Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

8 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not personally but have been in a group where some have. It’s equivalent to a vaccine passport. Are you having difficulty with obtaining yours? 

I need it for my 9 year old son.

You cant get it from the nhs.

I've contacted a few companies who can issue one out, but I'm not 100% if this will be accepted by the maltese upon arrival.

Although they are stating:-

As from Monday 11th April 2022, arriving passengers travelling from a red list country to Malta may do so without the need to quarantine, if they are in possession of:

• a valid vaccine certificate or,
  • a negative PCR test (taken up to 72 hours prior to arrival) or,
  • a recognised Covid recovery certificate (not older than 180 days).

41 minutes ago, Raj said:

I've contacted a few companies who can issue one out, but I'm not 100% if this will be accepted by the maltese upon arrival.

As from Monday 11th April 2022, arriving passengers travelling from a red list country to Malta may do so without the need to quarantine, if they are in possession of:

Why won't the NHS give you a recovery certificate? 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Ah right, it will show up on the nhs Covid app. So download the app under your 9 year olds details (using nhs number, dob etc) then all positive pcr tests taken under the nhs testing system will show up. This is what your proof of recovery is. Otherwise you can pay privately to get one if you upload a positive pcr, it is very easy to fake one on a pdf if you are desperate 

I imagine Malta will be pretty chilled anyway, I’ve been abroad quite a bit this year and v rarely had anything checked anywhere 

49 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Ah right, it will show up on the nhs Covid app. So download the app under your 9 year olds details (using nhs number, dob etc) then all positive pcr tests taken under the nhs testing system will show up. This is what your proof of recovery is. Otherwise you can pay privately to get one if you upload a positive pcr, it is very easy to fake one on a pdf if you are desperate 

I imagine Malta will be pretty chilled anyway, I’ve been abroad quite a bit this year and v rarely had anything checked anywhere 

This is what I plan to do mate- thanks.

I spent an hour on the phone to my Dr and then the nhs TRYING to get my son added to my nhs app.

No one knew who does it...its fecking crazy!!!

When doing the digital locator form  fir my son, on the bit where you have to upload the vaccine record or negative PCR evidence,  should I upload the certificate of recovery  if that's all I have? 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Have you uploaded stuff though? I wonder if things don't need to be physically checked if they've been uploaded 

50 minutes ago, Raj said:

This is what I plan to do mate- thanks.

I spent an hour on the phone to my Dr and then the nhs TRYING to get my son added to my nhs app.

No one knew who does it...its fecking crazy!!!

When doing the digital locator form  fir my son, on the bit where you have to upload the vaccine record or negative PCR evidence,  should I upload the certificate of recovery  if that's all I have? 

34 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Have you uploaded stuff though? I wonder if things don't need to be physically checked if they've been uploaded 

In terms of uploading, I’ve had to upload my vaccine passport onto a system for dubai, but this wasn’t linked to my passport so I’m not sure how they would be aware of this at border control? Who knows though and that may be why they don’t check. I have a fool (sorry, no offence to others) of a friend who is unjabbed and has faked every certificate without detection so far.

uploading the certificate of recovery or the confirmation of a positive pcr should be ok for Malta? I’m not sure tbh but if it’s any reassurance borders do seem more chilled!!

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

In terms of uploading, I’ve had to upload my vaccine passport onto a system for dubai, but this wasn’t linked to my passport so I’m not sure how they would be aware of this at border control? Who knows though and that may be why they don’t check. I have a fool (sorry, no offence to others) of a friend who is unjabbed and has faked every certificate without detection so far.

uploading the certificate of recovery or the confirmation of a positive pcr should be ok for Malta? I’m not sure tbh but if it’s any reassurance borders do seem more chilled!!

Thanks, yeah it's interesting that your friend has managed that! 

I've heard so many people complaining that their paperwork hasn't been checked and I just assumed that was because it was all electronically linked online, but maybe not then.. 

• Like 1

On 29/03/2022 at 20:24, Houdini Logic said:

I've just booked Lanzarote for next week. Not somewhere I've been and it was impromptu based solely on it being the hottest place next week within a sensible flight time.

Staying in Puerto del Carmen if anyone has any recommendations / things to avoid...

This is where we stayed there is a massive hill / mountain where most of the hotels are located so hopefully you've not booked at the top of it like we did.  :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Malta on Sunday ONLY if my 9 year old son gets a negative PCR tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for you mate :fc:

We’re in Malta now, flying back on Saturday. Weather is great but a bit windy!

• Thanks 1