Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

16 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Yeah i've used them before. Very efficient company and i love ther fact they fetch your bags from the hotel before going home. 

I remember checking in at the airport that they had more desks open than their rivals, which meant we sailed through the check in process, whilst others were stuck in super long lines. I understand that their standard economy sits on the whole are wider than other chartered airlines as well (they make the aisle a bit narrow to accommodate). 

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Just booked our honeymoon to Crete for next June, be our first holiday since Covid.

I would tell you how lovely it is and share a few tips. As I did to people after our holiday there... only problem is we went to Corfu 😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Anyone been to the Philippines? Chance to go out there next April.

Is it with going? Plenty to see and do?

cost of living?

Yes yes and yes. Cebu, davos, and Palawan to name a few. Even Manila is great place to spend a few days. I’d kill to go back and we are planning Palawan in future. Fly to Bali today at 11:00 just to rub it in. 

15 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

A resort near Agios Nikolaos called Daios Cove

Very nice 

Agios is nice with some lovely restaurants around the harbour, really pretty at night

Bit further on, the other side of Agios, is Elounda which has some nice restaurants and you should do the short boat trip over to Spinalonga island which was once a leper colony. 

Back towards Heraklion is Knossos which will be of interest if you are in to history and ancient sites.

Crete is great and they love the Brits !

Have a great trip 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Solihullfox said:

Very nice 

Agios is nice with some lovely restaurants around the harbour, really pretty at night

Bit further on, the other side of Agios, is Elounda which has some nice restaurants and you should do the short boat trip over to Spinalonga island which was once a leper colony. 

Back towards Heraklion is Knossos which will be of interest if you are in to history and ancient sites.

Have a great trip 

Lovely, thanks so much for the tips

Booked flights to Bari in Italy next year. Planning on doing a few nights in Matera in the Basilicata region, then on to the Valle d'Itria in the heart of the Puglia. Hopefully find a nice little house to stay in, close to the lovely little towns there. Not been in year's and already looking forward to it.

• Like 4

On 14/11/2022 at 11:50, Solihullfox said:

Very nice 

Have a great trip 

You know Crete a little?  Which places would you recommend to look for a Villa as I’ve fancied going for a while…. We don’t want it to be too touristy and like nice fish tavernas!

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Booked flights to Bari in Italy next year. Planning on doing a few nights in Matera in the Basilicata region, then on to the Valle d'Itria in the heart of the Puglia. Hopefully find a nice little house to stay in, close to the lovely little towns there. Not been in year's and already looking forward to it.

Great wine down there too…

22 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

You know Crete a little?  Which places would you recommend to look for a Villa as I’ve fancied going for a while…. We don’t want it to be too touristy and like nice fish tavernas!

Only driven down to the south coast which is definitely less touristy so not confident about that coastline BUT personally I would look at area around Rethymnon and Chania both of which are really pretty towns with plenty of great fish restaurants.

Added bonus is that there are direct flights in to Chania airport.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Only driven down to the south coast which is definitely less touristy so not confident about that coastline BUT personally I would look at area around Rethymnon and Chania both of which are really pretty towns with plenty of great fish restaurants.

Added bonus is that there are direct flights in to Chania airport.

Will have a look…. Thanks 

4 hours ago, Manini said:

Any bar/restaurant recommendations for Krakow anyone? 

There is an amazing vodka bar just around the corner from the main square. Got absolutely shitfaced in there a few times.

1702D0A9-065B-4843-9522-A09CC8A2E539.jpeg

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

There is an amazing vodka bar just around the corner from the main square. Got absolutely shitfaced in there a few times.

1702D0A9-065B-4843-9522-A09CC8A2E539.jpeg

Wonder how long it took them to think that name up? Nice one thank you! That’s near my hotel which is handy! 

• 2 weeks later...