Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hull Post Match Thread 0 - 1

We did get battered but plenty of teams this season have gone somewhere and got battered and come away with something. Chelsea fans will forever be able to call themselves European champions but the fact remains that on the day they were 'battered' for 120 minutes. Mourinho did it with them last season to get 3 points at Man City. Snatch one, shut up shop & defend. 

We went away today, snatched one and shut up shop. If we stay up by a point or two, I won't give two shiny s#its whether we got battered.

Also, there's a dogs#it thread on here about the deficiencies of Wes Morgan, the guy was immense today. He's had a couple of dodgy moments - all the players have - but he stopped everything today.

Guest LCFC_World

Hopefully this result has kick started our season. 

Liverpool - Draw

Villa - WIN

Stoke - DRAW

Man utd - LOSE

If you could take these results now , would you? Or is 5 points from our next 4 games not enough? 

I think we need to draw 1 and win 2 out of these next 4 to have truly turned things around. 

Hopefully this result has kick started our season. 

Liverpool - Draw

Villa - WIN

Stoke - DRAW

Man utd - LOSE

If you could take these results now , would you? Or is 5 points from our next 4 games not enough? 

I think we need to draw 1 and win 2 out of these next 4 to have truly turned things around. 

I'd snap your hand off.

Pearson is still not speaking to Stringer.

All seems odd. RL could easily win back a piece of goodwill from the club by getting someone apart from Ian (ie Jason) to put the questions to NP. I'm guessing the BBC are adopting a "we won't be dictated to" attitude. I can kind of understand that but given the situation with Ian - the manager and all of the players refusing to speak to him, which does tell a story - I don't think they're ultimately helping themselves. They'll be mightily relieved if/when Pearson goes.

All seems odd. RL could easily win back a piece of goodwill from the club by getting someone apart from Ian (ie Jason) to put the questions to NP. I'm guessing the BBC are adopting a "we won't be dictated to" attitude. I can kind of understand that but given the situation with Ian - the manager and all of the players refusing to speak to him, which does tell a story - I don't think they're ultimately helping themselves. They'll be mightily relieved if/when Pearson goes.

It's bizzare how my hate for Stringer is now. He just irritates the hell out of me when I hear him post home games on the way home.

He is just a massive bum hole. Jason seems ok but neither of them should be let loose on national Radio.

Dumb and dumer.

Not nearly as encouraged as I was at the time. The other 9 times out of 10 we're losing that 5-1, and Hull were absolute dog muck.

Exact same here.

I think the first half we easily matched them without really creating a great deal. We never really looked under huge pressure although we did get away with that one from Elmohamady which was even worse on TV than I thought at the time.

The second half was pure fluke. Some of the most negative football I have ever seen from a Leicester side - on a few occasions the ball was literally kicked forward to no-one as we got ourselves back. I'd like to say we limited Hull to no real chances but we didn't. It was because of poor finishing rather than great defending that we kept a clean sheet.

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely delighted we won, so, so happy, but lets not pretend we haven't gotten bloody lucky here.

We went all out for the 0-1 and only just got it, but the key words are we got it.

I just hope it gives us a confidence boost that allows us to kick on.

I still firmly believe the defence needs sorting. Slowly thinking Wasilewski may just be our best defender.

It's clear that after the goal we hung on to dear life, I think the message of the day was score, and defend it. Hull aren't any better than us, so sitting on a 0-1 score line shouldn't have been a problem, you need victories like that sometimes, it tests your mental strength, hopefully we can pull a few more out of the bag.

The last half hour reminded me of some of our performances two seasons ago when we also had a bad run. There was a lot of deep defending, hoofball, and defensive crises. All that changed when we started winning again and the player's confidence picked up.

We needed that result desperately. It was horrible to watch near the end and my nerves were shredded but we got away with it and it must have a positive effect on the team. It's a long road from here but at least things are looking brighter.

They seemed to have become a bit unimportant now. Stringer was always there in the background when this forum discussed how a match went. Now he doesn't get mentioned at all. Pearson's completely marginalised him.

Now we have streams I don't think many of us listen anymore, I haven't heard him all season.

I could only watch the second half on a stream due to work, but I have to say we were insanely lucky, but you make your own luck, and we got the 3 points, so who cares how we played?! I'd take 10 more performances like that if we won 5 of those 10 games.

From what I saw (and I may get slated for saying this) Chris Wood did his job very well, in the last 10 minutes he was the only one who held up play and tried to relieve the pressure, and he (along with Nuge) was the one who instigated their red card, so I think that's another positive to take from yesterday. :scarf:

If we play like that against Liverpool, no doubt we will get thrashed, we cannot afford to give so many opportunities away to a prem quality team.

In previous games, we made errors and got punished. Yesterday, we made errors and didn't (some by luck - Livermore's effort against the post). In the last ten mins, we made collective defensive errors which, against a better side, would have cost us.

Hopefully, the nerves won't be so bad next time but given where we are in the table, don't bank on it.

In previous games, we made errors and got punished. Yesterday, we made errors and didn't (some by luck - Livermore's effort against the post). In the last ten mins, we made collective defensive errors which, against a better side, would have cost us.

Hopefully, the nerves won't be so bad next time but given where we are in the table, don't bank on it.

I think it was more tactical, In the first half we played a high line, after the goal the line just dropped, inviting pressure.  We were effective at this in a weaker champoinship, I don't believe we are good enough to do that in the prem

Just pleased we got a win at last.

We don't have to be good in this league to stay up, just slightly less poor than 3 other teams. The fact that we are now only 3 points from safety after such a terrible run of results gives some hope.

;)

Exactly. A point at Anfield and 3 points against Villa and I might just believe Pearson could keep us up after all given we have somehow managed to end up only 3 points away from 17th. This does depend on him signing some quality in January though having failed to do this in the Summer.

We have one thing in our favour - an excellent run-in for our last 10 games.

Archived