Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I can't believe I didn't mention Valencia, we loved it so much we're moving about half an hour away in a couple of months time :) We were there Christmas time 2020, and I can second @Soup. We had a great time, the city has a great vibe and the weather was mild too. 

Wow sounds great, whereabouts?

9 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Out Buñol, Macastre way. Off grid on the side of a hill, but only about 40 minutes from the city :cool:

Not familiar with the area but I've just had a quick look,and Buñol in particular looks lovely. Off grid and on the side of a hill sounds ace, the dream of many people so I hope it all works out.

• Thanks 1

On 15/07/2022 at 08:44, Manini said:

Booked to go to Krakow in December. Any recommendations of places to eat drink and see much appreciated. 

Kazimierz (Jewish quarter) is a cool place to visit. 

10 min walk from the main square. Lots of nice little cafes, bars & vintage shops. I remember one bar called Hevré, still has wallpaper & some decor from a century ago........also you don't get crowds of tourists there either, so much quieter than central Krakow. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Screw having to pay to use the toilet in Paris.

I've not used cash in years and the dicks don't take cards.

Almost pissed my pants but ended up having another glass of wine at another restaurant. So ended up not being too bad. But didn't like playing chicken with my bladder.

Sat patiently downstairs whilst the whole family d*ck about thinking that we’ve got all day to the airport 

My eldest daughter thinking it’s hilarious sending me ‘airport dad’ tik toks (it’s a thing apparently) featuring stressed dads moving family along and dealing out passports at the correct moment etc…

Anyway I’ll be in a Greek Taverna later for me tea…

• Like 1

Haven't really been paying attention this summer, which seem to be the airlines having the most trouble? I got the feeling Easyjet were cancelling loads. Thinking of flying to Italy out of Stansted with Ryanair as I've heard less horror stories about those two. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Haven't really been paying attention this summer, which seem to be the airlines having the most trouble? I got the feeling Easyjet were cancelling loads. Thinking of flying to Italy out of Stansted with Ryanair as I've heard less horror stories about those two. 

I think Jet2 and Ryanair are the safest one’s. Just been with Jet2, only a minor delay on both flights.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I think Jet2 and Ryanair are the safest one’s. Just been with Jet2, only a minor delay on both flights.

Am scheduled to fly with the latter in late-August to Corfu.

Hopefully there'll be no staffing issues etc. by then.

Edited by Wymsey

On 18/07/2022 at 05:47, PAULCFC said:

In Orlando at the moment in a Disney Hotel,it's good but it's hard work seeing Mickeys face everywhere!Next time will stay on international Drive for some different food!

Always get a villa when I go, the parks are great, but to get away from it for a bit and have a drink around your own pool is good. What are the 'lines' like and how busy is the park? Hoping to go next summer if the pound recovers

On 14/07/2022 at 13:51, Voll Blau said:

Anyone who's been to both the Maldives and the Caribbean able to weigh up the pros and cons of both?

I've been to Barbados before and would love to take my missus, but at the same time I'd like to go somewhere new. If we opted for the Caribbean I'd want to do a few days in  St Lucia or Grenada, if feasible, as well as Barbados.

On 14/07/2022 at 21:18, STEVIE B said:

I was in Barbados in March (cricket). Grenada looks beautiful. I’m only going by the promo clips l saw whilst watching the test on tv. Although I’ve since heard it is lovely.
l know a couple of fellas that were in St Lucia (1st test…..sorry about the cricket references !) and they weren’t too impressed with the island, mostly all inc. hotels etc. 

I've been to St Lucia and although it was nice, I thought St Kitts was nicer, ditto Antigua. Guadalupe and Martinique are also very nice. Liked Barbados. Personally, didn't like Jamaica at all. We've cruised a good selection of islands and done land holidays to a few. Maldives always look stunning but never found a competitively priced deal so always end up either in the Caribbean or cruising, usually double the holiday for the same money.  To be honest, one palm fringed tropical island is much like the next.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

All the people who voted for a hard border with France appear to be awfully miffed that they got a hard border with France.

I love the way that leavers say the delays are nothing to do with brexit.  I mean just own your position - it’s not a case of right or wrong  - it’s just an inevitable consequence of checking everyone’s passport in detail. There is no argument. 

some things will be positive (surely there are some ?) and some will be negative. This is one of the negatives ….

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I love the way that leavers say the delays are nothing to do with brexit.  I mean just own your position - it’s not a case of right or wrong  - it’s just an inevitable consequence of checking everyone’s passport in detail. There is no argument. 

some things will be positive (surely there are some ?) and some will be negative. This is one of the negatives ….

Time to dig out an Irish Granny…. Fortunately for me I have one!!!

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did they not check passports when leaving / entering from Uk when we were in the EU then?

12 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Did they not check passports when leaving / entering from Uk when we were in the EU then?

Some cars they’d just wave through 

others they would stop for a cursory glance at the photos and the people 

but now they have to check everything including whether you’ve stayed more then your allowance of days in the EU. 

So what took 30 seconds now takes a couple minutes at least 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Some cars they’d just wave through 

others they would stop for a cursory glance at the photos and the people 

but now they have to check everything including whether you’ve stayed more then your allowance of days in the EU. 

So what took 30 seconds now takes a couple minutes at least 

Ok it has been years & years since I been on the ferry, just assumed it was the same as flying or Eurostar which stays the same 👍 

51 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Ok it has been years & years since I been on the ferry, just assumed it was the same as flying or Eurostar which stays the same 👍 

Dover ferry, Eurostar and eurotunnel all have French immigration in the U.K. and vice versa on return journey 

I haven’t been on Eurostar since Jan 1 this year when things really changed 

they always used to check my passport but I didn’t notice them making any detailed checks on their computer 

flying - all immigration control is at the destination so not the same 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

key change is your not allowed through the electronic gates…. I have been through Schipol twice recently and had to wait in the daft queue for 30+ mins whilst all other Europeans breeze through the E gates…. They also need to stamp your passport 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Eurostar has changed…. At gare du nord I went to a separate queue last week and I they stamp your passport after the e gate

• Like 1