Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Without wishing to sound insensitive, if you avoided everything that could potentially kill you, you wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. In terms of terrorism you're probably as likely to be involved in an attack in London as you are in Turkey.

That's as maybe, but minimising the risk of day to day accidents helps.

As for the terrorist side, I understand that, but unless someone blows up the kp, the chances of a terrorist shooting me at work, home, the local pub or the golf course are pretty slim. lol

Off to ibiza next weds and seriously tempted not to go now. I know it may seem an over reaction and I wouldn't worry to much if it was just me, but as things stand I really feel that it won't be that relaxing worrying about a 4 y/o and 5y/o all day.

I know that is letting the terrorists win, but i would never forgive myself if any harm came to my kids that I could prevent.

Torn.

I think this is one of the safest places being an island. Pretty hard to get guns and stuff over there!

Guest Col city fan

Just come back from Kraków and Auchswitz.

Kraków was great. Beautiful little city and amazing value.

Auschwitz was a place you have to go to to appreciate. Haunting and sobering in equal measure and it's hard to fully get your head round what happened there.

Just come back from Kraków and Auchswitz.

Kraków was great. Beautiful little city and amazing value.

Auschwitz was a place you have to go to to appreciate. Haunting and sobering in equal measure and it's hard to fully get your head round what happened there.

Really wanna visit Auschwitz but Mrs ain't keen and probably not right with 2 young kids Edited by Raj

Guest Col city fan

Really wanna visit Auschwitz but Mrs ain't keen and probably not right with 2 young kids

Not sure mate. It all depends if they'd understand it or not. If not, there'd be little point. If they would, then learning about this as a kid could be the best time to do so?

Some of the stuff is harrowing though, I warn you.

Off with my missus next month so would appreciate any tips on what to do when your back

Got back yesterday afternoon.  Only went for 2 nights so did as much as we could but still plenty that we didn't manage to fit in.

The Krasnapolsky Hotel was fantastic.  We paid £140 each for 2 nights flying from Luton on a deal, when the hotel is usually £275 a night.  I couldn't fault it.

I've been Amsterdam about 10 times, but usually with the lads & not usually knowing where I am or what I'm doing.  As I was with the missus, I was better behaved & laid off the weed (not totally but mostly).  Bought a few grams from Grey Area, just off Singel not far from Anne Frank's house.  Tiny little place but very popular & had to queue for about 20 minutes. Bought some Grey Haze (11,50 Euros) & The Dog (16,00 Euros).  I can highly recommend it & I've not even tried The Dog yet!

Beers tended to be in the 7,50 Euros a pint region, but we found a place on Nieuwmarkt (Cafe Zon) that was 5,00 Euros.  That was for a pint of Amstel.  The Jordaan area of Amsterdam is good for strolling around with some good cafes, coffeeshops, & decent scenery.  More likely to find a decent pint in that area instead of the usual draught beers.  Had a few pints of La Chouffe.

To be honest, I was expecting it to be a bit more expensive to eat & drink.  It's not cheap, but if you look around it's not too bad.

We weren't looking at Amsterdam for a weekend away, but saw this deal.  I thought I had done Amsterdam to death but it's about 10 years since I had last been.  I still love it.  I didn't do any clubbing, so I can't comment on that.  It's totally chilled out, it looks nice & everyone seems friendly.

PM me if there's anything I can help you with

Guest Col city fan

Off to Suffolk for a week on Saturday.

Has anyone been to Aldeburgh? Meant to be a pleasant little place.

And Ipswich has apparently tidied itself up?

Any info on Suffolk and places to see would be welcome.

Used  to have an Aunt and uncle live in Aldeburgh. Cannot remember much about it  I'm afraid. It was when I was school age. Remember  they had chickens and once cut the head off one and it ean about for a few moments. Alsoone of my neices had a boyfriend who was an Ipswich fan and used to brag about going tooled up at football matches and being involved in fights. Can't remember what happened to him. We just lost touch with that side of the family.

Off to Suffolk for a week on Saturday.

Has anyone been to Aldeburgh? Meant to be a pleasant little place.

And Ipswich has apparently tidied itself up?

Any info on Suffolk and places to see would be welcome.

Aldeburgh is very nice.Southwold is worth a visit.Adnams brewery and a nice town.Going back to Aldeburgh I think there is a chip shop there that people come from miles to go to but you have a good 30 min wait .How good can chips be so I didn't bother.
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I always like Col's holiday plans. Mini break in European city followed by week on the East coast - very nice Sir.

I'm back in beautiful East Anglia soon. Pitchforks at the ready.

Cheers buddy!

I'm marrying Miss Col next April so the week in Suffolk may well be the last until the honeymoon.

She's one very lucky lady.

:thumbup:

Aldeburgh is very nice.Southwold is worth a visit.Adnams brewery and a nice town.Going back to Aldeburgh I think there is a chip shop there that people come from miles to go to but you have a good 30 min wait .How good can chips be so I didn't bother.

Cheers Cambridge.

:thumbup:

I'm going Lanzorote, first time there. Not our usual destination, but going with a load of relatives and staying in a big Villa.

Love the beach, but I can't just do a beach holiday, so anyone got recommendations of what to do while there ( we are hiring a car for the duration of our stay).

I'm going Lanzorote, first time there. Not our usual destination, but going with a load of relatives and staying in a big Villa.

Love the beach, but I can't just do a beach holiday, so anyone got recommendations of what to do while there ( we are hiring a car for the duration of our stay).

Timanfaya National Park (for the bus ride round volcano as mentioned)

Mirador del Rio (lookout point at very north of island)

Cuevas de las verdes and Jameos del agua

Cesar Manrique house/foundation (Manrique was a very important artist/architect in Lanzarote)

El Golfo (has a green lake there which is pretty average, but the fish restaurants here are fantastic for lunch)

Not sure where you're staying, but Papagayo beach near Playa Blanca is the nicest on the island imo.

Can also take your car across to Fuerteventura.

Timanfaya National Park (for the bus ride round volcano as mentioned)

Mirador del Rio (lookout point at very north of island)

Cuevas de las verdes and Jameos del agua

Cesar Manrique house/foundation (Manrique was a very important artist/architect in Lanzarote)

El Golfo (has a green lake there which is pretty average, but the fish restaurants here are fantastic for lunch)

Not sure where you're staying, but Papagayo beach near Playa Blanca is the nicest on the island imo.

Can also take your car across to Fuerteventura.

Cheers, a couple of things there I haven't seen on the websites.