Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

57 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I have and it depends where you go and want to stay. You will do Reykjavik in an afternoon but there is much more to see outside it.

You might decide to stay in Reykjavik when you do the Blue Lagoon as it’s about a 20 min drive from there. I saw another new lagoon on a program with the guy from Pointless the other day which looked really decent but no idea where that was.

Do the Golden Circle to see the Geysir and waterfall as well. 

It’s really expensive over there but I think most people know that, think 100 for a half decent meal and about £25 for a bog standard place.

I went in May about 5 years ago and would go back but would stay in more remote parts of the island.

Echo most of this. The food is generally rubbish American food and the accomodation is expensive.

We stayed in Reyjavik then did 2500 miles in a week visiting everywhere else. We would go again but would rent a campervan. In Iceland you can camp anywhere unless it says you can't, all tourist attractions tend to have nice car-parks with toilets to allow campers.

A day in Reyjavik followed by the Blue Lagoon is worth it on the way back to the airport. Special shout out for the Penis Museum - worth a visit.

You visit for the scenery so you spend as much time as you can doing this and you will love it. 

We also visited a different hot spring every day we were there, the only one you pay for is the Blue Lagoon.

F@ck easyJet…. What’s my next port of call?  I may as well try and communicate to a brick wall!  CAA?

Here is my last communication…. Can they not read???

Dear Mujahid

It is not a question of being unhappy, it is a question of pointing out that i have had three responses (including yours) which are wrong.    You are basing your responses on bad information 

My unvaccinated 13 year old did not require a COVID test to return to the UK from Portugal evidenced by the following 

1 - the gov.uk website 

Children resident in the UK or in a country with an
approved proof of vaccination
Children of all ages who are resident in the UK, or in a
country with an approved proof of vaccination, do not
have to quarantine on arrival in England. This applies
whether the child is vaccinated or not.
If they are aged 4 and under they do not have to take
any COVID-19 travel tests.
to 17 year olds:
do not have to take a COVID-19 test before travel to
England
must take a test on or before day 2 - arrival day is day

2 - your own website

Important: Any travelers under the age of 18 who are residents in the UK, or one of the countries or territories with approved vaccination status, are considered fully vaccinated, regardless of their vaccination status
3 - the fact that your competitor Wizz air knew the rules and confirmed she didn’t need a COvID test and allowed her to board without showing it.

This really could not be any clearer?  MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER DID NOT REQUIRE A COVID TEST TO BOARD THR PLANE TO THE U.K. AND WAS INCORRECTLY TURNED BACK AT THE GATE.  Consequently I have a valid claim against easyJet 

I have had three responses now all of which have been wrong and I am becoming extremely frustrated…

Please escalate this claim to a manager and please arrange for someone to call me 
Edited by Wolfox

10 hours ago, Wolfox said:

F@ck easyJet…. What’s my next port of call?  I may as well try and communicate to a brick wall!  CAA?

Dear Mujahid

It is not a question of being unhappy, it is a question of pointing out that i have had three responses (including yours) which are wrong.    You are basing your responses on bad information 

My unvaccinated 13 year old did not require a COVID test to return to the UK from Portugal evidenced by the following 

1 - the gov.uk website 

to 17 year olds:
England

2 - your own website

Important: Any travelers under the age of 18 who are residents in the UK, or one of the countries or territories with approved vaccination status, are considered fully vaccinated, regardless of their vaccination status
3 - the fact that your competitor Wizz air knew the rules and confirmed she didn’t need a COvID test and allowed her to board without showing it.

This really could not be any clearer?  MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER DID NOT REQUIRE A COVID TEST TO BOARD THR PLANE TO THE U.K. AND WAS INCORRECTLY TURNED BACK AT THE GATE.  Consequently I have a valid claim against easyJet 

I have had three responses now all of which have been wrong and I am becoming extremely frustrated…

Please escalate this claim to a manager and please arrange for someone to call me 

See if you can find the head of customer services or complaints on LinkedIn and try to guess their email address based on the format of the emails you've been getting from the unhelpful person. 

Dear Mujahid

1 - the gov.uk website 

to 17 year olds:
England

2 - your own website

I’d contact that BBC consumer programme that the three old biddies do weekday mornings to see if they were interested in taking it up 

Dear Mujahid

1 - the gov.uk website 

to 17 year olds:
England

2 - your own website

I'd send two more emails, both with a timeline and a statement of what you'll  do next. 

So, like, I refer to previous emails, expect my issue to he escalated and now require a reply from a manager within 7 days. 

At that point t, or if no reply or if answer is not to my satisfaction, I'll email the CEO. 

If the CEO is beyond that unable to satisfactorily resolve the issue within a further 7 days, I'll begin legal proceedings. 

*legal proceedings actually being small claims court. It's  dead easy to file a claim and apparently ALMOST ALWAYS ends in success for the consumer. I did it recently against Hastings direct, eventurally got a CCJ and got my money back from them plus costs. 

....when you are right, push it all the way. The law will back you you up (somewhat surprisingly) so long as you get the procedure right.

Dear Mujahid

1 - the gov.uk website 

to 17 year olds:
England

2 - your own website

Email or call the ceo. Mujahid does not care about you and only wants to get home for 5pm with the minimum of fuss

On 01/11/2021 at 16:38, Wrighty22 said:

Has anyone been to Iceland? Looking at going early next year and wondering how many days to go for and what there is to do aside from the obvious, i.e. northern lights, blue lagoon, etc. 

Actually going in January, only doing 2 nights, staying in Reykjavík and have booked an 11hr tour (inc blue lagoon) 

We’ve been back from Tenerife for over 2 weeks now, neither of us took the day 2 PCR test, due to the 90day government guidelines on not taking a test after having Covid.

We have had no phone call, text or email chasing up the untaken test, nothing at all.

It leads me to believe the protecting our borders etc is all a charade a box ticking exercise and a money making scheme for somebody and their friends!

Gatwick airport were more interested in what people had in their suitcases than any passenger locater information.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

See if you can find the head of customer services or complaints on LinkedIn and try to guess their email address based on the format of the emails you've been getting from the unhelpful person. 

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’d contact that BBC consumer programme that the three old biddies do weekday mornings to see if they were interested in taking it up 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'd send two more emails, both with a timeline and a statement of what you'll  do next. 

So, like, I refer to previous emails, expect my issue to he escalated and now require a reply from a manager within 7 days. 

At that point t, or if no reply or if answer is not to my satisfaction, I'll email the CEO. 

If the CEO is beyond that unable to satisfactorily resolve the issue within a further 7 days, I'll begin legal proceedings. 

*legal proceedings actually being small claims court. It's  dead easy to file a claim and apparently ALMOST ALWAYS ends in success for the consumer. I did it recently against Hastings direct, eventurally got a CCJ and got my money back from them plus costs. 

....when you are right, push it all the way. The law will back you you up (somewhat surprisingly) so long as you get the procedure right.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Email or call the ceo. Mujahid does not care about you and only wants to get home for 5pm with the minimum of fuss

Thanks for the advice all

i have now forwarded the complaint to the CEO…. 

@Paninistickers - as you suggested they have 7 days before I take to the CAA (ombudsman) and will also look at raising a small claim too…

There incompetence is quite breathtaking!

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We’ve been back from Tenerife for over 2 weeks now, neither of us took the day 2 PCR test, due to the 90day government guidelines on not taking a test after having Covid.

We have had no phone call, text or email chasing up the untaken test, nothing at all.

It leads me to believe the protecting our borders etc is all a charade a box ticking exercise and a money making scheme for somebody and their friends!

Gatwick airport were more interested in what people had in their suitcases than any passenger locater information.

It’s almost like the company that most people buy from, Randox, have an MP taking a huge salary from them. Or maybe I’m just being sceptical.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Yep had the same experience and have used the same codes twice and lending them to my cousin when she comes over too…. Not chased at all

when we came back and France in the summer we had two calls and a house visit to check we were isolating despite my pointing out we didn’t have to…. Test and trace is a highly expensive joke!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Can you blame him? Praly got hot aloo paranthas sitting on the table with a knob of butter on top, side bowl of yogurt, hot cup of chai just waiting for him.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Dear Mujahid

1 - the gov.uk website 

to 17 year olds:
England

2 - your own website

Feels like it would have been easier just to call them a cnut and left it.

• Haha 1

On 06/11/2021 at 10:22, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I did the same for Warsaw.

It's all one big money spinner for those involved, corrupt to the core this Government and the MPs in it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Off to Belfast on Wednesday with my dad. Am I correct in saying we can fly there with no COVID checks or forms etc. as it's classed as the UK? We are flying from EMA.

It's recommended to do optional lateral flow tests to do before you go but you don't have to upload it anywhere or show anyone as far as I know.

As long as you you're just staying in Northern Ireland and not doing a daytrip to the Republic of Ireland on the train or anything then you don't have to fill in any forms.

You just need some sort of photo ID like your driving license or passport to show your identity when boarding the plane and that's it.

• Thanks 1

Hardy a holiday but I didn’t know where else to post this. Off to Birmingham on Wednesday night and Thursday day time, any recommendations for decent but not mega expensive restaurants? Hoping for something pretty central.

Tagging @Unabomber as I know you have posted about Brum a bit but I’m too lazy to search. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hardy a holiday but I didn’t know where else to post this. Off to Birmingham on Wednesday night and Thursday day time, any recommendations for decent but not mega expensive restaurants? Hoping for something pretty central.

Tagging @Unabomber as I know you have posted about Brum a bit but I’m too lazy to search. 

One of the best ever meals I have had was at the wilderness in Birmingham. It’s pretty expensive though. 

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

One of the best ever meals I have had was at the wilderness in Birmingham. It’s pretty expensive though. 

Yeah I remembered you saying that, looks unreal but looking for something cheaper but still decent I think.