Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Disabling wifi on tablet

I want a gaming device that doesn't have wifi for a child but can't find one. In the absence of such I thought it would be possible to get an app or something to disable wifi but it seems that said child only needs to uninstall it and hey presto.

Anyone got any ideas ?? Cheers :fc:

If it is only going to be used in the home can't you block the tablets Mac on the router or join the network and set a rule so that it never has internet access?

Just seen your second post so ignore my comments

What sort of tablet are you thinking. You can just turn the wifi off in the settings on an Ipad. I would have thought also that you can put a parental control that means you having to put a password in in order to access the settings so child cant turn it back on.

I want a gaming device that doesn't have wifi for a child but can't find one. In the absence of such I thought it would be possible to get an app or something to disable wifi but it seems that said child only needs to uninstall it and hey presto.

Anyone got any ideas ?? Cheers :fc:

iPad has parental controls and I assume other tablets do. I'm not sure about blocking wifi but if you managed to find an app that did what you're after you could stop your child from deleting it. You can also do controls for installing apps and in-app purchases, and block use of Safari, so you might be able to do everything you're after without having to block the whole wifi.

ios7_enable_restrictions.png

http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201304

Archived