Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

City table £7.9m bid for Croatian striker Kramaric

Metaphorically speaking, it's sort of the equivalent of this guy being Charlton Athletic's star striker with world class potential and he is wanted by Chelsea and Leicester. Leicester want him as their main man and Chelsea want him to join as a potential future prospect but are going to loan him out to MK Dons for the rest of the season. As most of us understand the English game excellently this would be viewed as absurd so why isn't the reality of this deal viewed in the same way? For those seeking clarification on this comment, Rijeka are Charlton and MK Dons are Vitesse, as the size of these club's are similar in comparison to one another.

This, more or less, puts it pretty well.

Yip, it's his father who needs convincing that a loan to Vitesse is a step back. Someone needs to show him how many Chelsea player returned from loans to play an important role for them (Courtois only). As I said, the biggest problem is that he believes that Andrej can play first team football for Chelsea now. I personally believe that he has potential to do so, but needs a stepping stone first.

Money isn't a problem for you at this stage. You are giving us as a club and Andrej as a player through his wages, more then Chelsea. What I don't know is if Chelsea are giving Joza some extra cash as an agent fee. They like to do business that way.

Your plus is that Chelsea are trying to close the deal by using their authority and it's not working as they planned.

:cheers:

There is only another thing that needs to be mentioned. We don't need the money badly. We're quite well off financially within our own boundries. He's got a deal until the summer od 2017. Of course, he would like to go and we wouldn't mind selling him (cca. 10 000 000€ is our yearly budget), but the transfer window is open until the end of January. Until then other clubs can join in.

So what do you think the outcome will be?

I am hoping by mid January , if Chelsea do not increase their offer substantially, we might of won a couple more games and we will not look such a bad proposition for him to join...

So what do you think the outcome will be?

I am hoping by mid January , if Chelsea do not increase their offer substantially, we might of won a couple more games and we will not look such a bad proposition for him to join...

Nobody knows. It's still early days. Rijeka chairman said that we won't sell him if he doesn't go by the New Year. Personally, I don't buy this.

It's you and them now but who know if someone else will bid.

But, if Chelsea bids over 9 000 000€ (without any clauses), he's theirs. We'll accept and so will Joza. Then you can try to loan him if you are still interested.

Happy new year guys. Time to start drinking harder.  :xmaswink:

EDIT:  Your chance is if somebody (Racki) manages to convince Joza that LC is a good option. Of course, the relegation clause implies. We've already accepted your offer.

Nobody knows. It's still early days. Rijeka chairman said that we won't sell him if he doesn't go by the New Year. Personally, I don't buy this.

It's you and them now but who know if someone else will bid.

But, if Chelsea bids over 9 000 000€ (without any clauses), he's theirs. We'll accept and so will Joza.

Happy new yera guy. Time to start drinking harder. :xmaswink:

You've proven yourself to be a most useful mammal. Happy new year mate!

Not stupidity at all. A first team player in our squad is surely on more per week then a Chelsea youth prospect no? I know that they have the resources to pay a youth player more then the 40 grand a week or so that being a Leicester first team player would pay but that would be the real stupidity wouldn't it surely? If a Chelsea youth player can out-earn one of our first team players then I have truly lost all faith in the sport, well if that were the case then it should no longer be called a sport.

He wouldn't be just a youth player though, they'd be signing him for the future but if they want him, we can't complete financially - that much is obvious.

He wouldn't be just a youth player though, they'd be signing him for the future but if they want him, we can't complete financially - that much is obvious.

If Chelsea want the player as a first choice squad player then I would no doubt be inclined to agree with you but he isn't wanted to be a first choice player, he isn't even wanted to be a part of their squad therefore I refuse to believe we couldn't compete with them in terms of wages offered, tripe has even mentioned that we have already outbid them for the player. If they want him as much as we clearly do then sure they will get him no question but I really doubt they want him as much as we do.

If Chelsea want the player as a first choice squad player then I would no doubt be inclined to agree with you but he isn't wanted to be a first choice player, he isn't even wanted to be a part of their squad therefore I refuse to believe we couldn't compete with them in terms of wages offered, tripe has even mentioned that we have already outbid them for the player. If they want him as much as we clearly do then sure they will get him no question but I really doubt they want him as much as we do.

How rich do you think we are? Financially we cannot compete with Chelsea - no buts about it

Makes you howl when all we have is tabloid speculation and a bit of supposed inside info from tripe and some are saying fvck him, w@nker, cvnt, etc. If he did end up coming here, those same people would be saying welcome Andrej you are our saviour.

How rich do you think we are? Financially we cannot compete with Chelsea - no buts about it

I reckon we have enough cash to compete in this league and if we haven't the owners should be more careful when they are throwing around numbers like £180m because it creates a false sense of optimism. I am well aware that we cannot compete financially with Chelsea but we aren't talking about a Diego Costa type signing here, we are talking about someone who would be for their future or alternatively for our present.

I reckon we have enough cash to compete in this league and if we haven't the owners should be more careful when they are throwing around numbers like £180m because it creates a false sense of optimism. I am well aware that we cannot compete financially with Chelsea but we aren't talking about a Diego Costa type signing here, we are talking about someone who would be for their future or alternatively for our present.

With this league in the main - yes, with Chelsea no.

They didn't - 180m was an off the cuff, we'll spend as much as it takes.

I think the untranslated quote from the owners was if we can stay in the premiership for 3 years they will put the money from tv rights back into the club, Which is 60 million a year, or 180 million over 3 years. Happy New year.

To be honest I think little of the comment.

But lets be honest they should never have made it.

Whatever they ment the signal is we have money to spend that will increase prices and wage demands.

This week in this thread an agent suggests we could spend 40m and some on here think we are going to spend 40m.

If they read what he said it means nothing he could have said 200m ffs this place would have gone mad if he had.

It is new year lol

Makes you howl when all we have is tabloid speculation and a bit of supposed inside info from tripe and some are saying fvck him, w@nker, cvnt, etc. If he did end up coming here, those same people would be saying welcome Andrej you are our saviour.

Yep. If it's not Messi or Ronaldo then it's not good enough.

What a bloody fool he's seen the big city lights of London and the Chelsea shirt and success he'll be sent to holland and then keep being loaned out !

He probably won't play in the premier league for ages or he will be one of those forgotten youngsters, BUT if he would have come to us he would be playing regular premier league football !!

Some agents need a kick up the arse giving these young lads crap advice just to get a huge wedge in their pocket !!

Unfortunately we've missed out on a little gem there !

What a bloody fool he's seen the big city lights of London and the Chelsea shirt and success he'll be sent to holland and then keep being loaned out !

He probably won't play in the premier league for ages or he will be one of those forgotten youngsters, BUT if he would have come to us he would be playing regular premier league football !!

Some agents need a kick up the arse giving these young lads crap advice just to get a huge wedge in their pocket !!

Unfortunately we've missed out on a little gem there !

Worse for him, he is 24 in June so its not like he is a real youngster where a few years on loan could help him break into the team.

At the end of the day this guy is probably gonna make his own bed and it's not gonna be good.

A team like Chelsea isn't going to give someone a chance to find there feet in the first team they buy players like Costa who hit the ground running from the go.

Doing well on loan at Leicester scoring quite a few in a relagation battle would of proved this?!

Silly man and father hope he waste away in Holland.

What a surprise chelsea trying to buy another striker to stop a lower smaller prem team from signing them!

Its not like they need another striker! They on about loaning him straight out to a different foreign team!

Its wrong! Once again a big team that has money is trying to ruin the career of a young player to stop them playing well and improving another team!

It seems like the only person who doesn't want him to join Leicester is his dad. Wake up and smell the coffee Andrej we would appreciate you more then any other club in the world. We have your best interests at heart here. We could help turn you into a footballing legend and I don't care if we would be used as a stepping stone, coming to Leicester is what is best for your career. Not that we need you anyway David Nugent is on fire!

Generous.

It's been repeated enough times now that the £180m figure should not be taken seriously. Annoying that it's still being used as a stick to bash the club with.

Yeah but don't let that get in the way of slagging the owners/Pearson off.

We're a nation of headline readers and football fans are the absolute worst out of everyone for it. Racki says something about "what if they spend £40mil in the next window and propel themselves out of the bottom three", meanwhile, John Percy, a well respected journalist with an excellent track record regarding LCFC says that we're aiming to spend six million and guess which figure some fans go with lol

Generous.

Yeah but don't let that get in the way of slagging the owners/Pearson off.

We're a nation of headline readers and football fans are the absolute worst out of everyone for it. Racki says something about "what if they spend £40mil in the next window and propel themselves out of the bottom three", meanwhile, John Percy, a well respected journalist with an excellent track record regarding LCFC says that we're aiming to spend six million and guess which figure some fans go with lol

He may have a good record but the 6m seems wrong.

The title of this thread says we have bid 7.9m on one player.

So he seems way wide of the mark with that.

Lets be honest if we only have 6m to spend we would be better off saving it.

Archived