Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hardy a holiday but I didn’t know where else to post this. Off to Birmingham on Wednesday night and Thursday day time, any recommendations for decent but not mega expensive restaurants? Hoping for something pretty central.

Tagging @Unabomber as I know you have posted about Brum a bit but I’m too lazy to search. 

German market is on, so that's always good for food. This place opened fairly recently, and I have had a couple of nice meals there: https://mythostaverna.co.uk/ 

13 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

To be fair, if it’s got good food and beer it’s a bonus but primarily decent food I guess.

Pure craft be good for both 

Fumo/San Carlo if you wanna be posh but not water eyeing prices. Prefer Fumo personally because of the tapas style 

Rudys for a bit of informal pizza 

I love Sabai Sabai too

37 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Pure craft be good for both 

Fumo/San Carlo if you wanna be posh but not water eyeing prices. Prefer Fumo personally because of the tapas style 

Rudys for a bit of informal pizza 

I love Sabai Sabai too

Cheers, will have a look.

Have you eaten in the restaurant for the Grand Hotel?

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Cheers, will have a look.

Have you eaten in the restaurant for the Grand Hotel?

No. I’ve heard decent things assuming you mean Issac’s rather than the cocktail bar?

That reminds me of Tattu as well - never been, very Instagram and people say it’s decent 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No. I’ve heard decent things assuming you mean Issac’s rather than the cocktail bar?

That reminds me of Tattu as well - never been, very Instagram and people say it’s decent 

Yeah that’s the one, I’m stopping there and noticed it came up on a few suggestions online.

On 09/11/2021 at 08:51, Cardiff_Fox said:

To be honest I don’t know anyone whose been yet cause it’s difficult to get a table 

Off to Tattu, looks expensive for what it is but will report back.

Currently in Pure Craft for a beer, seems decent.

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Has anyone been to the Caribbean since they opened travel back up ? 
How strict is it in terms of restrictions ? 
Looking at Barbados or Antigua at easter

Brother just got back from punta cana last week and had 0 issues. Typical protocols you'd expect but each island might have different situations. I would read recent reviews on TripAdvisor  etc and see what others say at the resorts you are interested in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

How did you find it? Went to Tattu years ago with work clients, really liked it. Saw jack grealish completely wrecked in there 

Ermmm, it was nice but overpriced for me. The restaurant looks stunning in all fairness.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Buce said:

Probably a dumb question but I can't find an answer elsewhere:

The restrictions and testing requirements all seem to be geared towards flying; is it the same for ferry travel?

It was the same in mid September when I used Brittany Ferries. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Soup said:

Whereabouts? Anywhere in particular or driving around?

Out there for 2 weeks .Starting in Dallas for 5 days , got friend who lives out there then onto Vegas, we've still not decided on where else to go yet...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rico said:

Out there for 2 weeks .Starting in Dallas for 5 days , got friend who lives out there then onto Vegas, we've still not decided on where else to go yet...

Oh that sounds ace. Some great places on route to Vegas from there. I'm a bit jealous 😃

• Like 1

Is Newark on Trent decent for a day trip? 

Trying to meet people for a Saturday somewhere on the LNER line between York and Londonbut dont really know what the places are like on the stops between the two places.

Edited by Nalis

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

Is Newark on Trent decent for a day trip? 

Trying to meet people for a Saturday somewhere on the LNER line between York and Londonbut dont really know what the places are like on the stops between the two places.

I have been once or twice- it is a nice little market town.  I think you can kill couple of hours walking around the town and castle grounds but you may struggle to make an all dayer out  of it without doing some activities such as Civil War museum but I have no clue how good it is as I haven't visited before. 

There is also a highly rated escape room (The Rig by LetsXscape)  in Kelham which is 5-10 minutes drive in the taxi as I am assuming you will come via train.   The room theme is an oil rig so it is certainly something different!  It is based in Kelham Hall which is a historical building so you can have a wander around if that is your vibe too.  

So with above and couple of hours whittled away in some pubs and restaurants for a bite to eat, I think you might be able to make a trip out of it.  Alternatively you can do a treasure hunt from Treasure Trail website- they do downloadable trails for £12 or so and is a great way of exploring the town while hunting down clues. 

I also ate at Thai Sabai twice which was half decent as well. 

Edited by The Blur
  • Thanks 1