Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

If you Drive through Europe

# do you have Toll-pre-paid-chip...

#do you have CO2 Emission plaquets

# do you find your car Too heavy,with so many systems plaquettes & chips....So much for EU-working for the Common man

Drive to then , from Holland,through Germany & hitting France,then Switzerland  .Take a Trip to Spain & Portugal, return to Switzwerland,

Swerve into Austria, then blanch through Italy & post a few Trips around the Croatia ,and her neighbours....Then return hitting eventually Belguim

then see how Europe copererates with each other going through & over each pompos crettin borders..

I usually have These prepared,But if you Dont know & a Cop stops you.....How fit are you in preventing what Now is an automatic-fine...???

Coincidentally..Only since Corona, the CO2  emissions fines, excuses are Not Good enough,

Now not having paid your Toll  for the journey can be tiresome..

( Chipcards /Vignette can make your journey easier...)

I have always organized the plaquettes or badges,But I am quite fed up of...the question why..??? Ich

Not even AA,ADACc  can get their Act & work together...

Only in the last few years,you could find a tankstop /Petrol-Station open Late at Night in France that would Take Money or Foreign Visa card..

Italy/France Their Toll-stations were a catastrophy...though Now easier..

Anybody have problems...??

Got five nights in Barbados and five nights in Saint Lucia booked for our honeymoon in January.

Going all inclusive with Sandals at the latter. Never done it before but I'm determined to get my money's worth, even if I have to hit the rum every day from 6.30am to do it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hit me with it; is East Mids chaos in the mornings or not too bad?

My children have flown out of East Mids a few times since all the chaos started, including since the school summer holidays, and it's been absolutely fine. Admittedly they only bring hand luggage and I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but it's never been anywhere like the scenes we've seen from other uk airports, just business as usual. 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We were the first flight out on Monday so can't comment too much but all seemed fine after us. Queues for a pint were pretty bad upstairs though, not so bad downstairs. 

We have decided to throw caution to the wind and do three weeks somewhere long haul in November. 

Currently looking like Vietnam (I've been before the other half hasn't) but feck me flights are outrageous compared to when we went to South Africa just before the pandemic.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

We have decided to throw caution to the wind and do three weeks somewhere long haul in November. 

Currently looking like Vietnam (I've been before the other half hasn't) but feck me flights are outrageous compared to when we went to South Africa just before the pandemic.  

3 weeks is a long time and you could fit quite a few countries in. I'd look at Argentina - colombia - uruguay or something of that ilk. Decent deals around South America right now

54 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

3 weeks is a long time and you could fit quite a few countries in. I'd look at Argentina - colombia - uruguay or something of that ilk. Decent deals around South America right now

Colombia is on the list tbh. 

We've done a lot of travelling over the years and prefer to do one place a bit more leisurely than move between multiple countries.  Not that Vietnam in 3 weeks is that leisurely imo. 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2022 at 09:05, Lako42 said:

Flight price seem to have gone mad this week. We disembark a cruise in Malaga, April 2023. Looked at flights to EMA, £72pp. Normally we stay for a few extra days wherever we disembark, but not sure if we're bothered about Malaga. Decided to think about it for a couple of days, flights are now £225pp. WTF!

On 27/07/2022 at 15:06, FoxesDeb said:

My children have flown out of East Mids a few times since all the chaos started, including since the school summer holidays, and it's been absolutely fine. Admittedly they only bring hand luggage and I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but it's never been anywhere like the scenes we've seen from other uk airports, just business as usual. 

I haven't been but a few people I know have and I can confirm the above. East Mids seems to be on top of their schedule.

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Meals are cheap but we’ve found restaurant beer/wine to be quite expensive, 5€ for a beer and 15-17€ for vino verde.

Still not bad for a capital city though.

As for the Pasteis De Nata, they are superb! 

I hope you’ve been eating Bifana for lunch as lush.

Also the real burger joint (Honorato Rio) in a parade of restaurants (next to Mcd’s) by the aquarium/oceanarium also really really good, 

Aquarium not bad for a whizz round either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Currently in Lisbon, what an amazing city, beautiful weather and a mixture of site-seeing and the beach, definitely recommend a visit 

An amazing city…. Get yourself along to Sintra if you have time…

On 27/07/2022 at 13:46, Voll Blau said:

Got five nights in Barbados and five nights in Saint Lucia booked for our honeymoon in January.

Going all inclusive with Sandals at the latter. Never done it before but I'm determined to get my money's worth, even if I have to hit the rum every day from 6.30am to do it.

We were on the beach next to The Sandals St Lucia in March, it looked amazing and the beach was lovely and the sea so warm! 

• Like 1

On 27/07/2022 at 11:01, Cardiff_Fox said:

Other half works out of there, generally pretty decent compared to most airports I think. Shit options for food and drink though.

Just got back from Mauritius and the hotel we were meant to stay at had burnt down! 

So we stayed at a different one. It’s was okay, albeit a bit windy! Next is New York at Christmas I think! 

12 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Flights booked

Fly out to Hanoi late Aug and back from Saigon (HMC) Mid November. 

Now just to sort everything in-between, which I love doing. 

I'm very envious, I'd love to go. Looking forward to hearing all about it :)