Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hull Post Match Thread 0 - 1

I think the defence are being judged harshly. For 75 minutes they limited Hull to virtually nothing despite the ball coming their way far more often than usual. It was only the last 15 when they looked poor and started making mistakes. Well played, Morgan, Wasilewski and Simpson. Did a great job for us today.

Done everything that could have been asked of him so far! I was worried after his pre season games and his shaky first half at Stoke, but he looks fairly secure and isn't afraid to come off his line to catch.

He did well today, he cost us a point against Spurs though.

Done everything that could have been asked of him so far! I was worried after his pre season games and his shaky first half at Stoke, but he looks fairly secure and isn't afraid to come off his line to catch.

One particular thing he did was come out about 12-14 yards and punch away a long ball into our box. It must be great having that kind of security behind you.

He did well today, he cost us a point against Spurs though.

I'm undecided on that one. For me it's not as clear cut as Kaspers against Burnley as the wall was in the right position it just failed miserably to do it's job. I think it's harsh to pin that all on him. I think it's especially harsh to say we didn't get a point because of him. We didn't get a point for a dozen reasons, from players not taking chances, to bad decisions etc.

I'm undecided on that one. For me it's not as clear cut as Kaspers against Burnley as the wall was in the right position it just failed miserably to do it's job. I think it's harsh to pin that all on him. I think it's especially harsh to say we didn't get a point because of him. We didn't get a point for a dozen reasons, from players not taking chances, to bad decisions etc.

He should of done better. To be honest Kane's and Carrols goals may have been stopped by Kasper as well due to him being very efficient off his line. No doubt we'd of conceaded from a set piece had he played though.

For me I think a top keeper would be a good investment but I'm probably in a minority. Hamer will get plaudits today no doubt at they had a lot of chances but most of them went wide and even his best save at his near post was a save you'd expect any keeper in the top two levels to be making.

Lets not blow this win out of proportion. Yes it is great that we have ground out a win and got 3 points after such a horrific run, but ultimately we were average against an appalling Hull squad. Any decent team would have beaten us.

I guess Newcastle probably said the same when they beat us...

He should of done better. To be honest Kane's and Carrols goals may have been stopped by Kasper as well due to him being very efficient off his line. No doubt we'd of conceaded from a set piece had he played though.

For me I think a top keeper would be a good investment but I'm probably in a minority. Hamer will get plaudits today no doubt at they had a lot of chances but most of them went wide and even his best save at his near post was a save you'd expect any keeper in the top two levels to be making.

I'm certainly not going to big him up, but he's been steady and I no longer feel we're going to concede from every cross!

I agree with you about a keeper (a few other positions ahead of that at the minute first though) most of the games I've watched recently teams have been saved by having a top class keeper.

I'm certainly not going to big him up, but he's been steady and I no longer feel we're going to concede from every cross!

I agree with you about a keeper (a few other positions ahead of that at the minute first though) most of the games I've watched recently teams have been saved by having a top class keeper.

I guess that's the crux of it.

From the Hull Forum:

Just get rid of Bruce, as I have been saying since Burnley and will continue to do so until the Allams finally see sense.

What the **** was that team selection all about? Livermore at right back and no forwards in the starting eleven for ****s sake. I can understand a defensive formation away from home, but not at home against the bottom club where the onus has to be on City to attack.

Now 3 wins in 24.

Just **** off back to Geordieland you fat tosser.

Seems like another set of fans want to sack their manager....

The Standard of Goal Keeping from the Games we've played so far has been so high that our two are Championship at best. Although there's time for Hamer to improve a little more.

I think we can be sure that he's not a calamity anyway and it was great to see him come out to catch and punch instead of standing rigid on the goal line like Kasper. 

I think Ben Hamer is a better all round keeper than Kasper.

I agree, Kasper always worries me as he doesnt command his box for anything other than 1 on 1's, he is rooted to his line for any cross/freekick/corner and this I feel has cost us goals this season. Kasper is the better shot stopper, but Hamer instils more confidence for me, also two of three clean sheets this season have been with Hamer in goal...remember he has only played a few matches too).

From the Hull Forum:

Just get rid of Bruce, as I have been saying since Burnley and will continue to do so until the Allams finally see sense.

What the **** was that team selection all about? Livermore at right back and no forwards in the starting eleven for ****s sake. I can understand a defensive formation away from home, but not at home against the bottom club where the onus has to be on City to attack.

Now 3 wins in 24.

Just **** off back to Geordieland you fat tosser.

Seems like another set of fans want to sack their manager....

sizeist  twat..

Nice feeling to win a game again, but not getting to ahead of ourselfs, we were battered second half by a poor hull side.

The defence is still a major concern, and if hull's players had a bit about them it would have been 3-1 at least to hull.

We seriously need to get some confidence on the ball, instead of aimless lumps up field, which in turn, returns the ball to the opposition easly and invites more pressure.

All this said, let's hope this isn't a false dawn, and now we have the elusive win, we can push on, with the hopeful new additions, and start getting consistent results, and not return to the 2 in 36 points run since Man U.

Whilst I am not saying the second half was great, we did the natural thing at 1-0 up with twenty to go. Fans don't really acknowledge that players have this human reaction to situations. A single goal lead will always lead to a hairy few moments. Players get nervous and tired. It happens in every game with a single goal lead.

The balls cambiasso passed were class. His vision and interceptions are key.

If anyone thinks Drinkwater James or Mr missing and ****ing king is better than this you need your head examined.

This is the reason why pearson prefers to start cambiasso. He is a professional the rest are amateurs.

Could not agree more. He really does look a cut above, and even at his age.

Brilliant Result

Probably has saved Big Nige also

I'm not sure he was in any danger, of course things weren't/aren't going well (Let's see if we build on this, if we don't things still aren't going well) but he's tried everything and it's just not been happening, i'm not sure what else he or anyone could have done - despite the run being frustrating, it's been lack of quality and stupid mistakes on the pitch, out of NP's control really. Besides I think if there were any thoughts about getting rid they'd have done in a few games ago for 'free' (Gross misconduct or something along those lines) after the spat.

Anyway, I had a look at the odds, during the bad run he was 2nd fav to be sacked, into between 2's and 4's, after today he's drifted out to 5th fav @ 16's.

Archived