Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

City table £7.9m bid for Croatian striker Kramaric

I have a feeling there's something slightly dodgy about this deal. I get the impression that we are signing him permanently. But then have an agreement with chelsea to sell him to them in the summer for the same price we are paying. Is there a limit on how many players you can have on loan? Maybe we have other loans lined up. Is schwarzer on loan? I don't know. But it sounds to me like it's to bypass something

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/550284/Andrej-Kramaric-Chelsea-Leicester?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Andrej Kramaric SNUBS Chelsea to complete £9.5m move Leicester on five-year deal

RIJEKA forward is on his way to England to finalise a move to Leicester, despite interest from Premier League leaders Chelsea.

Published: 13:43, Mon, Jan 5, 2015 By: DAVID WRIGHT

Andrej Kramaric, Chelsea, Leicester

GETTY

Andrej Kramaric is set to complete a move to Leicester City

A Rijeka-based radio station are confident the 23-year-old has agreed a five-year deal with the Foxes, costing £9.5m.

The Croatian hitman has sceptical about joining Nigel Pearson's side due to their position at the foot of the table, but has been assured he will be sold should the club lose their top-flight status in the summer.

The report states: "Andrej Kramaric has travelled to London with his father and agent Joza Kramaric along with Rijeka's Managing Director Ivan Mance, where he will have the last round of negotiations with Leicester City.

"If nothing changes until tonight or early tomorrow, Kramaric should sign a five-year contract, with a transfer fee of €12m (£9.5m) to be paid to Rijeka.

"That offer was sent two weeks ago but was refused by Kramaric as he wanted to sign for a stronger side than Leicester.

"After a couple of meetings with Rijeka's Chairman Damir Miskovic, Kramaric has obviously changed his mind and agreed to Leicester City's offer.

"Reports state his salary will be close to €1.5m (£1.15m) per season and unofficial stories also say Leicester City will be prepared to sell him in the summer window should they get relegated from the Premier League."

I have a feeling there's something slightly dodgy about this deal. I get the impression that we are signing him permanently. But then have an agreement with chelsea to sell him to them in the summer for the same price we are paying. Is there a limit on how many players you can have on loan? Maybe we have other loans lined up. Is schwarzer on loan? I don't know. But it sounds to me like it's to bypass something[/quote

Agreed I've contacted the appropriate authorities already.

So Kramaric to Chelsea then us on loan?

no not chelsea , leicester are buying him , the only thing chelsea has got is first refusal and maybe relegation release clause, meaning if we were to sell him, and Man Utd put in 30 mill we go to chelsea and see if they want to buy him for same price

no not chelsea , leicester are buying him , the only thing chelsea has got is first refusal and maybe relegation release clause, meaning if we were to sell him, and Man Utd put in 30 mill we go to chelsea and see if they want to buy him for same price

I don't see how Chelsea can put clause into the deal when they aren't the guys club

I don't see how Chelsea can put clause into the deal when they aren't the guys club

Exactly. And if he has agreed to join chelsea if we are to get relegated then whats in it for him for us to stay up? I think he's joining chelsea whatever happens in the summer. Its to bypass a rule

Who knows mate. Looks like they won't pay anywhere near £9.5 million so it's permanent to us with Chelsea getting first refusal.

Fair play, I imagine that agreement is more to please the player than Chelsea then. Works out well for them as well if he turns out to be class.

I bet they only reason this was delayed was because they were worried they'd have to deal with Terry Robinson again! haha

yea me neither they may not have im just trying to piece it all together , I know it's Deffo not a loan from Chelsea and he will be 100% leicester player , if we get relegated e will have a relegation release clause

Interesting. Seems a similar thing happened when lazor markovic moved from belgrade to benfica.

'Liverpool were thought to be lining up a £25m bid for Markovic despite also closing in on Southampton's Adam Lallana.

And while that move could still happen, it seems that Chelsea have the potential to put a rather significant fly in the ointment.

Reports in Portugal suggest that Chelsea have the right to buy Markovic for just £12m in a deal negotiated when the Serbian moved to Portugal from Partizan Belgrade at the start of last season.

Indeed, there has been a large degree of uncertainty about Chelsea's role in that move'

Oh dear God I have patients to treat.... This needs to hurry up and be confirmed....

As an aside i wonder if we upped our bid to blast chelsea's offer out of the water? besides even if chelsea have a first refusal he has to WANT to join them... we at least have the option of taking himm down the Midland on Saffron Lane to let him get a pick of the ladies there....

Or maybe Nige got to meet him. Or the Thais and they sent him a 'special friend' to hang out with .   Either way it seems like his mind has been swayed. Maybe he read the tinder thread aaaaand i need to get back to my patients...

From the Goal.com transfer feed:

Chelsea looked set to sign Andrej Kramaric from Rijeka but the striker’s father/agent has told Goal Croatia’s Hrvoje Tironi that he is set to undergo a medical with Leicester on Tuesday. There will be a relegation release clause in his contract.

Josip Kramaric told Goal: "Unfortunately, we couldn't agree on one term with Chelsea, and that was the guarantee that Andrej would return to Chelsea at the end of the season. No one in Chelsea could guarantee us that, and that was our priority."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/01/05/7681512/leicester-swoop-to-hijack-chelseas-kramaric-move?ICID=HP_BN_1

Archived