

The GF system in 8 was awesome aswel and another good story.

9 was decent but Vivi used to annoy the hell out of me.

Blitzball in 10 was really good to play. I think 10 had the best story out of all of them. It annoyed me though that you go through the whole game and none of the characters actually know Tidus's name.

X-2 was just shit. Hated the changing clothes bullshit

12 i really tried to get into but it just didnt do it for me. Got bored very quickly.

All the FF games with Lightning were decent but not brilliant.

So to answer your question (and playing 7,8 and 9 again in the last 4 years) i dont think i can choose an ultimate favourite. 7,8 and 10 are my top 3 but i dont think i can put them in any order. There all brilliant in there own way.

FF7 was my first so it hold a special place in my heart for me. My favourite was FF9 or FF10 as I was older by then and these games were the closest I have came to completing it. I just did not have enough time to complete any of them in the end. Did not enjoyed FF8 for some reason. 

I'm one of the few whose favourite is 8.

Really liked the world and the story and Squall's mardy streak resonated with me.

I was a bit too young to get the junction system first play through so thought it was well hard. Have played through it since and smashed it.

I'm one of the few whose favourite is 8.

Really liked the world and the story and Squall's mardy streak resonated with me.

I was a bit too young to get the junction system first play through so thought it was well hard. Have played through it since and smashed it.

exactly what happened with me. I got to the end of the third disc and kept getting battered cause i didnt know how to do the junctioning properly. Played it a few years ago and smashed the whole game.

exactly what happened with me. I got to the end of the third disc and kept getting battered cause i didnt know how to do the junctioning properly. Played it a few years ago and smashed the whole game.

Step 1: Go to Centra Ruins as soon as you possibly can (mid Disc 2)

Step 2: Fight Odin with everyone having a high Mag stat.

Step 3: Take advantage of the time limit and draw as many Triples as you possibly can while he's just sitting there.

Step 4: Junction 100 Triples to Squalls Str.

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit.

VII by a country mile (of the ones I've played). The atmosphere, music, length and challenge were perfect - there aren't many games where I just enjoy wandering around in but VII was definitely one of them.

I also enjoyed IV besides all the best characters *SPOILER* dying *END SPOILER*. Only played I, II, VI and VIII very briefly each so can't comment on them, I had the remake of III on DS and that was awful, and had X but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get into it. VII set the bar too high for me and I haven't really enjoyed many JRPGs since

Too many to choose from.

i agree 4 did have a great story.

Absolutely loved 7 and the Materia system. Great story.

The GF system in 8 was awesome aswel and another good story.

9 was decent but Vivi used to annoy the hell out of me.

Blitzball in 10 was really good to play. I think 10 had the best story out of all of them. It annoyed me though that you go through the whole game and none of the characters actually know Tidus's name.

X-2 was just shit. Hated the changing clothes bullshit

12 i really tried to get into but it just didnt do it for me. Got bored very quickly.

All the FF games with Lightning were decent but not brilliant.

So to answer your question (and playing 7,8 and 9 again in the last 4 years) i dont think i can choose an ultimate favourite. 7,8 and 10 are my top 3 but i dont think i can put them in any order. There all brilliant in there own way

OK, most of people said 10 is great, I want to have a try. In a word, the Final Fantasy series are a great game.

I've finished 1,2,7,9,10 and 12 and of those 7 or 9 would get my vote. 12 was a decent RPG but the beginning of the end.

I've got deep into 4 and 8 and had to admit defeat due to stupid saving on my part and getting stuck, 8 as others have said the junction system sort of ****ed me a bit. I was a bit older than some and I did get it but didn't really make the most of it and Adel did for me, I do mean to play it again some day. 4 I played on a SNES Emulator originally and I couldn't kill the Wall in time and got crushed every time I tried, I have recently downloaded the 3D remake for my phone.

6,3,5 I've started but never got into, 13 I got to the second disc before deciding it was fckig terrible. Never played xI or XIV although the latter is supposed to be very good.

Archived