Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tony Pulis to City?

We werent 2-0 up against Burnley. There was nothing freakish about out defeat to QPR and the Sunderland and WBA games were dreadful,

The unexpected points we picked up were a bonus. The fact we haven't capitalised on them is theost disappointing thing of all.

I was referring to the two unfortunate own-goals against West Brom and QPR that have cost us points and probably also a chunk of morale.

Sunderland at home wasn't dreadful, same goes for West Brom. Swansea away was much worse than that.

Yeah, Burnley. 2-1. Still criminal to give that game away with so little time to play.

I was referring to the two unfortunate own-goals against West Brom and QPR that have cost us points and probably also a chunk of morale.

Sunderland at home wasn't dreadful, same goes for West Brom. Swansea away was much worse than that.

Yeah, Burnley. 2-1. Still criminal to give that game away with so little time to play.

At the end of the day, excuses for losses get you no where.

We are in relegation form right now but I said right from the start of the season, if we are not in so bad of a position by April then we should have a good end of the season

West Ham at home

West Brom away

Swansea at Home

Burnley away

Newcastle at home

Southampton at home

Sunderland away

QPR at home

And the outcome of those fixtures with be the telling part of the season.

Though, it did look easier at the start of the season than it looks now!

The owners won't be able to pick a manager, Andrew Neville won't get the chance to choose, so it's likely to fall on Robinson to be the ear the owners lean on (presuming they keep it in house). In which case, is it not reported that they had a rather sketchy relationship? Is there anything concrete out there about it?

I think Pearson will probably live to regret the lack of quality signings in the summer. Albrighton has hardly set the world on fire. Cambiasso, I'm afraid, lets oncoming attacking players drift past him far too easily (only some of us seem to see this? ) and Ulloa requires the side to play in a certain way before he looks much good. Simpson hasn't yet played? And where's Powell?

The summer was crucial..Pearson had to get this right in terms of signing players who were clearly better than than what we had already.

IMO he didn't. Maybe he tried to, but couldn't for many reasons? I dont know?

But i do think that, should he lose to Liverpool, he is walking a very very thin line.

Although very very new and inexperienced, the fella at Brentford appears to be doing a grand job with them. And comes across as very sensible.

We'll see..

you are obsessed with cambiasso, in the same way grewks is obsessed with nugent

Nothing against Pulis but how does everyone know for a fact he's the answer? He's orchestrated the great escape once. Doesn't mean he'd automatically do it for us.

The fans who want Pearson out are undoubtably the same fans who wanted the same two seasons ago. Good job the board paid no attention then, and hopefully they won't this time either.

I'm afraid if he takes us down he is gone. Why on earth would the owners keep a manager who has failed miserably to manage at Premiership level ?  What would be the point of sticking with him ? Even if he did get us back up it would be the same as this season. He just is not good enough to manage in the Prem the points tally show that.

Does anyone want us to be a Yo-Yo club ? Pearson has found to his cost that it's one thing to be successful at championship level but the Premiership is way beyond his capabilities in my opinion. Put yourself in the owners shoes why would you stick with a manager who can't even deliver survival in the Premiership ? 

I'm afraid if he takes us down he is gone. Why on earth would the owners keep a manager who has failed miserably to manage at Premiership level ? What would be the point of sticking with him ? Even if he did get us back up it would be the same as this season. He just is not good enough to manage in the Prem the points tally show that.

Does anyone want us to be a Yo-Yo club ? Pearson has found to his cost that it's one thing to be successful at championship level but the Premiership is way beyond his capabilities in my opinion. Put yourself in the owners shoes why would you stick with a manager who can't even deliver survival in the Premiership ?

It's the 1st December. You cannot dismiss him as unsuitable to manage at this level. Not yet

I completely agree with you on Pearson. Establishing Stoke in the early years was a pretty big achievement on Pulis' part, harsh to dismiss him as only doing it once.

But what's to say Pearson won't do the same if he stays here? My point is, everyone thinks Pulis is going to come here and wave a magic wand and we will automatically improve and stay up. Just because he did it at Palace, doesn't mean he would here. Stoke was a totally different scenario

In fairness, there weren't many people clambering for him to stay after the poor run. After the summer of zero signings I didnt hear a single person giving us a prayer so to try and cast a shadow on those opinions isn't comparable in my eyes.

Its a vastly different situation now. The owners stuck by him as his track record suggested he had the credentials to get us to at least the play-offs. He has no record at Premier league level (apart from a couple of games as a caretaker) and his decision making at this level is baffling to say the least (as you alluded to earlier).

Would you continue to play Nugent up front when its quite clear he isnt up to the job? Probably not, so why so keen for Pearson to stay when absolutely everything he's doing at the minute points to him not being a Premiership manager?

His faith in Nugent is baffling, as were his tactics at home to WBA. He's not perfect but I do think in the last two games we've improved. At least we are creating chances. What if we beat Liverpool and Villa? Does that mean he is a premiership manager? He needs more time.

Nothing against Pulis but how does everyone know for a fact he's the answer? He's orchestrated the great escape once. Doesn't mean he'd automatically do it for us.

The fans who want Pearson out are undoubtably the same fans who wanted the same two seasons ago. Good job the board paid no attention then, and hopefully they won't this time either.

I suspect Pulis wouldn't even accept the job. He turned down Palace at first.

Guest Col city fan

you are obsessed with cambiasso, in the same way grewks is obsessed with nugent

I think some people are obsessed with my so-called 'obsession' with Cambiasso. I've said more than once that he's a classy player with a nice pass. I've also said i think many overlook his shortcomings. Or how i percieve them.

And if you read the post, Ive mentioned a few more names in there. Ostensibly, its about Pearson. Rather than a simple dismissal based on 'Col has a vendetta', look at what's being said.

My personal opinion, and that's all it is, is that Nige has not signed the calibre of player we needed. That could prove our, and his, undoing.

I still believe pearson is the right man for the job and should be given the oppertunity to see out the season, after all he did get us here after a long spell out of the top flight!

If relegation happens then that would be the time i would expect the flurry of "pearson out" and "he has to go" threads appear.

As already mentioned, the gap at the bottom is slim. January will be an interesteing time regarding transfers but i just think the squad needs the playing as a unit mentality from last season back again for us to get back out of the relegation pit. Let's hope for a 3 pointer against the professional victims tomorrow. COYB

The owners won't be able to pick a manager, Andrew Neville won't get the chance to choose, so it's likely to fall on Robinson to be the ear the owners lean on (presuming they keep it in house). In which case, is it not reported that they had a rather sketchy relationship? Is there anything concrete out there about it?

When he came to us, I seem to remember that Robinson said that he had enjoyed a good working relationship with Pulis - though he wasn't anything so grand as a Director Of Football then (wasn't he Academy Director or something like that ?)

The funny thing is if we win tomorrow we could actually end up 15th. Will the short-termism work both ways?

I suppose the big problem is that it's a massive if, with the way we're playing.

I disagree with the one who said that if he fails this season (which he hasn't yet for what it's worth) then he'll never succeed in this league. Why won't he? Pearson, for me, is a slow learner. However - he DOES learn. You stick a random date of Pearson's career and then compare it to that exact date two years later you'll generally find he's improved IMO. He took a very similar squad that stumbled to 6th to absolutely walking the division last year and there's no reason he can't succeed at this level one day, even if he does fail.

It also isn't beyond Pulis to take us down. In-fact I think he probably would. I'm not claiming he's all about hoofball (we play as much hoofball as Stoke did at the minute) but he's about discipline and structure. Would you really associate that with this group of players? I think we've got more passers than scrappers. Where's our Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Chamakh, Ward etc... that just isn't really us.

We werent 2-0 up against Burnley. There was nothing freakish about out defeat to QPR and the Sunderland and WBA games were dreadful,

The unexpected points we picked up were a bonus. The fact we haven't capitalised on them is theost disappointing thing of all.

You were clearly at different WBA and Sunderland games,whilst hardly thrillers they certainly were not dreadful and I would suggest we were a tad unfortunate in both, what were you expecting champagne football, it was always going to be a dog fight and there will be many more similar games before the season is over.

I will quite happily accept dreadful tomorrow and a 1-0 win.We need a break and who knows tomorrow we might get a bit of luck..

Archived