Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

31 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I'm coming home next month, will be in Leicester for a week, before going to Newquay, Paris, then Norfolk.

As I've not been in Leicester for a couple of years, I'm looking to enjoy a proper curry. Any recommendations?

Annoyed I'll miss the start of the season. The last time I managed to get to the first game I had a nice pint with @Unabomber I think it was. We then went on to win the league.

Oh yeah good times mate. Where in Norfolk are you going?

• Like 1

Has anyone got any tips on a good travel agent to sort out a package for Vegas and Mexico , got married this year and we never get the time to book the honeymoon so looking for someone to get flights and destination all sorted but not had much luck. 

21 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Has anyone got any tips on a good travel agent to sort out a package for Vegas and Mexico , got married this year and we never get the time to book the honeymoon so looking for someone to get flights and destination all sorted but not had much luck. 

I like Virgin Holidays

I had a consultation with them, just before  COVID, for 5 nights in NYC & 6 nights in Vegas, managed to get it for around £740pp (flights & accommodation).  Stayed in Planet Hollywood for LV.

The year before, also used them to book Vegas for 1 week (4 nights Stratosphere and 3 nights in Venetian) and that cost around £650pp inc. flights.  

Worth mentioning that we went in January both times, so out of season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I like Virgin Holidays

I had a consultation with them, just before  COVID, for 5 nights in NYC & 6 nights in Vegas, managed to get it for around £740pp (flights & accommodation).  Stayed in Planet Hollywood for LV.

The year before, also used them to book Vegas for 1 week (4 nights Stratosphere and 3 nights in Venetian) and that cost around £650pp inc. flights.  

Worth mentioning that we went in January both times, so out of season. 

Wow great prices yeah I’ll give them a call tomorrow. I’ve barely been out of Europe in my life so a bit inexperienced at all this , thanks. 

On 19/06/2022 at 18:28, grth2004 said:

I booked my honeymoon through Hayes and Jarvis. They were spot on but probably on the more expensive side than other agents 

Edited by vandamman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, vandamman said:

I booked my honeymoon through Hayes and Jarvis. They were spot on but probably on the more expensive side than other agents 

Cool thanks I’ll have a look 👀 

looking at as many options as I can 

On 19/06/2022 at 18:28, grth2004 said:

Kenwood Travel are worth checking out. We had to reschedule a trip twice because of Covid and they were great each time - good price, really quick at responding. 

On 17/06/2022 at 06:30, Merging Cultures said:

I'm coming home next month, will be in Leicester for a week, before going to Newquay, Paris, then Norfolk.

As I've not been in Leicester for a couple of years, I'm looking to enjoy a proper curry. Any recommendations?

Annoyed I'll miss the start of the season. The last time I managed to get to the first game I had a nice pint with @Unabomber I think it was. We then went on to win the league.

Clowes, Portsmouth Road for the curry.

I'd suggest Paddy Martyns but I'm told it's dropped of post covid 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Just booked to go Vietnam for 2 weeks in March. 

Any tips on what to do, where to go etc?

The bit below is something I posted years ago, bear in mind I posted in 2016 so some things may have changed, particularly prices. Whatever you do though there you'll love it, its an awesome place with great food, scenery and people.

We did Ha Long Bay, Sapa and Hanoi in the North, Hue and Hoi An in the centre and HCM City and just a day trip to the Mekong Delta.

Favourite part was Sapa closely followed by Ha Long Bay. Sapa (north Vietnam - mountainous region) was amazing but it's a ball ache to get to (overnight trains from Hanoi that get you in at 5.45am/4am to Sapa/Hanoi either way).

Ha Long Bay - Boat trips, floating villages, thousands of very small islands

Sapa -Mountains and valleys, lots of walking/hiking.

Hanoi - Less developed than HCM but more authentic in my view.

Hue - Ancient capital, cool templates, near the DMZ re: Vietnam war.

Hoi An - Cool old town lit up with lanterns in the evening. Beaches 5km away. Loads of tailored clothes shop.

HCM City - More developed than anywhere else in Vietnam. The 'palace' (it's an old government building, not a palace) is interesting. Can't remember the name of the backpacker area, but if you like somewhere like Bangkok (not really my thing) you'll love it.

Mekong Delta - Cool scenery, mostly on a boat/canoe. Went to Ben Tre rather than My Son for day trip to get away from the crowd.

I don't regret anything we did but some parts felt a little less relaxed as we were always on the move so you'd really need 3 weeks.

But if you are stuck with two, weigh up what's most important for you (beaches / cities, partying etc) and then base things around that. We werent crazy for the beach so just did a day at the beach near Hoi An but there is Danang (45 mins from Hoi An) and Nha Trang (wasn't there but heard it was nice by others there) which have pretty nice beaches.

Beers are surprisingly alright there.

Internal flights are dirt cheap, we paid roughly USD25 per person per flight with Vietnam Airlines. The planes are better than any budget airline in the UK/Ireland too.

General question that I cant find a clear after for online....

If I had a flight cancelled by an airline at less than a weeks notice, got a refund from them but paid a lot more for alternative flights (about double the amount of the original flights) to get home, should I be entitled to the difference? If so, how would I go about this? One concern is that I've essentially lost my rights due to accepting the fund refund for the cancelled flights.

Anytime I've had a flight cancelled at the airport the airline would put me on alternative flights and no extra cost to me, surely the same rules apply here desipte the current travel issues?

I had travel insurance but before I even check with them no doubt they will right point me towards claiming through different means first if they can. 

On 25/06/2022 at 06:24, Nalis said:

The bit below is something I posted years ago, bear in mind I posted in 2016 so some things may have changed, particularly prices. Whatever you do though there you'll love it, its an awesome place with great food, scenery and people.

We did Ha Long Bay, Sapa and Hanoi in the North, Hue and Hoi An in the centre and HCM City and just a day trip to the Mekong Delta.

Favourite part was Sapa closely followed by Ha Long Bay. Sapa (north Vietnam - mountainous region) was amazing but it's a ball ache to get to (overnight trains from Hanoi that get you in at 5.45am/4am to Sapa/Hanoi either way).

Ha Long Bay - Boat trips, floating villages, thousands of very small islands

Sapa -Mountains and valleys, lots of walking/hiking.

Hanoi - Less developed than HCM but more authentic in my view.

Hue - Ancient capital, cool templates, near the DMZ re: Vietnam war.

Hoi An - Cool old town lit up with lanterns in the evening. Beaches 5km away. Loads of tailored clothes shop.

HCM City - More developed than anywhere else in Vietnam. The 'palace' (it's an old government building, not a palace) is interesting. Can't remember the name of the backpacker area, but if you like somewhere like Bangkok (not really my thing) you'll love it.

Mekong Delta - Cool scenery, mostly on a boat/canoe. Went to Ben Tre rather than My Son for day trip to get away from the crowd.

I don't regret anything we did but some parts felt a little less relaxed as we were always on the move so you'd really need 3 weeks.

But if you are stuck with two, weigh up what's most important for you (beaches / cities, partying etc) and then base things around that. We werent crazy for the beach so just did a day at the beach near Hoi An but there is Danang (45 mins from Hoi An) and Nha Trang (wasn't there but heard it was nice by others there) which have pretty nice beaches.

Beers are surprisingly alright there.

Internal flights are dirt cheap, we paid roughly USD25 per person per flight with Vietnam Airlines. The planes are better than any budget airline in the UK/Ireland too.

Cheers mate that's really helpful.

Think we need to weigh up if we're going to try and see as much of the country as possible or just chill and find things to do in a couple of regions (we fly to HCM City).

Can’t get away from the fking thing,,,

Going  to VAR Region in France in September

Hope I don’t have to wait for too many descisions, in restaurants or boat trips :tumbleweed:… Sai la vie..

spent a lot of time around there in my younger days…Now my son & his family,

go camping/caravan along the coast…

could be my last big holiday…So a major years target…

Anyone know if one can rent handicap mobilescooters somewhere along the coast
cote D´Azur.. Drive along the Corniche, to pss-off all the sport cars..:D

On 26/06/2022 at 13:43, walkerleeds said:

Cheers mate that's really helpful.

Think we need to weigh up if we're going to try and see as much of the country as possible or just chill and find things to do in a couple of regions (we fly to HCM City).

Nalis' information was solid- I followed a similar route based on his advice.   I would also recommend checking out Dalat- a mountain town.   There are plenty of outdoor activities in the area and there is also a bizzare palace Gaudi style worth checking out.    I also visited Ha Long Bay from Cat Ba side so it was far less crowded.   Pretty much got the area all to ourselves and others on a boat (booked with Cat Ba Ventures or something).    It requires an overnight stay on the island but I would really recommend it.  

Went in 2018 so the information above  may be out of date now! 

Anyone know the current requirements for Majorca with 2 kids under 12?

Anyone still bothering with he Covid passes etc?

Are masks still needed?

I've logged on to my Jet2 booking and every time I click the covid guideline section it goes to error 🤣

Edited by Rain King

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Anyone know the current requirements for Majorca with 2 kids under 12?

Anyone still bothering with he Covid passes etc?

Are masks still needed?

I've logged on to my Jet2 booking and every time I click the covid guideline section it goes to error 🤣

Ive just come back from Malaga, children under 12 have no restrictions when travelling to Spain. Adults have to show covid proof, and they actually checked it when i landed