Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

City table £7.9m bid for Croatian striker Kramaric

And that wasn't your point - you claimed we were going to miss out on him due to miserliness in negotiating, which isn't true. Or he has the confidence in his own ability to think he will make the breakthrough at Chelsea: players there make it if they are good enough, and he probably thinks he is.

To be fair on myself it probably is true. If we can't convince a player that playing regular for a team that really wants him is a better option then Chelsea reserves/feeder teams then that is poor negotiating whichever way you look at it. If Chelsea thought he was good enough then why would they loan him out to Vitesse as soon as they sign him? Surely if they thought that highly of him he would go straight into their first team squad. Chelsea are disrepecting the player without him knowing it. It's a shame really because I genuinely believe we were his best option. If we get relegated he could've left us at the end of the season knowing he did his best to showcase his ability in the most watched football league on the planet.

To be fair on myself it probably is true. If we can't convince a player that playing regular for a team that really wants him is a better option then Chelsea reserves/feeder teams then that is poor negotiating whichever way you look at it. If Chelsea thought he was good enough then why would they loan him out to Vitesse as soon as they sign him? Surely if they thought that highly of him he would go straight into their first team squad. Chelsea are disrepecting the player without him knowing it. It's a shame really because I genuinely believe we were his best option. If we get relegated he could've left us at the end of the season knowing he did his best to showcase his ability in the most watched football league on the planet.

You think we're his best option because you're biased. We may be a better option for the next 5 months, but at 23 he's got an entire career to think about, and if he thinks he's good enough to push on and get into the Chelsea side next season, then Chelsea are the better option for him. Unless he wants regular premiership football now and has bought into Nigel's vision, then there's not much we can say that will convince him that we're a better option than Chelsea.

Hi, me again :xmasbiggrin:

Let me update you about Kramaric. The only person that has the right info about him is Korado Vujnovic, a reporter from the local radio station, Radio Rijeka. He is practically the clubs spokesperson. He is the one who is contact with our club and has all the right info. Dalje, jutarnji and a few other web sites that I've seen that you are qouting are all tabloids. Kramaric is a big story here and and a lot is being written about him. The only relevant info is found here http://radio.hrt.hr/radio-rijeka/clanak/na-kantridi-odbili-ponudu-chelsea/79654/

The only offer that the club, Rijeka, has accepted was your offer of 10 000 000€ (£7 800 000). His father rejected a move to LC as you are battling relegation. The connection between our club and your club was an UEFA licenced agent, Predrag Racki. The one that gave an interview that you cited saying that it would be better for Kramaric to go to LC then to Chelsea :)

Chelsea's offer was rejected by our club. The official offer was 5 000 000€ (£3 900 000) up front, and further 2 000 000€ (£1 500 000) if he played a certain number of matches for Chelsea. There was talk of his loan to Vitesse or wherever, but as we rejected the offer all this talk is irrelevant. Apparently we haven't fully broken down the talks with Chelsea.

There was talk over here that you guys even offered 12 000 000€ (£9 300 000) and a relegation clause for him if you drop down a league but that wasn't confirmed.

He would be shite anyway. The league he has been playing in is worse than the championship

Hmmmm.... He played European League, scored a number of goals in th EL. We lost 1-0 to Sevilla, the current cup holders in the last group match which was the decider. If we had won it we would have proceeded through.

The league isn't the best one around but there are a number of clubs that are could play the Premier league.

And his current clubs stadium capacity is 10,000. Says it all.

Look how amazing jelavic was at rangers but shite in England.

Well, the city itself has 130 000 inhabitants, max. 200 000 with the surrounding towns. The county has barely 4 500 000. There isn't really a need for a much bigger stadium, but we are in a process of building a slightly larger one (14 000).

Well he plays for a small club in an awful league. It just proves the level hes been playing at

This same league "gave" Modrić, Mandzukic, Kranjcar... They all started here in this "awful" league. Mandzukic's domestic scoring record was even somewhat poorer then Kramaric's.

Hi, me again :xmasbiggrin:

Let me update you about Kramaric. The only person that has the right info about him is Korado Vujnovic, a reporter from the local radio station, Radio Rijeka. He is practically the clubs spokesperson. He is the one who is contact with our club and has all the right info. Dalje, jutarnji and a few other web sites that I've seen that you are qouting are all tabloids. Kramaric is a big story here and and a lot is being written about him. The only relevant info is found here http://radio.hrt.hr/radio-rijeka/clanak/na-kantridi-odbili-ponudu-chelsea/79654/

The only offer that the club, Rijeka, has accepted was your offer of 10 000 000€ (£7 800 000). His father who is also his agent turned down your offer. The connection between our club and your club was an UEFA licenced agent, Predrag Racki. The one that gave an interview that you cited saying that it would be better for Kramaric to go to LC then to Chelsea :)

Chelsea's offer was rejected by our club. The official offer was 5 000 000€ (£3 900 000) up front, and further 2 000 000€ (£1 500 000) if he played a certain number of matches for Chelsea. There was talk of his loan to Vitesse or wherever, but as we rejected the offer all this talk is irrelevant. Apparently we haven't fully broken down the the talks with Chelsea.

There was talk over here that you guys even offered 12 000 000€ (£9 300 000) and a relegation clause for him if you drop down a league but that wasn't confirmed.

Interesting - so is any deal for us dead in the water then?

Interesting - so is any deal for us dead in the water then?

The kid's father is an idiot. That's official :)  He thinks that the kid's Messi already. And he isn't. He's got a long way to go still. For example, Mandzukic had a good introduction to a stronger league. A smaller club (Wolfsburg) from which he was transfered to Bayern. Kramaric's father thinks that Kramaric is Chelsea material now. My opinion is that the ideal move for him would be a mid-table club in Spain or Germany wehe there wouldn't be too much pressure on him. Also the leagues are less physical  then PL or Serie A.

I can understand that he doesn't want his kid to go to LC as you are rock bottom, but if there was a relegation clause that you guys are a good option for him. Better then what Chelsea are giving him. You offer is better financially as well.

My opinion is that you best shot is if Chelsea buys him and loans him to you. I can't see Joza (the father/agent) accepting your offer.

Btw. most people see him as a center forward, but his best games for us came when he was playing second striker or attacking midfielder behind a strong target man. He moves well between lines, has a nice shot from a distance, but isn't physically the strongest player.

The kid's father is an idiot. That's official :) He thinks that the kid's Messi already. And he isn't. He's got a long way to go still. For example, Mandzukic had a good introduction to a stronger league. A smaller club (Wolfsburg) form which he was transfered to Bayern. Kramaric's father thinks that Kramaric is Chelsea material now.

I can understand that he doesn't want his kid to go to LC as you are rock bottom, but if there was a relegation clause that you guys are a good option for him. Better then what Chelsea are giving him. You offer is better financially as well.

My opinion is that you best shot is if Chelsea buys him and loans him to you. I can't see Joza (the father/agent) accepting your offer.

Btw. most people see him as a centre forward, but his best games for us came when he was playing second striker or attacking midfielder behind a strong target man. He moves well between lines, has a nice shot from a distance, but isn't physically the strongest player.

Him going to Chelsea is a load of tripe then......I'll fetch my coat.

The father needs to realise for his own son's benefit that a move to Chelsea is the unwise decision for Andrej's development. Seems like money does the louder talking for the father which isn't in the least bit surprising. 

If tripe is to be believed, and I see no reason not to as the information seems genuine, then it still sounds promising although Chelsea of course have the ability to better our offer with the click of their fingers. 

And it sounds like he can play the Nugent role for us - being the link between midfield and attack.

You think we're his best option because you're biased. We may be a better option for the next 5 months, but at 23 he's got an entire career to think about, and if he thinks he's good enough to push on and get into the Chelsea side next season, then Chelsea are the better option for him. Unless he wants regular premiership football now and has bought into Nigel's vision, then there's not much we can say that will convince him that we're a better option than Chelsea.

It appears you are probably the only person on this forum that thinks Chelsea are his best option and not because we are all biased. Even this tripe fella says we are his best option and he writes as if he is a Rijeka fan himself. You have even said yourself that we are his best option for the rest of this season so your contradicting yourself there pal. What if we stay up? We aren't down yet, this season promises a few more twists and turns yet. From what I've read it's his father we can't convince not the player and judging by that I'd say the player in question needs to grow up and think for himself. Like I said before it would be more appealing to most to have at least half a season playing in the most watched league in the world then to be shipped out for three or four years to a Mickey mouse league like the one in Holland where bar two or three teams is league one quality at best. The lad has more to gain spending half a season with us then going to Chelsea where he will probably never end up playing at Stamford Bridge, at least if he proves he is good enough and we get relegated he has a clause which would most certainly be activated should he perform well. The fact that this doesn't appeal to him suggests to me that he doubts his own ability to perform within our squad or in this league. And if we don't get relegated he will look back on his choice to join us as a masterstroke. If he joins Leicester he will be stepping up in terms of the quality of players he is playing with and against, if he joins Chelsea and gets shipped out to Vitesse he is probably stepping sideways or taking a step back in terms of the quality he is playing with and against.

The father has the wrong mindset. Imagine if he single handedly saved Leicester from relegation by banging in 20 goals. What an advert that would be! 

Absolutely.

The road from scoring 15-20 goals in five months of a Premier League battle to a top English club is short, the road from a midtable Dutch club to a good Bundesliga, La Liga or Premier League club is very much longer.

The thing is that the Premier League has the potential to turn club's fortunes around very quickly.

If you'd gone back 15 years and told fans of clubs like Hull, Swansea and Stoke that they would be playing in Europe with multi-million pound players in front of sellout crowds, they'd have laughed at you. 

Who's to say that with a decent run of form and a cup run that we couldn't have a similarly successful season within the next couple of years? He'd go from a low profile league, albeit one that has produced quality players over the years, to playing for a well-funded, successful club in the Premier League. 

It's a brave man who turns down a PL club lower down the league in favour of a shot at a Champions League club, and it all too often ends in tears. Imagine if players like Bony had knocked back Swansea in favour of a seat on the bench at Chelsea, he'd probably be back in Holland now with his tail between his legs. 

The kid's father is an idiot. That's official :) He thinks that the kid's Messi already. And he isn't. He's got a long way to go still. For example, Mandzukic had a good introduction to a stronger league. A smaller club (Wolfsburg) from which he was transfered to Bayern. Kramaric's father thinks that Kramaric is Chelsea material now. My opinion is that the ideal move for him would be a mid-table club in Spain or Germany wehe there wouldn't be too much pressure on him. Also the leagues are less physical then PL or Serie A.

Btw. most people see him as a center forward, but his best games for us came when he was playing second striker or attacking midfielder behind a strong target man. He moves well between lines, has a nice shot from a distance, but isn't physically the strongest player.

Really appreciate the info you are providing, you seem to know your footy. Ignore the idiots on here! Thanks again

The father needs to realise for his own son's benefit that a move to Chelsea is the unwise decision for Andrej's development. Seems like money does the louder talking for the father which isn't in the least bit surprising. 

If tripe is to be believed, and I see no reason not to as the information seems genuine, then it still sounds promising although Chelsea of course have the ability to better our offer with the click of their fingers. 

And it sounds like he can play the Nugent role for us - being the link between midfield and attack.

Yip, it's his father who needs convincing that a loan to Vitesse is a step back. Someone needs to show him how many Chelsea player returned from loans to play an important role for them (Courtois only). As I said, the biggest problem is that he believes that Andrej can play first team football for Chelsea now. I personally believe that he has potential to do so, but needs a stepping stone first.

Money isn't a problem for you at this stage. You are giving us as a club and Andrej as a player through his wages, more then Chelsea. What I don't know is if Chelsea are giving Joza some extra cash as an agent fee. They like to do business that way.

Your plus is that Chelsea are trying to close the deal by using their authority and it's not working as they planned.

It appears you are probably the only person on this forum that thinks Chelsea are his best option and not because we are all biased. Even this tripe fella says we are his best option and he writes as if he is a Rijeka fan himself. You have even said yourself that we are his best option for the rest of this season so your contradicting yourself there pal. What if we stay up? We aren't down yet, this season promises a few more twists and turns yet. From what I've read it's his father we can't convince not the player and judging by that I'd say the player in question needs to grow up and think for himself. Like I said before it would be more appealing to most to have at least half a season playing in the most watched league in the world then to be shipped out for three or four years to a Mickey mouse league like the one in Holland where bar two or three teams is league one quality at best. The lad has more to gain spending half a season with us then going to Chelsea where he will probably never end up playing at Stamford Bridge, at least if he proves he is good enough and we get relegated he has a clause which would most certainly be activated should he perform well. The fact that this doesn't appeal to him suggests to me that he doubts his own ability to perform within our squad or in this league. And if we don't get relegated he will look back on his choice to join us as a masterstroke. If he joins Leicester he will be stepping up in terms of the quality of players he is playing with and against, if he joins Chelsea and gets shipped out to Vitesse he is probably stepping sideways or taking a step back in terms of the quality he is playing with and against.

:cheers:

There is only another thing that needs to be mentioned. We don't need the money badly. We're quite well off financially within our own boundries. He's got a deal until the summer od 2017. Of course, he would like to go and we wouldn't mind selling him (cca. 10 000 000€ is our yearly budget), but the transfer window is open until the end of January. Until then other clubs can join in.

Metaphorically speaking, it's sort of the equivalent of this guy being Charlton Athletic's star striker with world class potential and he is wanted by Chelsea and Leicester. Leicester want him as their main man and Chelsea want him to join as a potential future prospect but are going to loan him out to MK Dons for the rest of the season. As most of us understand the English game excellently this would be viewed as absurd so why isn't the reality of this deal viewed in the same way? For those seeking clarification on this comment, Rijeka are Charlton and MK Dons are Vitesse, as the size of these club's are similar in comparison to one another.

Long term, if he's good enough then Chelsea is a far better option - there's no denying that, but short term, first team football is important so his development doesn't stall. At no point did I contradict myself. 

To go back to what I was originally saying - to say if we miss out on him it's due to miserliness on our part when negotiating, when financially we will never compete with Chelsea, is stupidity taken to the extreme.

Long term, if he's good enough then Chelsea is a far better option - there's no denying that, but short term, first team football is important so his development doesn't stall. At no point did I contradict myself.

To go back to what I was originally saying - to say if we miss out on him it's due to miserliness on our part when negotiating, when financially we will never compete with Chelsea, is stupidity taken to the extreme.

Not stupidity at all. A first team player in our squad is surely on more per week then a Chelsea youth prospect no? I know that they have the resources to pay a youth player more then the 40 grand a week or so that being a Leicester first team player would pay but that would be the real stupidity wouldn't it surely? If a Chelsea youth player can out-earn one of our first team players then I have truly lost all faith in the sport, well if that were the case then it should no longer be called a sport.

Archived