Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Where abouts in Mauritius did you stay? I had no issues with money over there but thinking about it I think I might have taken their own currency.

Loved the place, Could happily live there.

We stayed in Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel in Grand Gaube right near the top of the island.

We only took a couple of hundred dollars but we definitely got ripped off a couple of times in the local shops.

Stunning place to go and visit and we loved it, the beach we had was private, the sea was clear green the sand was white. Lovely friendly people also.

Off to Tenerife in September. My parents are coming with me, my missus and our little man. 

It's like taking the babysitters on holiday with you lol

Booking to go Vegas in April next year at some point next month as well. Minus our son  :thumbup:  

We stayed in Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel in Grand Gaube right near the top of the island.

We only took a couple of hundred dollars but we definitely got ripped off a couple of times in the local shops.

Stunning place to go and visit and we loved it, the beach we had was private, the sea was clear green the sand was white. Lovely friendly people also.

Ahh we didn't go in any small shops at all when we were there so probably explains it.

We stayed in Balaclava, Maritim hotel,  north west of the island so probably not a million miles away. That was the difference for me with Mauritius, everyone was so friendly and the island itself is incredible.

Off to Gran Canaria for a week of nothing but reading a book by a pool and forgetting about the world.

A question to those who travel quite frequently, I have 1 of those power pack things for charging your cell phone, are they allowed on aeroplanes?

You mean airplanes right? You want to charge your cell phone on the airplane

Off to Gran Canaria for a week of nothing but reading a book by a pool and forgetting about the world.

A question to those who travel quite frequently, I have 1 of those power pack things for charging your cell phone, are they allowed on aeroplanes?

It'll be okay if you put it in your suitcase and not your hand luggage.

Off to US for a road trip, doing chicago-toronto-boston-new York in august

You have friends????? Who would have thought!nnn

Just out of interest how have you organised this? Just flying to Chicago, picking up a car there for a couple of weeks then plan on finding hotels when you're there or have you pre booked it them?

Want to do something along these lines myself..

Just out of interest how have you organised this? Just flying to Chicago, picking up a car there for a couple of weeks then plan on finding hotels when you're there or have you pre booked it them?

Want to do something along these lines myself..

Booked flights, booked car seperately.   I booked the hotels beforehand but I booked some hotels with 24hour cancellation options where I wasn't certain I wasn't going to go!!  If you need further info, PM me!!

• Like 1

Don't worry about Cape Town I felt nervous the same as you but it was fine. Never once felt scared and that was with us driving around at 1am with nothing else on the road.

Boulders Beach for the Penguins is ok, not really much to do there but it's alright for something to do for a few hours.

If you are staying round the V&A waterfront try the Belthazar Restaurant probably the best meal we had out there.

Mauritius is a great little island, hire a car out and you'll be able to explore it in a day. Just be careful over there when buying stuff. They like you to pay in dollars but then give you the change back in rupees not without short changing you though.

Cheers SW,I'm actually staying at the V & A Waterfront Village Appartments few minutes walk away.Menu looks good.

2 weeks time I will be sat round a pool in Es Cana again, with, Muzzy and 5000/1 to keep me company, for the brief moments of peace I get from the kids, and with the weather the way it is here I can't wait.

Couldn't tell you the last time I got to sit and read a book, looking forward to reliving the O'neill era and last season. What a time to be alive.

Has anybody been to Morocco, either Agadir or Marrakesch? If so are they nice places?

We have a 1 year old daughter so would like it to be child friendly

Any tips would be appreciated

Been to Marrakech. There are lots of nice riads in the old town. Most of them are great because the locals are paid a (relative) pittance to make sure they are clean and tidy.

The place is noisy until late in the night though so not ideal for young kids. 

Wonderful city, country and people. Personally I would only stay 3 or 4 days in Marrakech and then move onto somewhere else. local guides (with 4X4s) are cheap and friendly.

Has anyone cancelled their holiday abroad yet?

Been to Marrakech. There are lots of nice riads in the old town. Most of them are great because the locals are paid a (relative) pittance to make sure they are clean and tidy.

The place is noisy until late in the night though so not ideal for young kids.

Wonderful city, country and people. Personally I would only stay 3 or 4 days in Marrakech and then move onto somewhere else. local guides (with 4X4s) are cheap and friendly.

Has anyone cancelled their holiday abroad yet?

Thanks for that

Aiya Napa next week.

I'm too old for this shit, probs be my last lads holiday at 26.

Any recs? I presume it's the same as everywhere else.

Do many older lads still go on these holidays? Did Zante when I was 18 and that seemed a very young crowd. Dont think I'd bother doing another one unless it was disgustingly cheap.

Arrived in gran canaria yesterday, pretty unusual landing as the pilot literally hit the runway but pulled the plane back in the sky due to wind concerns.

I went to Malia 25 and 26...I'd say it depends on your circumstances. If you are single and looking for a laugh it is fine, you don't have to go and get t-shirts printed etc!

Just to add gran canaria is epic so far, oh and I'm reading Chris kamaras autobiography

Exactly a month to go until we take the kids to Orlando again. As long as we avoid gay bars, alligators and Donald Trump rallies, we should be fine I think...

Thinking about going Portugal once more, been to Lisbon twice so far and I loved it. Best place I've been to up to this poitn apart from the city (which is adorable) was a condo just south of the capital near Sesimbra, about forty minutes by car.

I'd recommend Sintra, but it's rather pricey with the castle tours.

Or I'll head further up north to the coastline next to the Leiria area with the gf again. We'll maybe check out Évora, too.

Edited by MC Prussian