Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tony Pulis to City?

Are people forgetting that Pulis had Stoke on the ropes after pissing obscene amounts on the likes of Wilson Palacios and Cameron Jerome?

He can get to **** and so can people who seem to have forgotten everything Pearson has done for this club, FIFA fanboy cretins that have bought into the short termism of the Premier League - do us all a favour and **** off.

Guest Kopfkino

He has tended to struggle at the bottom end of the Premier League, if you look beyond Wolves. And there'd be compensation payments so, as a result, less transfer funds.

Having just looked, you're right its pretty poor. Just like him more than Pulis

It will be interesting if we do get relegated without having spent much money, because with FFP and parachute payments we'll have considerably more financial firepower than almost everyone in the championship. That doesn't guarantee success of course, but it helps.

I've wondered in the past if the effect of FFP and parachute payments might create a small group of yo yo clubs who are streets ahead of the rest of the championship, but are always likely to be relegated in the prem, almost to the effect of constantly swapping places year on year. Maybe we'll be one of those clubs.

Sounds like the day we'd hit 20th in the league they'd be ready to run this story.

Pulis is not the answer.

I'm confident Pearson can turn this around for us.

Pulis isn't the answer in the long run but is he not the answer if they're looking to just secure survival this season? Can you think of a better answer? 

Not that I want him really, but if they're going to get rid of Pearson and they simply need somebody to safely secure survival, who else would you be looking at?

Pulis isn't the answer in the long run but is he not the answer if they're looking to just secure survival this season? Can you think of a better answer? 

Not that I want him really, but if they're going to get rid of Pearson and they simply need somebody to safely secure survival, who else would you be looking at?

I really don't know. If there's no clear answer I don't see why the owners would see a clear one either. 

There's no guarantee that if someone (not just Pulis) was to be hired on a short-term basis we'd secure survival, either. At least Pearson knows this squad inside out and can at least have some influence on the players. 

I just don't trust in changing the manager when he's only had 3 months of Premier League experience with us. Since when was that ever enough time to prove yourself?

I'd rather keep Pearson and go down again. Seriously we need management stability and we will all learn from this, the owners included. Next time but some decent bloody players.

I think the whole point is that we're far from down yet and we'd like to give ourselves the best possible chance of avoiding it.

Surely we can't make all of our plans for the rest of this season based on, and prioritising, what will probably be best for next season.

Surely we can't make all of our plans for the rest of this season based on, and prioritising, what will probably be best for next season.

That's exactly what we should be doing. Changing manager should not be a short term decision (sadly most chairman seem to disagree), it should be based on what is best for the club in the long term.

That's exactly what we should be doing. Changing manager should not be a short term decision (sadly most chairman seem to disagree), it should be based on what is best for the club in the long term.

Chairmen seem to have come to the conclusion that what is best in the long term is a short term approach to the management of the club.

But no, I can't buy into the idea that we should be looking at what would be best if we were in the second tier next season. We should be planning to stay in the top tier this season, what comes next is important, but has to be secondary.

Chairmen seem to have come to the conclusion that what is best in the long term is a short term approach to the management of the club.

But no, I can't buy into the idea that we should be looking at what would be best if we were in the second tier next season. We should be planning to stay in the top tier this season, what comes next is important, but has to be secondary.

We should be planning for both eventualities because both are very possible regardless of whether we sack or keep Pearson. The decision should be who is best for Leicester City in the long term, not whether there's someone who can probably keep us up this season (no one can guarantee it), but with the cost of tarnishing the good work that I think Nigel and his scouting team have done and are doing putting together a talented young squad.

Some one needs to explain the logic of management stability over premier league football. It makes no sense at all. Surely the point of our football club existing is to strive towards success, having taken ten years to get here our fans would rather get relegated than sack a manager, based on what? He would achieve the same as last time. Let's turn NP great record on its head - two failed playoff attempts so it's quite possible we will be waiting for a long time to return again - small club mentality.

Secondly the NP vs. TP argument I'm struggling with. It seems NP is favoured, at times, because he comes across as calm, intelligent and a man of principal. He seems to get a pass because of the way he presents himself - all this rubbish about looking players in the eyes etc. the facts are as of today TP has a much better record than NP at this level, is proven at this level and whether he is seen as a knob is inconsequential. A manager is here to do a job and get results, and there is no doubt Pullis has proven he can do that.

As has been stated before, none of know the facts about the club budget. Pearson seems to have a strategy to keep the team together and survive on a mixture of spirit, confidence (from last season) and a bit of PL ability though that is clearly our main issue.

Add to this that the club may have huge confidence that if we are relegated, this team, having amassed 100+ points in the championship can bring us straight back up. My view is different and if we have the dough, we should be spending it wisely on some class in certain positions. players who will enable us to stay up but, in the worst case scenario, will be saleable if we go down.

Believing that we can go down and come back quickly is naive.

As for the salary cap to keep team spirit - that looks dead now. If we are bottom 2 come jan and we are not adrift we have to do whatever it takes. Spirit alone will not keep this squad up.

everyone talks about pulis relegation record. Fair enough he worked miracles with Palace after coming in after 13 games, but with Stoke he was in charge of that team for a long time and had the financing to build it over time. Really he's only proved once that he can come into a team and immediately make an impact. Now I think he's a good manager but success is not going to be guaranteed just because he comes in, and imo I dont wanna put all the blame to the manager....the players have to perform. Yesterday, defensively we were not at it, but offensively we were excellent. This is the fine balance we need to find, in other weeks we were defensively solid and offensively awful.

did any of you see much of palace last season? I'm guessing not...I acctually saw them play and I can safely say it was NOT hoofball, they played some bloody good stuff at times. Pulis is the kind of guy who utilises what he's got, he had limitations at his time with Stoke and built a team that suited a certain type to be successful, at the moment we are not doing that, Pearson's lack of premier league experience coupled with poor signings have come back to bite us.

Either you accept the fact that we're going down, because we don't have the managerial experience to call upon, or the players to turn it around, or try something different, try someone who's never been relegated from the premier league, big difference to Pearsons 'never been relegated' claim....

Archived