Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Just booked 4 days in Huby N Yorkshire.in August. Would have liked it earlier as it is the 2nd week of the football season. Could be a TV game though. Booked the New Inn motel. Only £160 ata discount so not too bad. Just need to do the train. Best seems to be to York which is about 10 miles away. Does anyone know if buses run from the station or how far the bus station is from the train station? If I go via Chesterfield it is only one change.

Just checked and according to the bus time table a bus goes from the station then Huby via York centre. They are every hour so not bad. £34 to York £35 to Weeton. The pub Mended Drum is only a couple of minutes away. Had a message to say the other Hotel is 1 1/2 miles away but the roads are dodgyand a taxi costs 6-£8

York doesn't have a proper bus station, but the stop is about 15/20 mins away depending on how fast you walk.

I thought there was a stop outside the station. Well according to the  bus route I looked at. I may contact the hotel anyway or check with the bus company. I think it is No.40 I need. There may be a bus from the station to  where the stop is. Anyway I'll get a  map first and I have over a month to sort it.

Lindos, Rhodes in September.

Argentina for 3 weeks in December. Currently trying to decide between NW Argentina (Salta region) and Patagonia for our main excursion. If anyone has been to those areas would love to know which you preferred.

Anyone been to Berlin in January? Noticed it's a decent time to go price wise but is that because it's far too cold and there's nothing to do?

I went in October for my 30th and it was quite cold. Love the place. Lots of history and great night life.

Lindos, Rhodes in September.

Argentina for 3 weeks in December. Currently trying to decide between NW Argentina (Salta region) and Patagonia for our main excursion. If anyone has been to those areas would love to know which you preferred.

I've been to the Chilean part of Patagonia, some great hiking, weather wasn't great though. Much preferred it to the northern desert areas of Chile. 

Last day 'at work' today. Going hiking for a bit then train back to London via Trieste and Munich for a few nights.

I remember visiting Trieste at age 19, on my first proper solo trip across Europe, and being quite taken by its beauty.

I remember visiting Trieste at age 19, on my first proper solo trip across Europe, and being quite taken by its beauty.

Yeah I love the place. I spend a lot of time there. I love those border cities that don't seem to belong to any particular country. "The corpses of Empire..." as Rebecca West wrote.

You should read 'Trieste and The Meaning Of Nowhere' by Jan Morris.

• Like 1

I'm going for a day in Stratford. One day's freedom in Stratford's worth a month waiting in airport lounges and being subject to non-stop officialdom and indifferent service. As for the sunshine I'm just as happy loading my van. Warmth's guaranteed and there's plenty of beers in the fridge that I can drink safely without having some arsehole telling me I'm a danger to mankind which, in today's sick, sad world takes the soggy biscuit first. Even my wife can find her way driving back from Stratford! lol     

Edited by Thracian

Off to Amsterdam with the missus in the morning for a few days. Staying at the 5* Krasnapolsky bang on Dam Square. She's flapping about deciding what to take & all that. I could probably get everything I need in a shower bag.

Off with my missus next month so would appreciate any tips on what to do when your back

Club Ali Bey Turkey in Manavgat for the 5th time in 5 years 17th July - 2 weeks - bring it on!! :dance:  - May break tradition next year and try somewhere new but can't seem to find anywhere to rival it's size, fantastic grounds, water park and the 24 hour all inclusive is top notch! Kinda feels like home from home now.

All the staff remember my lad too which is pretty good going considering there are over 1000 people there at any one time. He was only  4 the first time we went  :(