Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Just now, Bayfox said:

Anyone been to Cala D'or, majorca?

Due to stacking it and busting my knee, ibiza in July is off the menu, but to rebook next year is over a grand more at the moment so been looking at an alternative that's a little more akin to the refund received 

Yeah it’s decent enough. 

Just make sure you get your hotel right. In my experience certain hotels nearer the marina area are quite a long walk to the town. Some superb cove beaches. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah it’s decent enough. 

Just make sure you get your hotel right. In my experience certain hotels nearer the marina area are quite a long walk to the town. Some superb cove beaches. 

I've noticed that on my research. There's 3 really nice ones the wrong side of the marina meaning because you have to walk inland to get round it, it makes the centre and the beaches I guess you are talking about are a good treck. That sound about right? I put those in my shortlist then ruled them out for that reason. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bayfox said:

I've noticed that on my research. There's 3 really nice ones the wrong side of the marina meaning because you have to walk inland to get round it, it makes the centre and the beaches I guess you are talking about are a good treck. That sound about right? I put those in my shortlist then ruled them out for that reason. 

Yeah. You have go completely around the marina which can take a good 25 to 30 minutes. The beaches are pretty much evenly divided across that area but worth the effort. You never really feel as though it’s over ‘full’. 

The main centre is pedestrianised which really helps as well. I’d go as far to say it’s the favourite resort I’ve been in Spain. It’s not overly gimmicky despite its long history as a resort 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah. You have go completely around the marina which can take a good 25 to 30 minutes. The beaches are pretty much evenly divided across that area but worth the effort. You never really feel as though it’s over ‘full’. 

The main centre is pedestrianised which really helps as well. I’d go as far to say it’s the favourite resort I’ve been in Spain. It’s not overly gimmicky despite its long history as a resort 

Cheers. I've seen some very positive things, but I'm always a little worried when going somewhere new as I hate the thought of working all year and then not enjoying my holiday. Despite years of trying places I found ibiza and became that person who goes every year lol

15 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Cheers. I've seen some very positive things, but I'm always a little worried when going somewhere new as I hate the thought of working all year and then not enjoying my holiday. Despite years of trying places I found ibiza and became that person who goes every year lol

You’ll probably read it has a Ibiza vibe cos of the architecture - white villas 

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Anyone been throug Birmingham airport of late?  Is security still bad?  Took me 80 mins 3 weeks ago

Went through mid-April and took 2 hours to get through. Going again in July and have booked the express check in for £5. Hopefully we aren't queuing again for hours. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bayfox said:

It's not a young person's place. Nor a resort for old fogies. It's quite hard to pigeon-hole tbh. I suppose a couples place, from.mid 20s to mid 70s

I used to love it. Now I've found I've outgrown it a bit. It's pleasant but lacks edge and bars. More or less there's restaurants galore (almost all mid range) but no bars. 

But, first time visitor, a relaxed holiday vibe with pretty coves and a stylish marina to eat in front of, it'll be fine 

30 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's not a young person's place. Nor a resort for old fogies. It's quite hard to pigeon-hole tbh. I suppose a couples place, from.mid 20s to mid 70s

I used to love it. Now I've found I've outgrown it a bit. It's pleasant but lacks edge and bars. More or less there's restaurants galore (almost all mid range) but no bars. 

But, first time visitor, a relaxed holiday vibe with pretty coves and a stylish marina to eat in front of, it'll be fine 

It will only be a week in half term, so long as I can eat I can manage a beer on a terrace or balcony :thumbup:

56 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Any advice. Somewhere quiet with a beach nearby and good wifi - Within a 1 hour timezone of UK

Put this into Tripadvisor. You'll get some decent results

Edited by Parafox

On 13/06/2022 at 17:24, Paninistickers said:

I noticed that, for the first time since the brexit 'cool off period', an Eu border control couldn't be arsed to stamp me in and out last week (Germany in this case). Burocratic Weariness seems to be outweighing burocratic pettiness (which it was always going to) 

They also cba to check my vax status - a welcome improvement. As for covid tests, just make them up. I have done since summer last year. Only @z-layrex(and one other insanely clever poster on the covid thread who used to dig me out but who's name I've long forgot) are bothered. The remaining 7 billion world population couldn't give one. 

Edit...Actually, the clever covid test junkie was @Line-X. Just looked! 

Man I really got under your skin didn't I. Move on.

On 15/06/2022 at 16:47, FoxesDeb said:

Has anyone been to north Cyprus? 

I have, around 20 years ago.

I had to get a new passport to do it though, as it had stamps in from the south. 

19 minutes ago, Sly said:

I have, around 20 years ago.

I had to get a new passport to do it though, as it had stamps in from the south. 

I went to Paphos about five years ago and we went on a Taste of Cyprus tour which incorporated spots in both the south and the north. We went through a border check, but fine now to travel between the two. I can't remember the name of the town we went to in the north, which isn't very helpful, but I definitely got better vibes from the south. If anyone hasn't been before, Paphos is a fab place actually, I really enjoyed our time there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I went to Paphos about five years ago and we went on a Taste of Cyprus tour which incorporated spots in both the south and the north. We went through a border check, but fine now to travel between the two. I can't remember the name of the town we went to in the north, which isn't very helpful, but I definitely got better vibes from the south. If anyone hasn't been before, Paphos is a fab place actually, I really enjoyed our time there. 

Is Famagusta still a no go zone? 

I'm coming home next month, will be in Leicester for a week, before going to Newquay, Paris, then Norfolk.

As I've not been in Leicester for a couple of years, I'm looking to enjoy a proper curry. Any recommendations?

Annoyed I'll miss the start of the season. The last time I managed to get to the first game I had a nice pint with @Unabomber I think it was. We then went on to win the league.

• Like 1