Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 05/12/2021 at 23:14, Wrighty22 said:

Not a holiday, but going to Birmingham in 2 weeks with the Mrs for the Christmas market and staying over. 

Can anyone recommend any nice restaurants? Maybe a few nice bars as well. 

Eat at the Christmas Market...I thought that was Part of enjoyment..

We use go to different ones every year 2-3 times,thats when we eat out out..

Edited by fuchsntf

Hey everyone, anyone got any ideas what's going on with aussie visas right now?

My mum is planning to visit in january, applied for a visa and they said bla bla can take 4 months etc etc, so that was no good. So my sister paid for the "fast-track" (i think?) one from in oz. She's a permanent resident there. 12 hours later my mum gets an email saying her visa request is rejected. No reason why at all?

Anyone know wtf she can do to get one before january? :unsure:

On 08/11/2021 at 16:38, SemperEadem said:

Looking at doing games at Livorno, Fiorentina and Sampdoria with the lads for the my 30th. Got some contacts at the first two so hopefully that enhances the experience.

Then look to do a long weekend in Scotland with the family.

Started trying to get the ball rolling with this as much as possible at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Well…. 278 emails and 277 moronic responses I’m finally getting £950 out of the b@stards!!!

You wouldn’t believe the stress of dealing with these people 

Absolutely fantastic and well done!! These crooks shouldn’t get away with terrible service then be able to frustrate you into submission to stop you getting what is due to you. Good on you for sticking with it. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Absolutely fantastic and well done!! These crooks shouldn’t get away with terrible service then be able to frustrate you into submission to stop you getting what is due to you. Good on you for sticking with it. 

You really couldn’t make up how incompetent these people are…

My final email was an absolute classic

They sent me a link to guidance confirming that 12+ needed a negative COvID test and told me to bugger off for umpteenth time…….  The guidance applied from 30th November

My response was…. Thank you for finally proving my case…. If you’d actually read my complaint you would have realised that I traveled 20th October 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

With France banning British tourists does anyone think Spain may follow suit? we are due to go to Lanzerote on Sunday but the Mrs thinks it is best to try and defer the holiday to next year in case any restrictions come in next week.

Doubt it, presume it’s something more

political than anything.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

With France banning British tourists does anyone think Spain may follow suit? we are due to go to Lanzerote on Sunday but the Mrs thinks it is best to try and defer the holiday to next year in case any restrictions come in next week.

The new rules in Spain for uk tourists, ie they must be fully vaccinated, were only introduced two weeks ago . They're not due to be reviewed for another fortnight, so unless anything changes drastically in the next 2 weeks, and everyone in your party over the age of 12 has had at least two jabs and has the passes to prove it, you should be fine. 

13 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The new rules in Spain for uk tourists, ie they must be fully vaccinated, were only introduced two weeks ago . They're not due to be reviewed for another fortnight, so unless anything changes drastically in the next 2 weeks, and everyone in your party over the age of 12 has had at least two jabs and has the passes to prove it, you should be fine. 

Thanks Deb that is good to know and reassuring,  We are triple jabbed and daughter is double jabbed and had covid so we will be ok.

The good lady says its back on :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Anyone have any tips / recommendations for Crete? 

Some amazing history…. The Cretan’s are double hard bastards and a culture apart…. Many Nazis would rather they didn’t parachute in (look it up) 

its quite arid and not much greenery 

if it were me, I’d suck up the history and snorkel allot 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 01:39, Innovindil said:

Hey everyone, anyone got any ideas what's going on with aussie visas right now?

My mum is planning to visit in january, applied for a visa and they said bla bla can take 4 months etc etc, so that was no good. So my sister paid for the "fast-track" (i think?) one from in oz. She's a permanent resident there. 12 hours later my mum gets an email saying her visa request is rejected. No reason why at all?

Anyone know wtf she can do to get one before january? :unsure:

Did she apply on her immiaccount?  It might be that the second application just replaced the first one so you got an auto rejection.  Have your sister check the account to be sure. Lots are getting rejected though, and to be honest I think flights are still a bit tricky - does she have one booked? It is probably worth talking to a MARA registered agent if it has been rejected;  try gomatilda or suncoast migration.

Germany now banning UK nationals which wouldn’t have been taken lightly due to our love for a Christmas market.

Think we are seen as the hub for Omicron but pound to a pinch it’s rife through every EU country it’s just the amount of testing we are doing that picks us out from the crowd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Germany now banning UK nationals which wouldn’t have been taken lightly due to our love for a Christmas market.

Think we are seen as the hub for Omicron but pound to a pinch it’s rife through every EU country it’s just the amount of testing we are doing that picks us out from the crowd.

It's ruined my first visit to see the family for 2 years. Personally think it's OTT and another result of Brexit. If the UK was in the EU I am sure this would not have happened. France the same.

Will have to move to Easter and fingers crossed we can finally get back over. Only have limited windows due to oldest being in school (although might have to just take him out).

Even more frustrating when you see full arenas and stadiums. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's ruined my first visit to see the family for 2 years. Personally think it's OTT and another result of Brexit. If the UK was in the EU I am sure this would not have happened. France the same.

Will have to move to Easter and fingers crossed we can finally get back over. Only have limited windows due to oldest being in school (although might have to just take him out).

Even more frustrating when you see full arenas and stadiums. It is what it is.

Sorry to hear that & fingers crossed for you for Easter.

I really hope they not playing school yard games over brexit 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Sorry to hear that & fingers crossed for you for Easter.

I really hope they not playing school yard games over brexit 

Thanks. I would hope to think not but it seems that way. France and Denmark both have Omicron problems and neither are treated like GB by the German state in regard to quarantine etc.

Like I say, it is what it is and we will deal with it. Gutted but on the other side, happy we are all well.

• Like 1

Well we got to Lanzerote Sunday night, so many people not filled in their Spanish health travel pass prior to flying thinking they had to just do the British travel locator form. 

First time ever away for Christmas and we really cannot get our heads around Christmas music in the sun!

You need to wear masks to get in anywhere which is good, couple got turned away from our restaurant last night for not wearing and the owner said it's always people from London that try it. lol

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

Going to London for a long weekend in Feb with the mrs. Was looking to go out for dinner in Covent Garden, preferably a nice steak house. Can anyone recommend a nice one, or any nice restaurants in that area? 

Always fancied doing this in London. Bit left field. 

https://www.bustronome.com/en/london/

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

Going to London for a long weekend in Feb with the mrs. Was looking to go out for dinner in Covent Garden, preferably a nice steak house. Can anyone recommend a nice one, or any nice restaurants in that area? 

Cote Brasseries are always very good for steaks.

https://www.cote.co.uk/restaurant/soho/

Edited by Big Dave
  • Like 1