Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Only just got back yesterday, we were handed a compensation form when we checked in for the second flight of the day!  Any delay over 3 hours can be claimed for.

I think you’d be best to email them explaining what happened to you and how unhappy you are with their service, just dumping you and your daughter like that was dreadful and completely wrong.

As for Lisbon Thanks for the tips, it looks a beautiful old town, am I right in believing the beach is a shortish bus ride away? 

Ok…. Will start dealing with them Monday (can’t face it at the moment !)

Yep…. Stunning place 

There are a choice of beaches you can travel too, Uber works out pretty cheap and the metro system is easy to navigate 

• Thanks 1

Well my children got safely back to the UK today, but it wasn't without drama. We dropped them off at the airport, the first couple of times they have been out we've hung around in Alicante town until they've actually got on the plane, but today it was absolutely pissing down so we started making our way home.

Around an hour and a half later, so about 45 minutes from home, I got a text from my daughter saying 'help, they won't let us on the flight'. The Ryanair staff told them that they needed a test. I rang her, she'd quite clearly already decided I was wrong, and my son was muttering in the background about everyone else having a test lol

I sent her a screenshot from the government website, and also the actual link to it, and about 10 minutes later got another text to say they were boarding. Thankfully! 

Using the same day 2 test numbers worked, so a good result in the end. I could have done without the extra panic though lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Heading back from Vilamoura today, what a place. Would definitely recommend it if you just want to chill out on a beach with excellent weather.

Looking forward to the drama at the airport later as well lol 

Glad you enjoyed it, it's lovely isn't it? Did you find somewhere to watch the match okay? 

Re the airport drama, you'll be fine, it  seems it's the kids causing it all lol

15 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Glad you enjoyed it, it's lovely isn't it? Did you find somewhere to watch the match okay? 

Re the airport drama, you'll be fine, it  seems it's the kids causing it all lol

Yeah watched it in that Figo’s bar which was probably the worst place as they bloody streamed it.

Just got back from Turkey, 7 nights in Lara Beach. 
Not are usual type of holiday but with 5 kids between us the all inclusive option worked well.  
I booked it 3 months ago whilst turkey was still a red destination, a lucky punt tbh. 
7 people on jet2 was £560 in total 
I looked again after turkey went green and the flight cost had gone upto to £3500 😳

Fairly straightforward with covid restrictions etc. Kids all needed Ltf tests before flying, adults needed nothing as long as double jabbed. 

We arrived back in the Uk just before the change From PCR to LTF, therefore would have to fork out for 7 PCR day 2 tests 
But much to my Mrs horror I just used the same randox code on return to Uk that we had previously used earlier in the summer. As I had bought 2 kits in July. Worked fine and just shows what a massive cock up/money making scam the whole travel system is. 
Oddly if you put your kids on the same passenger location form, it only gives you the option to insert 1 day2 test reference number anyway. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah watched it in that Figo’s bar which was probably the worst place as they bloody streamed it.

Did they have all the yachts at the marina.

We always say the big black one called Brutus or something!!!

Just now, Raj said:

Did they have all the yachts at the marina.

We always say the big black one called Brutus or something!!!

Yeah they were all there. I know which one you mean, I’ve always wanted a big black one as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah they were all there. I know which one you mean, I’ve always wanted a big black one as well.

We all.want big black shines ones!

Love vilamoura  but all this rigmarole  is putting us off. I expect ots a nightmare with a 13 nd 8 year old.

Just now, Raj said:

We all.want big black shines ones!

Love vilamoura  but all this rigmarole  is putting us off. I expect ots a nightmare with a 13 nd 8 year old.

To be honest it’s been really simple.

I loved it, would definitely come back the next time I just want to sit on a beach and get fat.

• Like 1

Got back from 7 days in Olhos D'Agua (near Albufeira, Algarve) on Sunday. Four of us with the two young kids all inclusive (my first all inclusive experience). Booked as a Jet2Holidays package, it was perfect.

Airline was good, no issues checking in (other than the check in guy forgot to give us one of the passports back in Birmingham on the way out...but we sorted it eventually). Flights were on time, Jet2 staff were excellent too.

Booked a private transfer for an extra £12 return, no brainer. Comfortable travel, took about 30 mins to hotel.

Hotel was amazing, food and drink was top notch (even for my wife who has to eat gluten free, I must've put a stone on). Super Bock on draft, lots of good spirits (Dow's port, Bacardi etc.). Plenty of choice, kids splash park and flumes for those 6 and over (or 20kg which our eldest just went over, he loved it). The youngest was not so into the pools but that's just her preference I guess.

All in all a fantastic week break. Also, until the Thursday it was like a ghost town, I think maybe a third full, then it got busy by the time we left. I guess it was due to half term but not sure it's always that empty at that time or if Covid added to it.

I even managed to get them to put the Spartak vs Leicester game on in the pool bar which I watched alone.

Within 12 hours of coming back we rebooked for October half term next year, same place. For anyone interested the hotel is 3HB Clube Humbria. Beach in 10 min walking distance, perfect for kids/families.

Just to add, no one checked our Portuguese passenger locator forms, I used an old PCR reference (same as for Warsaw that I cancelled and got refunded) and made the other up for the UK ones. The only (pointless) check in Birmingham on return of the UK passenger locator forms is the QR code/front page. Although the passenger locator forms were checked by Jet2 check-in staff at Faro airport if I remember correctly (and we had to assign the references to our boarding passes online in advance.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2021 at 21:38, Wolfox said:

@FoxesDeb and @Costock_Fox

On a positive note…. The old serial numbers worked absolutely perfectly on the passenger locator form - result 

on a less positive note EasyJet are total effing morons

I am sat here typing whilst waiting to board a Wizz air flight with my 13 year old who was refused boarding on to our earlier easyJet flight…. They completely incorrectly insisted she needed a negative test to go back to the U.K. 

My wife showed them the gov website where it clearly states that U17’s don’t need a test even if unvaccinated, but, they said no…. I was in front and with the two oldest and missed the conversation 

The gate was closing and the plane was about to leave…. We had to make a quick decision and Alice wanted me to stay with her as her mum was panicking too much!

My wife and two eldest got on the plane and easyJet unceremoniously dumped us at passport control with no advise or support 

I got a rapid test done for her…. Paid 90 euros for some Wizz air tickets and we are just about to board

All in all we did well (6 hour delay and 110 euro out of pocket).  Wizz air confirmed that they didn’t need to see her COvID test too!

it was all so quick and stressful I was convinced we’d read something wrong (we hadn’t)

Anyway…. Come Monday I’m going to be kicking off with easyJet the total incompetent b@stards!

Two other couples were kicked off with me as they didn’t know about the passenger locator form - you’d think you’d look into it?!!!

What a bloody stressy mess…. Was horrible !

Sounds stupid, I can only imagine they got confused with the below:

image.thumb.png.cc339c30cc8701b09f6864f0ec262157.png

You should have a very good case for compensation and I would suggest you pursue until you get it. Fingers crossed.

And I think if anyone ever needed to be put off from travelling with joke companies like EasyJet (or normally Ryanair), then this and the other post is proof enough. Stay clear.

I have only ever used Ryanair and from an experience (when you know what you need to do) they were OK. That is aside from the business model and union issues. EasyJet I have luckily never used. WizzAir first time for Warsaw and thought they were OK too. Jet2 I thought were good as well.

On 21/10/2021 at 11:14, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Flight back from Tenerife yesterday with Easy Jet, the plane made a right racket on take off at 12.40pm and by 1.30pm we’re landing back on Tenerife! Scary stuff, hydraulic failure.

I understand this can happen but once we landed it was a complete shambles, the manager wouldn’t come down to speak to the 200 or so passengers and left a young lad to deal with passengers wondering how they were going to get back home.

We were herded from one place to another until eventually we found ourselves back outside of the airport.

The easyJet lad had no idea what he was doing before saying we could fly back to Luton or Gatwick in the evening (the original flight was to Gatwick) so obviously everyone wanted the Gatwick flight. Limited seats available and everyone had to book flights on their phones!

Very little help for people, the older generation were struggling with what to do, it was an absolute shambles.

Everyone had bought duty frees and had to go through passport control again, so no liquids allowed.

So having left the apartment in Tenerife at 9am we eventually got home in Leicester at 1.40 am next day!

A compensation claim is going to be emailed in. 

Make sure you read on all of the bits you can try and claim on. Below is a handy guide but have a look yourself if not already.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays/

You should in theory be entitled to £350 each. I am sure they will try to blame the failure on something outside of their control so they don't need to pay out but I would pursue as much as possible and keep on to them. Again, fingers crossed you get some compensation for the chaos.

57 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sounds stupid, I can only imagine they got confused with the below:

image.thumb.png.cc339c30cc8701b09f6864f0ec262157.png

You should have a very good case for compensation and I would suggest you pursue until you get it. Fingers crossed.

And I think if anyone ever needed to be put off from travelling with joke companies like EasyJet (or normally Ryanair), then this and the other post is proof enough. Stay clear.

I have only ever used Ryanair and from an experience (when you know what you need to do) they were OK. That is aside from the business model and union issues. EasyJet I have luckily never used. WizzAir first time for Warsaw and thought they were OK too. Jet2 I thought were good as well.

That’s exactly it…. The key bit they couldn’t grasp was ‘or’

its quite clear…. They were wrong!

Anyway…I will be complaining soon!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Make sure you read on all of the bits you can try and claim on. Below is a handy guide but have a look yourself if not already.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays/

You should in theory be entitled to £350 each. I am sure they will try to blame the failure on something outside of their control so they don't need to pay out but I would pursue as much as possible and keep on to them. Again, fingers crossed you get some compensation for the chaos.

Spot on. £350 compensation will be in my bank within 7 days! They’ve not quibbled and actually gave us the claim form when we went through baggage for the second time. 

• Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 19:45, FoxesDeb said:

Using the same day 2 test numbers worked

On 23/10/2021 at 12:53, Blackboots only said:

I just used the same randox code on return to Uk that we had previously used earlier in the summer. As I had bought 2 kits in July. Worked fine and just shows what a massive cock up/money making scam the whole travel system is. 

8 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I used an old PCR reference (same as for Warsaw that I cancelled and got refunded) and made the other up for the UK ones. 

My "friend" did the same, using an old reference, and this "friend" is planning on doing the same next month when travelling.

Although they're changing the rules for PCR to LFT so don't know if the old reference will work again for my "friend".

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My "friend" did the same, using an old reference, and this "friend" is planning on doing the same next month when travelling.

Although they're changing the rules for PCR to LFT so don't know if the old reference will work again for my "friend".

To be honest I think we're at the point where you could probably put your car number plate in the form and get away with it. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

PCR's are still valid and probably preferred (as more accurate), so no reason why it would change. All it is is a reference number on the passenger locator form (that I think no one has ever checked or even has the time to check). I assume you also get a reference for an LFT.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

Has anyone been to Iceland? Looking at going early next year and wondering how many days to go for and what there is to do aside from the obvious, i.e. northern lights, blue lagoon, etc. 

I have and it depends where you go and want to stay. You will do Reykjavik in an afternoon but there is much more to see outside it.

You might decide to stay in Reykjavik when you do the Blue Lagoon as it’s about a 20 min drive from there. I saw another new lagoon on a program with the guy from Pointless the other day which looked really decent but no idea where that was.

Do the Golden Circle to see the Geysir and waterfall as well. 

It’s really expensive over there but I think most people know that, think 100 for a half decent meal and about £25 for a bog standard place.

I went in May about 5 years ago and would go back but would stay in more remote parts of the island.