Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tony Pulis to City?

I don't want Pulis and I really don't see why people think he'll be such a great fit at Leicester. Still, it's not kneejerk to call for Pearson's head anymore. We've endured 2 months of handing out candy to relegation rivals without much to show for.

I want Pearson to just turn it around ffs. He's the right man for our players but his stubbornness and favoritism within the team is killing us slowly. 

It would be the right move - the Pearson faithful have stuck by their man but Leicester City has always been bigger than him and he is now so far out of his depth as to be laughable. Really, once he started offering 4 year contracts to average Championship players it was time to move him on. You don't get many shots at the Prem and the sensible thing would have been to bring in a decent manager at this level with good contacts and bought players with experience to add to the Mahrez, Knocky, Schlupp lads and to help Wes Morgan. The rest were always going to struggle and the euphoria of last season has put massive blinkers on everyone

As for the 'stick with Nige whatever brigade'.....lol - can't wait for the exciting new future once he's finally gone....

I'm still confident that Pearson can get us back into the 'Top 17' - a good performance against Liverpool on Tuesday would be a great confidence booster prior to the Villa visit.

Lots to digest from the defensive performance yesterday including the forwards not pressing or tracking back enough/at all. Kevin Phillips needs to get the strikers scoring from most of their chances (haven't heard much about him recently).

And if we are eventually going to replace Pearson .......... Tony Pulis No!    

Plenty of people ahead of him such as Michael Laudrup or maybe Neil Lennon in a few years after Pearson has established us in this division  

Yes, here's the thread I think.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/95130-vichai-has-big-plans/?hl=vichai

First post quotes Vichai as saying "My goal is for Leicester to stay in the Premier League as long as possible. We should be able to stay there for at least two or three years and then my next goal will be taking the team to the top five... It will be a difficult task but we have to try to do it."

Pearson is the best thing to happen our club since Mon. He has the whole club set up correctly from the juniors to the

Senior team. He might be a little blinkered and too loyal to the squad but that's all part of the learning curve in the premiership.

Lets be realistic, If anyone thought we where going to take the premier by storm then they know very little about football.

Were not playing disasterly bad to justify changing Manager. Everyone pulling together and committed is all you can ask from anyone.

He's getting that from the players. One win would move us up to 13/14th that's how close it is. Look at Newcastle and where they are now. We have a chance to build a very strong club with the continued support of out wonderful Owners.

Have faith and show support for our manager when he needs us all to stick together and support him. I have no doubt he will turn it around and get it right.  

Pearson is the best thing to happen our club since Mon. He has the whole club set up correctly from the juniors to the

Senior team. He might be a little blinkered and too loyal to the squad but that's all part of the learning curve in the premiership.

Lets be realistic, If anyone thought we where going to take the premier by storm then they know very little about football.

Were not playing disasterly bad to justify changing Manager. Everyone pulling together and committed is all you can ask from anyone.

He's getting that from the players. One win would move us up to 13/14th that's how close it is. Look at Newcastle and where they are now. We have a chance to build a very strong club with the continued support of out wonderful Owners.

Have faith and show support for our manager when he needs us all to stick together and support him. I have no doubt he will turn it around and get it right.

Really don't see why people are using Newcastle as an example.

They have a squad and manager that finished top 10 last season, they were never staying down there. We will be.

Are people forgetting that Pulis had Stoke on the ropes after pissing obscene amounts on the likes of Wilson Palacios and Cameron Jerome?

He can get to **** and so can people who seem to have forgotten everything Pearson has done for this club, FIFA fanboy cretins that have bought into the short termism of the Premier League - do us all a favour and **** off.

Your loyalty is touching but is not based on logic. swearing does nothing to enforce your point or calling people who have a opposite view to your own a " cretin " So why don't you and your juvenile and populist postings do us all a favour and ***** off ?

Your loyalty is touching but is not based on logic. swearing does nothing to enforce your point or calling people who have a opposite view to your own a " cretin " So why don't you and your juvenile and populist postings do us all a favour and ***** off ?

lol

Someone's mad that they're a cretin.

Which managers actually do jump up and down and shout aggressively at the players anyway? Martinez doesn't, Rodgers doesn't, Pellegrini I haven't seen, Van Gaal sits writing notes for most of the match, Koeman looks calm on the touchline.

Di Canio is the one who is very demonstrative, Poyet too to a lesser extent, Pardew went overboard with his actions but I'm sure that was just passion and commitment which we all supposedly love.

The days of O'Neill bouncing around the technical area are gone.

I'm seriously amazed that are people who would prefer us to be in the second tier next season with Pearson, to in the top flight next season with a manager they don't like. Support the manager, of course, but not at the expense of the club!

Anybody who, in order to bolster their argument that Pearson should stay, feels that we should write off this season as dead in the water is living on another planet. I support Pearson because I believe he can keep us in the PL this year and build from there. If it looks like Tony Pulis or whoever else is more likely to do this than he is, I will of course want them in charge.

If you support Pearson on the grounds that he'll be pretty decent for us when we inevitably get relegated - and there's a lot of this sort of sentiment going around right now - then the argument for him remaining as manager has truly fallen apart. You are effectively saying that, should he prove incapable of keeping us in the top flight, then it would at least represent some sort of progress if - over a four year period - he had turned second tier promotion favourites into, guess what, second tier promotion favourites.

People keep saying that we should look at the club's history, and Pearson's history, to see why he'd be the best option even if he were to take / look like taking us down. But our history, and that of many other clubs, doesn't suggest this at all. Just look at Jock Wallace, Bryan Hamilton and Micky Adams - all managers who were expected to bounce straight back. Well we did bounce back, two, seven and ten years later respectively, but not with those men in charge. 

So how anyone can argue that we'd be better off going back down with Pearson in charge than staying up with Pulis in charge is, in my view, completely nuts. The best thing for our long term future, make no mistake, is doing what we need to do to stay up this season. And that, equally, will be our best chance of playing in the PL in 2016/17, not going down and spectacularly bouncing straight back up. I believe Pearson can deliver this, so I support him. If you don't, and you have even the slightest hint of ambition for the growth of your football club, then you probably shouldn't support him.

Past is irrelevant, it's about the here and now, and right now Pearson isn't getting it right. I can't actually see where our next point is coming from, the premier league isn't like the championship, we won't find an inner belief and beat Liverpool, because they're superior to us across every department.

There is no time in the premier league, carry on the way we are and we could be rock bottom by January and points adrift.

If they were to sack Pearson and I hope that they don't, I'd much rather someone like Steve Clarke step in than Pulis. He had West Brom playing some decent stuff whilst being defensively solid and was unfairly sacked.

They won 5 out of 30 (or similar)when Clarke got sacked, I don't think he'd be an improvement on Pearson.

Archived