Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dmayne7

Dragon Age Inquisition

Haven't seen another thread for this so was just wondering if anybody is planning to pick this up? The geekiest thing I've ever has been booking Friday off work just to play this huge game. Its been getting really good reviews and minus a few bugs, it sounds like a return to form for Bioware.

I'll get this after Christmas. 

I had it pre-ordered sub £39 at one stage but since these supposed glitches/bugs/frame rate issues, call them what you will, do not affect AC Unity in any way at all on my PS4, I pulled out of it since I have no time for three games on the go.

Far Cry 4 will have to wait as well.

So let us know how it is when you get it.  It looks great from what I've seen.

Mine's been dispatched by Amazon. Can't wait to get it, looks amazing and hopefully it's a successful return to the series after the failure of Dragon Age 2.

Edit: Well, it wasn't a failure, it just was not as good as Origins. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great game but fvck me you never truly know if an enemy can be beaten & if you are high enough in level to do it!

I was exploring & came across some enemies thought I'd be fine & in about 2 mins my whole party was dead! I was like ermmm fvck!

I've only just started out on this. Wish I'd done origins on PC not 360 as it seems it can use that profile as your back story. I also have Origins ultimate edition on PC now, so might quickly bash through that first before going back to this.

The scope of Inquisition seems huge having watched some of the longer reviews and gameplay vids on youtube.

Combat does seem a bit 'meh' but I am all about the dialogue/story really. That said, the combat is seriously dull for the first 5 hours or do. Does that pick up or will I be spamming the same skills whilst only half watching the screen for the rest of the game?

Any advice for somebody about to start? Haven't played since the original one and keep trying to use the keep website to make choices before I start but to no success.

'Read' anything you find lying about.

Listen to ambient conversation. Listen to what your companions say. 

Listen. Read. Soak it up.

If you liked origins, I think you'll like it, although I'd say its suited more to an action rather than 'strategic' style of play.

All that said, it really is a story/lore driven thing. The combat really isn't its strongest suit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've played for a good 30 hours and I'm really the only one I've seen who thinks this game is pretty terrible.

I've tried to give it a chance and I really wanted to like it. It just feels like I'm playing a single player MMORPG game. The slow, clunky, almost turned based combat made me get bored incredibly quickly. Couple that with the fact it takes an absolute age to kill one basic enemy and it's a recipe for disaster. 

The world is unpolished and buggy. I've lost count the amount of times I've floated on air when jumping from a high place. The menu system is over-clogged and looting takes forever. I like to just grab my loot and go. 

The game is just a time-sink. Full of fetcher quests with an un-interesting story to boot. 

Definitely the final nail in BioWares' coffin. Looks like I'll wait until The Witcher 3 for my next attempt at finding a fun console RPG.

I've played for a good 30 hours and I'm really the only one I've seen who thinks this game is pretty terrible.

I've tried to give it a chance and I really wanted to like it. It just feels like I'm playing a single player MMORPG game. The slow, clunky, almost turned based combat made me get bored incredibly quickly. Couple that with the fact it takes an absolute age to kill one basic enemy and it's a recipe for disaster. 

The world is unpolished and buggy. I've lost count the amount of times I've floated on air when jumping from a high place. The menu system is over-clogged and looting takes forever. I like to just grab my loot and go. 

The game is just a time-sink. Full of fetcher quests with an un-interesting story to boot. 

Definitely the final nail in BioWares' coffin. Looks like I'll wait until The Witcher 3 for my next attempt at finding a fun console RPG.

I've highlighted those parts in your synopsis there because if you had to guess which game you were describing right there, you'd more than likely go with Assassins Creed Unity.

I find it strange then that this game has been awarded all of these accolades for 2014 and yet it is clearly another one of those disappointing AAA games in 2014.  Unity has had a load of stick for a whole range of bugs (all of which haven't even affected my copy of the game, apart from the trophy glitch that hasn't been mentioned and a slight reduction in frame rate in big crowds) but this one has escaped criticism it would seem. 

I've read similar comments about Inquisition elsewhere but they're few and far between.  I might pick it up once it goes cheap although I don't have the time to go through 100 hours.

I've highlighted those parts in your synopsis there because if you had to guess which game you were describing right there, you'd more than likely go with Assassins Creed Unity.

I find it strange then that this game has been awarded all of these accolades for 2014 and yet it is clearly another one of those disappointing AAA games in 2014.  Unity has had a load of stick for a whole range of bugs (all of which haven't even affected my copy of the game, apart from the trophy glitch that hasn't been mentioned and a slight reduction in frame rate in big crowds) but this one has escaped criticism it would seem. 

I've read similar comments about Inquisition elsewhere but they're few and far between.  I might pick it up once it goes cheap although I don't have the time to go through 100 hours.

I do feel the same with Assasins Creed Unity. 2014 was a pretty shambolic year for games and next gen. Full of buggy, unfinished mess's of games. I really wanted to like the new AC and the new DA. But there's just so many flaws with both it's unreal.

I do feel the same with Assasins Creed Unity. 2014 was a pretty shambolic year for games and next gen. Full of buggy, unfinished mess's of games. I really wanted to like the new AC and the new DA. But there's just so many flaws with both it's unreal.

Let's hope for a better year.

First up, Bloodborne, followed by The Order 1886. Let's see how they fare. I want both.

Bought this last weekend and haven't been able to put it down since. It's easily the best Dragon Age game imo.

I've been on some review sights and the reaction I seen was that the majority were split into two groups.

Your group, where the reviewers are totally hooked and they love it. And my group, who think it's just as bad as DA:2. I guess it's just opinions!

I brought a PS4 and a few games just after Christmas - got FIFA 15, GTA V, Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age which was a bit of a whim purchase as I don't know anything about the series. Not even had a chance to load it up yet, but will do at some point. I enjoyed Skyrim (similar?) but rarely get the chance to play as much as these games really demand.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a huge fan of these types of games but finding it reasonably agreeable thus far, if a little slow. Will it really take me 100+ hours to complete?

I'm up to 80 hours played now, still haven't finished the main story, think I'm level 16 out of 20. I have been doing a hell of a lot of the side missions though. Levelling up enough and finding good enough weapons to beat all of the dragons is going to take a while.

I'm up to 80 hours played now, still haven't finished the main story, think I'm level 16 out of 20. I have been doing a hell of a lot of the side missions though. Levelling up enough and finding good enough weapons to beat all of the dragons is going to take a while.

Where did you find 80 hours in three weeks?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

God damn, the western approach quest is so buggy.

**** the aspect of a nightmare bit, my party members keep glitching out and either dying and not coming back to life even though I killed the thing, or being glitched and not fighting.

God damn, the western approach quest is so buggy.

**** the aspect of a nightmare bit, my party members keep glitching out and either dying and not coming back to life even though I killed the thing, or being glitched and not fighting.

I had serious problems with the dialogue and had to wait 2 mins at a time to get to the next bit. 

I've just started playing again (80 hours and still not finished the story!) It is a brilliant game, its just that the pacing of the whole thing is not great due to the sheer volume of irrelevant things to do, which has ruined the story and that is what makes a Bioware game really. Plus, as Igfualol points out, its still buggy as anything.

Archived