Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

City table £7.9m bid for Croatian striker Kramaric

If he joins us, I hope he doesn't struggle with a price tag of £9m on his head. To be honest, I'm not as excited by this kid as others on here, he's playing in a rather poor league at the moment, no offence tripe, but if he bangs in a few and looks the business then I'll happily admit I was wrong. :)

If he joins us, I hope he doesn't struggle with a price tag of £9m on his head. To be honest, I'm not as excited by this kid as others on here, he's playing in a rather poor league at the moment, no offence tripe, but if he bangs in a few and looks the business then I'll happily admit I'm a fool. :)

Yeah it is a poor league but he has played Europa league and scored goals this season, that's is still a very good level. All be it not champs league tho!

Our scouting system has proved top notch in the past and I'm sure more was looked into then his goal to game ratio! I'm pretty certain we have saw a lot more in him!

Yeah it is a poor league but he has played Europa league and scored goals this season, that's is still a very good level. All be it not champs league tho!

Our scouting system has proved top notch in the past and I'm sure more was looked into then his goal to game ratio! I'm pretty certain we have saw a lot more in him!

Agreed about his Europa League performances, they give me confidence. Also, he's clearly got a lot more to his game, pace, decent finisher and his movement/anticipation looks good too. Let's see how he does. I hope it all works out for him and us!

If so, this is win win for us.

According to another Journo, he's with us for as long as Chelsea desire, if he's a success they will take him (whether there's a fee involved or not he doesn't know), if he's shite, he stays with us lol Sounds like a Co-ownership deal, common in Serie A.

I'm not keen on him leaving, I'd love for him to stay but the reality is a bit different. Let me try to explain.

Currently we are lying second on the league table. Seven points behind Dinamo Zagreb and ten points ahead of Hajduk Split. We lost the last game before the winter break away in Zagreb against Dinamo. If we had won it, we could have made it -1 but didn't. To make things worse, Kramaric missed a sitter early in the game while it was still 0-0. Seven points is practically impossible to reach knowing the affairs in Croatian football. Dinamo's got the FA on their side, the refs... A long story of Croatian football which basically comes down to Zdravko Mamic running Dinamo and the FA. We've lost all chance of taking the title, Hajduk have no chance of challenging us for the second place. We got kicked out of Europe. The only competition that we've got a chance in is the Cup where we are the current holders.

The last two or three weeks of the first part of the season when the transfer talk about Kramaric began he started missing what he usually scored without a problem. His head wasn't in it. If this transfer doesn't go through we can expect more of the same after the winter break. Also, at the moment he is playing (or was playing) the football of his career. His price is at a maximum that we can get for him. And that sum is higher then our yearly budget.

We are a club with a yearly budget of 7 000 000 - 9 000 000€ (£5,5 - 7, the difference being if we qualify for the Europa League or not). The highest salaries are under 200 000€/year (£150 000/year), most of the players are getting much much less. Under 100 000€ (£80 000). He is one of the higher earners, but can, with all the bonuses, take home a maximum of 200 000€/year (£150 000/year). And on that sum the taxes "eat up" around half of it. You are offering him almost ten times the amount. From that point of view I can understand him. It's all, unfortunately, about the money in the end.

I would love for him to stay, but it would be better for us in this moment to sell him to the highest bidder and buy a new striker. In the spring half of the season the new striker can acclimatise to our club and we can enter the new season with a squad that has spent some time together. Our team is quite dependent on Kramaric so we'll need to change something in the style we play. The more time the new player or players have, the better.

If you compare your club and Chelsea, Kramaric can prosper more with you. The story of Chelsea and players on loan is well known. I'd rather see him succeed then flop. He'll get a much bigger chance at Leicester and more credit. That's why I'd rather see him at LC. Of course, the fact that you are offering a whole lot more money then they are is the primary reason. :)

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks for clearing that up mate.

The Mirror article suggests it works because the feeder club cannot afford the player where as with Kramaric we seemingly can. So not sure how it benefits us.

I'm also not that keen for us to be helping out the likes of Chelsea.

The Mirror article suggests it works because the feeder club cannot afford the player where as with Kramaric we seemingly can. So not sure how it benefits us.

I'm also not that keen for us to be helping out the likes of Chelsea.

we scratch their back they scratch ours, we apparently have a good relationship with them a it is, so maybe even more in the future

If so, this is win win for us.

Depends on the amount really, if it's for what we paid for him then we are carrying all the risk. If he's good Chelsea buy him, if he's not they don't and we're left with an expensive flop. Devil will be in the detail.

The fact chelsea are squabbling over a few million suggests his wages will be high there. I get the impression chelsea will be paying him a lot more wages than we would

I think 20k a week was mentioned somewhere.

Maybe part of the deal for Chelsea to release Schwarzer was that they had 1st refusal should we decide to sell kramaric

Sounds like a shit deal. :D

The fact chelsea are squabbling over a few million suggests his wages will be high there. I get the impression chelsea will be paying him a lot more wages than we would

Going by what tripe said we were/are offering him more money as well as paying a bigger transfer fee

Not a bad thing to have a good relationaship with Chelsea when it comes to loans down the road.

As long as they can't take him back off us for peanuts it seems a decent deal. Hopefully it will become clearer in the next few days, but knowning these things, probably not.

Archived