Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tony Pulis to City?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-eye-tony-pulis-manager-4719064?

Leicester eye Tony Pulis as manager with Nigel Pearson's Foxes rock bottom of the Premier League
Chairman Srivaddhanaprabha wants to stick by 51-year-old who delivered promotion last season but knows the Welshman has NEVER been relegated

Mark RunnaclesFILE-Tony-Pulis-is-set-to-leave-Crystal-
Wanted man: Tony Pulis has never gone down in 22 years of management

Bottom club Leicester are considering ditching manager Nigel Pearson for Tony Pulis in a bid to keep them in the Premier League.

The Foxes' Thai owners saw Saturday’s trip to fellow strugglers QPR as the start of a crucial week. City lost 3-2, and now face Liverpool at home on Tuesday before going to Aston Villa next Sunday.

Billionaire chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha wants to stick by boss Pearson, who steered them to promotion last season, but – after spending more than £100million to wipe out Leicester’s debts – he sees Premier League survival as crucial to long-term European ambitions.

Michael ReganLeicester-City-v-Watford-npower-Champion
Slump: Pearson's side have not won since beating Man United in September

Pulis, out of work since walking out of Crystal Palace, has never been relegated in 22 years. He would be attracted to the job as the owners have pledged to make £140m available over the next three years.

The Foxes, whose last win was the stunning 5-3 victory over Manchester United on 21 September, have 10 points after 12 games.

Pulis took over at Palace on 24 November last year when they had just seven points from the same number of fixtures and kept them up with something to spare.

NP needs to sort himself out thats for sure. As an ex defender, you'd think he'd get us decent at the back like tbf he did first time round. But last season Included and definitely this one have seen shocking defensive displays especially from set pieces. It is like we dont work on or practice them.

He also seems to have too many favourites such as Kasper whose performances in my book have warranted dropping him

Pearson also has never been relegated, and worked miracles TWICE at Carlisle and Southampton.

If you look at his record at those two clubs, 'miracles' is pushing it a bit.

Obviously Pulis is an excellent shout if Pearson goes. His record - and his record at this level - makes him an exceptionally good choice for any newly promoted, struggling side. If we're going to go down the road of saying he isn't a good choice for such a club, when the entire footballing community knows full well that he is, on the grounds that he wears a cap or prefers to sign physically strong players then we're going to make ourselves look very silly.

I'd stick with Pearson right now, but there's also a good argument to say we shouldn't. And if the board come to the same conclusion that, say, the Palace board came to last season, then Pulis would be a good appointment. That's not to say he'd go on to do a good job, or that Pearson won't work things out if he stays, but if a struggling top flight side finds itself without a manager and somebody with his record is available, it's insanity to suggest you should go for pretty much anyone else instead.

At moments like this, seeing fans quick to berate someone who could well be our next manager before he's anywhere near taking over, I remember we're the same set of fans who spat at Little just before promotion in 94, called for our best ever manager to be fired after twelve games, refused to call for Taylor's head in summer 01, or Adams' in 04, or Sven's in 2011, hounded Megson out of the club after six weeks before we went on to be relegated because we loved Martin Allen so much (remember he was probably appointed in the first place because we were so vocal in not wanting Warnock to take charge) and wanted Pearson fired after six months back in the job. We're good at getting things wrong. A bit of balance, please!

Guest Col city fan

Do the Mirror really expect anyone to believe this shit?

Yes, I suspect many do. Lose again on Tuesday, I think your hero may well be out.

If you look at his record at those two clubs, 'miracles' is pushing it a bit.

Obviously Pulis is an excellent shout if Pearson goes. His record - and his record at this level - makes him an exceptionally good choice for any newly promoted, struggling side. If we're going to go down the road of saying he isn't a good choice for such a club, when the entire footballing community knows full well that he is, on the grounds that he wears a cap or prefers to sign physically strong players then we're going to make ourselves look very silly.

I'd stick with Pearson right now, but there's also a good argument to say we shouldn't. And if the board come to the same conclusion that, say, the Palace board came to last season, then Pulis would be a good appointment. That's not to say he'd go on to do a good job, or that Pearson won't work things out if he stays, but if a struggling top flight side finds itself without a manager and somebody with his record is available, it's insanity to suggest you should go for pretty much anyone else instead.

At moments like this, seeing fans quick to berate someone who could well be our next manager before he's anywhere near taking over, I remember we're the same set of fans who spat at Little just before promotion in 94, called for our best ever manager to be fired after twelve games, refused to call for Taylor's head in summer 01, or Adams' in 04, or Sven's in 2011, hounded Megson out of the club after six weeks before we went on to be relegated because we loved Martin Allen so much (remember he was probably appointed in the first place because we were so vocal in not wanting Warnock to take charge) and wanted Pearson fired after six months back in the job. We're good at getting things wrong. A bit of balance, please!

The 'miracle' Pearson performed at Southampton was definitely not a miracle. They stayed up because we were utter dogshit and got relegated instead.

Yes, I suspect many do. Lose again on Tuesday, I think your hero may well be out.

Think you're kind of missing the point of my post? I think there's every chance he'll be sacked, but there's no evidence in that article, and the fact that they're still banging on about the 100m+ we're going to be spending in the next few years highlights pretty clearly how poorly researched that article is.

Or maybe you're just taking great delight at my pain. Whatever.

Think you're kind of missing the point of my post? I think there's every chance he'll be sacked, but there's no evidence in that article, and the fact that they're still banging on about the 100m+ we're going to be spending in the next few years highlights pretty clearly how poorly researched that article is.

Or maybe you're just taking great delight at my pain. Whatever.

Pearson has denied that figure, but it was reported by the BBC and featured direct quotes from the chairman. Has it ever been clarified that the whole thing was one great big massive lie? Was any action taken, considering how damaging those claims were, according to the manager?

And we're all suffering, you know.

Pearson has denied that figure, but it was reported by the BBC and featured direct quotes from the chairman. Has it ever been clarified that the whole thing was one great big massive lie? Was any action taken, considering how damaging those claims were, according to the manager?

If my memory serves me correct, it included direct quotes, that didn't once say we were going to spend that much in three years.

I think it was more to do with the owners' intent on investing overall over the course of several years. But if memory serves me correctly, it was then all massively taken out of context, so people and even a fraction of our own fans still believe we're willing to part with a high amount of money in a very short/shorter period of time.

There you go:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/leicester-owner-vichai-pledges-180-million-squad-strengthening-4021644#.VHpebYsXV_c

Archived