Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Wife suggested going away for a weekend for my 30th birthday in November. Can anybody recommend any good places? Would be 2 adults and 2 kids. Doesnt have to be abroad either im just trying to get some ideas. Bit of sight seeing and something fun for the kids.

Lake District is nice and relaxing but it also depends on the ages of your kids. They may want more than walking up hills.

18 month old son and a 9 year old daughter. Son would be fine but the daughter would be moaning after 10 mins saying she is tired lol  

Wife suggested going away for a weekend for my 30th birthday in November. Can anybody recommend any good places? Would be 2 adults and 2 kids. Doesnt have to be abroad either im just trying to get some ideas. Bit of sight seeing and something fun for the kids.

Suggest going to Newcastle for the weekend and then make out its just a coincidence that Leicester are playing there that weekend.

everyones seemed to have said they had a great time so Fingers crossed im the same. And how come?

Yeah it's great fun - massive shithole but that doesn't really matter as long as you're with your mates and having a laugh. I probably would if I got a dirt cheap last minute deal, but think I'd get bored of going out every night for a week nowadays and not going to visit places. Guess I'm getting old  :D

Not sure where to book now went Butlins earlier on in the year I've been put off a bit by Tunisia, Turkey, Egypt and Greece recently with the current circumstances I don't care about me going but I don't like the idea of taking my son somewhere dangerous 

Not sure where to book now went Butlins earlier on in the year I've been put off a bit by Tunisia, Turkey, Egypt and Greece recently with the current circumstances I don't care about me going but I don't like the idea of taking my son somewhere dangerous 

Off to ibiza next weds and seriously tempted not to go now. I know it may seem an over reaction and I wouldn't worry to much if it was just me, but as things stand I really feel that it won't be that relaxing worrying about a 4 y/o and 5y/o all day.

I know that is letting the terrorists win, but i would never forgive myself if any harm came to my kids that I could prevent.

Torn.

Without wishing to sound insensitive, if you avoided everything that could potentially kill you, you wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. In terms of terrorism you're probably as likely to be involved in an attack in London as you are in Turkey.

Off to ibiza next weds and seriously tempted not to go now. I know it may seem an over reaction and I wouldn't worry to much if it was just me, but as things stand I really feel that it won't be that relaxing worrying about a 4 y/o and 5y/o all day.

I know that is letting the terrorists win, but i would never forgive myself if any harm came to my kids that I could prevent.

Torn.

I understand how you feel, we just got back with our two of the same age. We were already on holiday before it happened but I think would have still gone.

Been back from Mexico for a week or so now - what a place absolutely amazing would recommend it to anyone.

regarding people being worried about travelling to the likes or Turkey, I wouldn't be my brother is in Mamamis at the minute and has been there a week or so now, he says that there is a bit more security around currently but its not changed their holiday at all. Like people have said unfortunately at the minute we don't live in a safe world attacks could happen anywhere so you cant think like that or you would never leave you house, Life's there for living now living in constant worry. Get on the plane, chill, eat , drink and don't pick up a paper or check you phone for a week or so trust me it is quite a liberating experience.

Going Budapest for 4 nights then heading down to Croatia for 2 weeks, how much will I need? Is Budapest expensive?

Looking to do the usual sight seeing etc, but will probably end up going out a fair amount.