Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tony Pulis to City?

How is relegation sensible? I agree manegerial stability is important but if your nieve enough to think we'll walk the championship again your deluded..

I wouldn't say he is deluded? If we went down, we have a structure at the moment that means we wouldn't have to sell any players and with our squad, we'd be favourites to win it. Anyway there's a long way and an important transfer window to go yet.

Pulis? The man that walked out on his last club two days before the season started because they wouldn't break their wage structure to players he wanted? Leave him where he is! Nigel is a great manager and we'd be foolish to get rid.

Had a think about who I'd have in SHOULD Nigel been given his marching orders following a hypothetical defeat on Tuesday (don't think it will happen beforehand). Looking round at the out of work managers, yes, Pulis has never been relegated but he has the worst brand of football I can think of and to be fair - we are seeing glimpses of that now under Nigel in those last 15 minutes of each match and it isn't working. Who else is there? OGS - great player and in time, think will be a good manager but did lead Cardiff to relegation (okay, we know Mr Tan had a lot to do with that too, but still). 

For me, there is probably only one out of work manager I'd look at and his name is Tim Sherwood. Did a very good job with Spurs (win ratio of 50%), also believes in bringing through youth and plays a nice style of football. If he got the job, then maybe we may stand a chance long term, but otherwise - would we see any great change in our fortunes? I'm not convinced. 

you know what, I don't know if it's the money in football nowadays, modern mentality or something else, but to be foaming at the mouth, angrily calling for a manager to be sacked after a bad run of form for 8 games, saddens me. is that what it's become, that's what football represents nowadays, sack it, we might as well make every club set a limit - three defeats in a row and you HAVE to sack your manager, because that's what it's becoming.

you know what, I don't know if it's the money in football nowadays, modern mentality or something else, but to be foaming at the mouth, angrily calling for a manager to be sacked after a bad run of form for 8 games, saddens me. is that what it's become, that's what football represents nowadays, sack it, we might as well make every club set a limit - three defeats in a row and you HAVE to sack your manager, because that's what it's becoming.

I agree. Would be nice to see something come in to stop excessive sackings. 3 point deduction? lol

Please will this story come true sooner rather then later. Enough of the "look what Pearson has done for this club" rubbish, "Pulis isn't the answer" rubbish and "Pearson needs time" rubbish. The sooner we replace him the sooner we start getting results.

Please will this story come true sooner rather then later. Enough of the "look what Pearson has done for this club" rubbish, "Pulis isn't the answer" rubbish and "Pearson needs time" rubbish. The sooner we replace him the sooner we start getting results.

What suggests that would happen? The players look out of their depth at times.

What suggests that would happen? The players look out of their depth at times.

Unorganised tactics that we adopted yesterday cost us three points not the players. The manager tells them what to do and they do it. Pearson is the one who is out of his depth. Pulis knows this league and knows it well, he will save us. He is more motivational then Pearson and superior to him in every way.

Football is a results based business and the league does not lie this far into the season, said to my brother preseason if we were bottom by December Nige would be gone but never thought we actually would be, especially after the good start we had.

I suppose now it all depends on whether being bottom of the league is hurting the brand and is becoming an embarrassment to King Power :dunno:

If it is just the one paper saying this it is probably just wild speculation to use up a bit of space in the sports section.

Surely a manager jumping up and down shouting at you will motivate you more than one camping in the stands.

I think there are probably more important factors, when it comes to motivating footballers, than where the manager stands or sits during a match.

Unorganised tactics that we adopted yesterday cost us three points not the players. The manager tells them what to do and they do it. Pearson is the one who is out of his depth. Pulis knows this league and knows it well, he will save us. He is more motivational then Pearson and superior to him in every way.

Inability to defend and missed chances cost us yesterday.

I wouldn't say he is deluded? If we went down, we have a structure at the moment that means we wouldn't have to sell any players and with our squad, we'd be favourites to win it. Anyway there's a long way and an important transfer window to go yet.

Pulis? The man that walked out on his last club two days before the season started because they wouldn't break their wage structure to players he wanted? Leave him where he is! Nigel is a great manager and we'd be foolish to get rid.

your deluded because if you think we would be coming straight back up think again.look at the championship know wigan reading still there norwich fulham struggling blackpool well say no more and there are others. so it is a must we stay in this premier league so pearson must go to keep our place there

Do the Mirror really expect anyone to believe this shit?

It's a twist on what the owners actually said which was after staying up, their target would be Europe within 3 years. When asked how much that would cost, that's the money he said.

Surely a manager jumping up and down shouting at you will motivate you more than one camping in the stands.

This will always be brought up every time we have a bad run. You know already that our poor form isn't down to the manager being in the stands as you saw last season.

Classic case of a football fan wanting to see 'pashun' thinking it must be best for the team when sometimes a calm head can be more effective.

Guest Col city fan

This will always be brought up every time we have a bad run. You know already that our poor form isn't down to the manager being in the stands as you saw last season.

Classic case of a football fan wanting to see 'pashun' thinking it must be best for the team when sometimes a calm head can be more effective.

Certainly true re. Last season. It made no difference to us that Nige was in the stands.

This season however, Nige's 'calm head' is proving to be anything but effective.

It's a different season. What worked last season re. 'Pashun' might not work this.

It's a twist on what the owners actually said which was after staying up, their target would be Europe within 3 years. When asked how much that would cost, that's the money he said.

When did they say their target was Europe within three years?

Archived