Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hull Post Match Thread 0 - 1

I think it was more tactical, In the first half we played a high line, after the goal the line just dropped, inviting pressure.  We were effective at this in a weaker champoinship, I don't believe we are good enough to do that in the prem

Yeah me also. It's exactly what we did at Stoke and QPR after taking the lead.

All seems odd. RL could easily win back a piece of goodwill from the club by getting someone apart from Ian (ie Jason) to put the questions to NP. I'm guessing the BBC are adopting a "we won't be dictated to" attitude. I can kind of understand that but given the situation with Ian - the manager and all of the players refusing to speak to him, which does tell a story - I don't think they're ultimately helping themselves. They'll be mightily relieved if/when Pearson goes.

I've totally stopped listening to Radio Leicester now. Now I can enjoy watching every away match, no need for the commentary, and while there's no post match reaction, no need to listen in the car on the way home either... 

Reckon Stringer should just be given the job on 5 Live that he clearly craves, Jason Bourne and Matt Elliot to commentate.

Pearson said he is struggling to sign players yesterday here is the interview, he says it at the end

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30617885

Another deficiency in Pearsons armour, he's not the type of manager that can attract players, he isn't known in the industry beyond his small circle.

However, I hope the owners back him 100% and give him funds and gamble alittle

Worth pointing out I thought our away end yesterday was the best of the season. I wasn't at Stoke however.

I've only been to a few aways this season (Palace, Chelsea, QPR, Hull) but yesterday was easily the best. Thought we turned it up massively when the team needed it at the end and were generally loud and united throughout the game. Not sure it's a coincidence that it was one of the smaller allocations.

Another deficiency in Pearsons armour, he's not the type of manager that can attract players, he isn't known in the industry beyond his small circle.

However, I hope the owners back him 100% and give him funds and gamble alittle

Yeah, because the likes of Hernandez and Ramirez joined Hull so they could say they played under Steve Bruce... This is a nonsense argument made for the sake of finding something else to moan about. 

Which is bollocks and little more than a hunch. Steve Walsh alongside has worked at one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

So has Avraam Grant, doesn't mean jack if you haven't got the reputation or clout.

So how do we know that Pearson hasn't got a decent contacts book then?

Grant has got job after job which suggests he knows a fair few people in the game. In fact it's downright odd he keeps getting employed.

Cus every time he has a disagreement with someone, he either refuses to talk to them, or tells them to foook off and die, has left his circle of friends really slim. I think Paul Gallagher is the only one left.

Seriously though, his exposure as a manager in the game has been out of the top flight. As a player he didn't really make a name for himself. His contact list would be of a similar sort

Grant has got job after job which suggests he knows a fair few people in the game. In fact it's downright odd he keeps getting employed.

It's unlikely to extend to bringing in experienced Premiership quality players, or it would have been done in the summer.

He is naively inexperienced at this level, and severely lacks the "clout" required to entice the right players at this level.

Cus every time he has a disagreement with someone, he either refuses to talk to them, or tells them to foook off and die, has left his circle of friends really slim. I think Paul Gallagher is the only one left.

Seriously though, his exposure as a manager in the game has been out of the top flight. As a player he didn't really make a name for himself. His contact list would be of a similar sort

Those who disagreed only Gradel went onto better things. His recent interview with Henry Winter proved he has lots of friends on the managerial circuit and judging from his annoying smiles with the likes of Big Sam et al after losses, he knows them too.

The contacts thing is a total useless excuse based on an hunch. Do Gaston Ramirez and Abel Hernandez know who Steve Bruce is? Do all of them Newcastle players know about Alan Pardew's wonderful playing career? Playing careers mean nothing. Pearson spent years working for the FA in a variety of roles and has an assistant who has dealt with top clubs. Of course we know people, how the hell did we get Cambiasso?

Archived