Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

We’re staying at. 4* hotel with a near as damn it 5* TripAdvisor rating. Going for the weather  and to pretty much do nothing for a week, bathe the odd wander around. Not what we usually do on holiday, but just need a week relaxing. Several restaurants and pools at the hotel, and it has direct access to the beach.

For the end of April, it has about the best weather. Could have gone to the Canaries, but been there several times. Anywhere else was a bit far away.

Have a few friends that have been to Agadir and really enjoyed it.  Yes, I know it is not historical like Marrakech, but that is not what we are going for.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Can anyone recommend a nice place to have Sunday lunch near the Shard?

If its mid budget you are after, The Woolshed is decent for pub grub. Flat Iron is pretty good generally but never been for Sunday lunch before. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Finally after 3 years i am off to Egypt for 2 weeks. What with the travel agent going bust and then COVID happening it feels like i was never going to get there. But received all the confirmations for flights, hotel etc and fly out to Hurghada at 10am next Tuesday. Week in a fully inclusive 5* hotel followed up by a week cruising up the Nile. 

After the last 2 years and also currently whats going on in the world, i cant wait for this. 

We did that - nearly 20 years ago now.

I've never been so hot in my life as I was in Egypt. The temperatures got up to over 40 degrees in the afternoon so we did most of the sight seeing trips early mornings.

You'll have a great time Suzie. Some of the sights are truly breathtaking. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

We did that - nearly 20 years ago now.

I've never been so hot in my life as I was in Egypt. The temperatures got up to over 40 degrees in the afternoon so we did most of the sight seeing trips early mornings.

You'll have a great time Suzie. Some of the sights are truly breathtaking. 

I know it gets bloody hot there, hence booking in March when i think it will be averaging about 25 degrees. I really am excited to go now all the final details have come thru. 

I think the hottest place i went too was to visit some friends in Serbia and we were walking up the road and the temperature then was 47. The heals of my shoes were melting into the road at certain points LOL. 

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Finally after 3 years i am off to Egypt for 2 weeks. What with the travel agent going bust and then COVID happening it feels like i was never going to get there. But received all the confirmations for flights, hotel etc and fly out to Hurghada at 10am next Tuesday. Week in a fully inclusive 5* hotel followed up by a week cruising up the Nile. 

After the last 2 years and also currently whats going on in the world, i cant wait for this. 

What's the covid entry requirements  there atm?

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

According to the holiday information package thingy, its to have proof of COVID vaccination. So i am using the NHS app for that. 

Im already stressing about an Easter trip to Malta, but I've got kids to worry about covid passes and tests etc!

Have a great time!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Has anyone been to Hungary recently? I'm going to Budapest next week and I can't see if I need to do a passenger locator form. I can't see them being too bothered seeing as they basically ignored the whole pandemic but I'd rather not get caught out. 

I’m sure I saw them on a list of 8 countries who’ve scrapped the measures or never had them. Ireland joined it this week which is where I seen the list of others.  Benefitted me as I’ve not had and won’t now have the booster so simplified my travel plans. I’d imagine the list will grow quickly now.  The first Med country to drop the covid hassle will see bookings take off and others will have to follow. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

I’m sure I saw them on a list of 8 countries who’ve scrapped the measures or never had them. Ireland joined it this week which is where I seen the list of others.  Benefitted me as I’ve not had and won’t now have the booster so simplified my travel plans. I’d imagine the list will grow quickly now.  The first Med country to drop the covid hassle will see bookings take off and others will have to follow. 

Yeah I kind of figured they're just going to take a quick glance at my covid pass and then just wave me through. 

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Has anyone been to Hungary recently? I'm going to Budapest next week and I can't see if I need to do a passenger locator form. I can't see them being too bothered seeing as they basically ignored the whole pandemic but I'd rather not get caught out. 

https://www.traveloffpath.com/hungary-becomes-the-9th-country-to-remove-all-entry-requirements/

Good deed = Good karma

On our return from Krakow last week id clocked a girl with a Ukrainian passport on the bus taking us to the plane, she then happened to be sitting on the row adjacent to us. The flight crew came with their teas and coffees and the girl wanted a cappuccino and tried to pay with cash only to be refused as it was card only, she had no way of paying so we bought her the coffee.

I then bought 2 x litre bottles of Bombay sapphire for £25 a bargain in itself and as of now 9 days later they still haven’t taken the money out of my account 😝

so be kind and you never know what can happen! 

Krakow was fantastic, a beautiful town, very cheap, loads of restaurants and bars.

The trip to Auschwitz and Birkenau was difficult to say the least and the tour guide was fantastic.

We also went to the salt mines which were amazing!  

• Like 3

On 01/03/2022 at 18:50, Suzie the Fox said:

Yeh the World's gone crazy, they are Now U-boats Chasing Cruiseships along the Nile, & bandaged old men Walking so slow with arms out Chasing tourists..

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2022 at 13:43, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Good deed = Good karma

On our return from Krakow last week id clocked a girl with a Ukrainian passport on the bus taking us to the plane, she then happened to be sitting on the row adjacent to us. The flight crew came with their teas and coffees and the girl wanted a cappuccino and tried to pay with cash only to be refused as it was card only, she had no way of paying so we bought her the coffee.

I then bought 2 x litre bottles of Bombay sapphire for £25 a bargain in itself and as of now 9 days later they still haven’t taken the money out of my account 😝

so be kind and you never know what can happen! 

Krakow was fantastic, a beautiful town, very cheap, loads of restaurants and bars.

The trip to Auschwitz and Birkenau was difficult to say the least and the tour guide was fantastic.

We also went to the salt mines which were amazing!  

I’m guessing they don’t let you lick the walls anymore? I didn’t like, but a few on our tour did :ph34r: