Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tony Pulis to City?

Wow that very true, surprised anyone outside palace fans would know that

When you consider he was the first manager in our history to take us outside of the top two tiers, it's easy to imagine the general opinion of the man and his skills as a manager.

I honestly don't know how he did what he did at Blackpool. I was absolutely stunned when he took them up.

Nigel Pearson has proved he's a good manager. At a certain level. But if players need time to adapt surely a manager does.

I believe he's capable of learning and growing and fostering a mentality in the team. Last season was immense. I'd like to see him stay even if relegated, learn and grow and then get back stronger.

The Palace fan basically sums up why I don't want Pulis. Yeah, he's never been relegated before - he's also never been in charge of a Premier League club unsuited to his football like Leicester would be.

Wow that very true, surprised anyone outside palace fans would know that

Holloway actually sat Damien Delaney down and told him to watch a barcelona video of them playing out from the back because thats what he wanted us to do!

He was a complete clown.

Don't be too surprised. He managed to take us to League One.

Tony Pulis would struggle with the players we have, if we get him in it would need to be before Jan so he can scout/buy some players that could handle his style of football.

Palace were a good team before Pulis got there, just under very bad management, alot worse than Pearson.

I was a anti 'get Pearson out' and still am but I find it hard to understand what his idea was when taking of Ulloa and bringing on Albrighton & all this sitting in the stands crap is getting annoying.

I hope Pearson stays though even if it means us going back down to the Championship.... If it wasn't for him we would still be in the Championship, he has worked wonders before (ie every other season he's been in charge) so whats to say he can't turn it around now.

Palace fan in peace

Pulis did well for us but bare in mind we had a a squad already built for playing counter attacking football we basically had players who love to defend, plus we were lucky to have good wingers, he only bought in 2 of his own players

There is no guarantee he would be able to do the same with another squad of players, I doubt Cambiaso would ever play again.

I went to the Palace Leicester game and I dont really see you as a Pulis side, you were half the size of our team and played alot more football.

Be careful what you wish for, he'll use you like he did us.

This is a very valid point, our squad is our biggest problem. Now, NP is responsible for that squad but will changing the manager actually make any difference with the squad we have?

Having said that, i havent given up by any stretch, its still early and there is very little separating the bottom 8, tighten a leaky defence and a little luck and we are back fighting for safety.

I hope Pearson stays though even if it means us going back down to the Championship.... If it wasn't for him we would still be in the Championship, he has worked wonders before (ie every other season he's been in charge) so whats to say he can't turn it around now.

:o

He won't turn it around as a) his players aren't of the required quality and experience and b) he is tactically inept at this level and doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes.

I was all for giving him a crack at the league but being below Burnley at this stage is shocking

Guest Col city fan

I think Pearson will probably live to regret the lack of quality signings in the summer. Albrighton has hardly set the world on fire. Cambiasso, I'm afraid, lets oncoming attacking players drift past him far too easily (only some of us seem to see this? ) and Ulloa requires the side to play in a certain way before he looks much good. Simpson hasn't yet played? And where's Powell?

The summer was crucial..Pearson had to get this right in terms of signing players who were clearly better than than what we had already.

IMO he didn't. Maybe he tried to, but couldn't for many reasons? I dont know?

But i do think that, should he lose to Liverpool, he is walking a very very thin line.

Although very very new and inexperienced, the fella at Brentford appears to be doing a grand job with them. And comes across as very sensible.

We'll see..

Nothing against Pulis but how does everyone know for a fact he's the answer? He's orchestrated the great escape once. Doesn't mean he'd automatically do it for us.

The fans who want Pearson out are undoubtably the same fans who wanted the same two seasons ago. Good job the board paid no attention then, and hopefully they won't this time either.

Nothing against Pulis but how does everyone know for a fact he's the answer? He's orchestrated the great escape once. Doesn't mean he'd automatically do it for us.

The fans who want Pearson out are undoubtably the same fans who wanted the same two seasons ago. Good job the board paid no attention then, and hopefully they won't this time either.

I completely agree with you on Pearson. Establishing Stoke in the early years was a pretty big achievement on Pulis' part, harsh to dismiss him as only doing it once.

:o

He won't turn it around as a) his players aren't of the required quality and experience and b) he is tactically inept at this level and doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes.

I was all for giving him a crack at the league but being below Burnley at this stage is shocking

"Delusions of grandeur" springs to mind.

Pearson has never fully managed at Premier League level (with the odd caretaker role here and there), so what did you expect when we got promoted with him? That he'd have us sweep the nation by storm? Have a word with yourself.

I completely agree with you on Pearson. Establishing Stoke in the early years was a pretty big achievement on Pulis' part, harsh to dismiss him as only doing it once.

We don't have a 'Pulis' squad, so I doubt he would come anyway.

"Delusions of grandeur" springs to mind.

Pearson has never fully managed at Premier League level (with the odd caretaker role here and there), so what did you expect when we got promoted with him? That he'd have us sweep the nation by storm? Have a word with yourself.

I think we ALL expected to be above Burnley at this stage so saying 'have a word with yourself' is a bit harsh.

In fairness, there weren't many people clambering for him to stay after the poor run. After the summer of zero signings I didnt hear a single person giving us a prayer so to try and cast a shadow on those opinions isn't comparable in my eyes.

Its a vastly different situation now. The owners stuck by him as his track record suggested he had the credentials to get us to at least the play-offs. He has no record at Premier league level (apart from a couple of games as a caretaker) and his decision making at this level is baffling to say the least (as you alluded to earlier).

Would you continue to play Nugent up front when its quite clear he isnt up to the job? Probably not, so why so keen for Pearson to stay when absolutely everything he's doing at the minute points to him not being a Premiership manager?

We don't have a 'Pulis' squad, so I doubt he would come anyway.

I think we ALL expected to be above Burnley at this stage so saying 'have a word with yourself' is a bit harsh.

This. The argument of 'did you expect us to be in the top 6? Get real' isnt an argument at all. I didnt expect us to look absolute gash against West Brom, Palace, Burnley, Sunderland or QPR.

This. The argument of 'did you expect us to be in the top 6? Get real' isnt an argument at all. I didnt expect us to look absolute gash against West Brom, Palace, Burnley, Sunderland or QPR.

Points at home to Burnley and Sunderland.

Defeats to WBA and QPR is an awful return - nothing to do with having unrealistic expectations.

I didn't expect us to win at Stoke, win against Manchester United or getting points off Arsenal or Everton.

Besides, we didn't look "absolute gash" against Sunderland or West Brom and only lost the latter game due to a freak own-goal. With the recent loss against QPR, it's a similar case.

I'll give you Burnley, letting a 2-0 lead slip away so carelessly was criminal.

I didn't expect us to win at Stoke, win against Manchester United or getting points off Arsenal or Everton.

Besides, we didn't look "absolute gash" against Sunderland or West Brom and only lost the latter game due to a freak own-goal. With the recent loss against QPR, it's a similar case.

I'll give you Burnley, letting a 2-0 lead slip away so carelessly was criminal.

We werent 2-0 up against Burnley. There was nothing freakish about out defeat to QPR and the Sunderland and WBA games were dreadful,

The unexpected points we picked up were a bonus. The fact we haven't capitalised on them is theost disappointing thing of all.

In fairness, there weren't many people clambering for him to stay after the poor run. After the summer of zero signings I didnt hear a single person giving us a prayer so to try and cast a shadow on those opinions isn't comparable in my eyes.

Which points to fans not having a bloody clue half the time then, myself included.

Archived