Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tony Pulis to City?

Even if we went for Pulis and he kept us up, he's only a short term solution. He can never really take a team to the next level. Surely if we're going to replace Pearson we would want someone with a long term plan in mind. 

And I want to win the lottery and have a 3 some with Natalie Imbruglia and Natalie Portman.

We've been through 12 managers since O'Neill and the only ones to achieve any success were Adams briefly and Pearson. I wish it was that easy.

Even if we went for Pulis and he kept us up, he's only a short term solution. He can never really take a team to the next level. Surely if we're going to replace Pearson we would want someone with a long term plan in mind.

I think having Pulis for 2-3 seasons firmly establishing ourselves in the league would make us a better proposition to get us the manager to take us to the next level. At the minute we wont be able to attract that standard of manager.

I think having Pulis for 2-3 seasons firmly establishing ourselves in the league would make us a better proposition to get us the manager to take us to the next level. At the minute we wont be able to attract that standard of manager.

I agree with that ....

I'm not confident he'd stay for that long after what he did at Palace. I'm much more willing to believe that our current manager will move the club forward, just he has done in every season he's been here.

Like the palace fan said they had a few good players at the club already when Pulis took over, so it was a case of him sorting them out. I'm sorry I love Riyad and Knocky but on a good day they couldn't sniff the sweat around Bolasi's bollocks. So could Pulis do with us what he did with them? I don't think so to be honest.

Guest Col city fan

If we sack Pearson and hire Pulis I will no longer follow football. It's not worth the pain.

Bet you would still..

:thumbup:

Do people forget Pulis walked out on Palace a day before the season started?

He's a massive risk, and that's without even getting into the fact we seriously lack the physicality in our squad to play his 'brand' (can't even say style) of rugby.

Did anybody actually watch Crystal Palace last season? We're playing more hoofball than they did and we're shit at it to top it off. Find it funny that some people here think Pulis is so shit that he wouldn't recognise our team's different from Palace's and Stoke's and adjust to that, as he did the transition to Palace from Stoke. They had 7 points after 13 matches and finished 11th. Not saying pull the trigger immediately (mostly just because I'm hoping Pearson'll turn it around and make me look a twat for saying it--and because I think should Pearson stay up he'll build something a lot better than Pulis will do), but Pulis is tactically a lot better than Pearson is and I'd go for him over somebody who hasn't a track record in doing exactly what we need this year -- survival.

Like the palace fan said they had a few good players at the club already when Pulis took over, so it was a case of him sorting them out. I'm sorry I love Riyad and Knocky but on a good day they couldn't sniff the sweat around Bolasi's bollocks. So could Pulis do with us what he did with them? I don't think so to be honest.

lol what?!

Mahrez is way beyond Bolasie's level. Bolasie is Dyer with stepovers.

Do people forget Pulis walked out on Palace a day before the season started?

He's a massive risk, and that's without even getting into the fact we seriously lack the physicality in our squad to play his 'brand' (can't even say style) of rugby.

lol lol

How has poo loose suddenly become the Messiah. The guy is a grade A knob who has been average at best for the majority of his career, who for most of that time has played anti football and left palace in a fit of pique because they wouldn't bankrupt themselves to feed his ambition and massive ego. In addition he has no interest in developing the fabric of the club from the kid's up, something it is obvious the thais are extremely keen on doing.

Yes he seems to be the perfect candidate to take us forward.

How has poo loose suddenly become the Messiah. The guy is a grade A knob who has been average at best for the majority of his career, who for most of that time has played anti football and left palace in a fit of pique because they wouldn't bankrupt themselves to feed his ambition and massive ego. In addition he has no interest in developing the fabric of the club from the kid's up, something it is obvious the thais are extremely keen on doing.

Yes he seems to be the perfect candidate to take us forward.

sums it up nicely - what is Rory Delap doing these days ?

I don't get this about Bolasie. He's a good player and actually impressed me more than Zaha when we played Palace in the Championship. However, he seems to be one of the most over and under rated players in the league. Some people think he's awful when he's actually quite a tricky winger. Some people think he's a like a cheaper Ronaldo or something, when he's nothing more than a decent, pacey Premier League winger.

I'd love to have him on one side and Mahrez on the other, he's certainly better than Schlupp. Yet, I wouldn't say Riyad is worse than Bolasie at all. Bolasie would get slated on here for his wastefulness and lack of end product!! From what I've seen he is as frustrating as he is brilliant. 

Give it a couple of years and Mahrez will be playing for a better side than Bolasie.

Morning chaps, Palace fan here.

Tony Pulis demanded his bonus for keeping us up in one lump sum rather than the agreed installments and then walked less than 48 hours before our season opener away to Arsenal.

He kept Stoke up and turned them in to a mid table outfit by being the second highest spenders in that time behind Chelsea.

Yeah the Palace side stayed up but Pulis will have you believe that he is the sole reason for this, not the spirit, unity & togetherness that our squad have had for years now.

In short, Pulis is a git, we're doing no worse than when he was at Palace and are arguably playing better football under Warnock.

Be careful what you wish for.

raba

Tony Pulis demanded his bonus for keeping us up in one lump sum rather than the agreed installments and then walked less than 48 hours before our season opener away to Arsenal.

He kept Stoke up and turned them in to a mid table outfit by being the second highest spenders in that time behind Chelsea.

Yeah the Palace side stayed up but Pulis will have you believe that he is the sole reason for this, not the spirit, unity & togetherness that our squad have had for years now.

In short, Pulis is a git, we're doing no worse than when he was at Palace and are arguably playing better football under Warnock.

raba

Cheers for that.

Really hope he goes elsewhere. He's been criticised for his style of football for years on here but just lately he's some sort of messiah! Nah!

Cheers for that.

Really hope he goes elsewhere. He's been criticised for his style of football for years on here but just lately he's some sort of messiah! Nah!

Some Palace fans still believe he is the messiah, he divided the fanbase when he rocked up and divided it again when he left.

I can't argue that he did extremely well for us, that would be churlish but he managed to keep his non-relegation record intact by not risking another season at Selhurst. Maybe he wasn't confident that we'd been found out and teams would have a better idea how to play against us.

And I want to win the lottery and have a 3 some with Natalie Imbruglia and Natalie Portman.

We've been through 12 managers since O'Neill and the only ones to achieve any success were Adams briefly and Pearson. I wish it was that easy.

And everyone had there own idea's about the squad they inherited.

Vast turn over of players and players taking time to settle in the new formation/roll.

raba

Says it all about Pulis' style.

Archived