Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

52 minutes ago, bovril said:

Flying out of Stansted on Tuesday for the first time since pre pandemic. Anyone done it recently? How's it looking in terms of waiting times? Seems to have settled down after the disasters earlier this summer. 

It’s settled down a lot now…. You’ll be fine, but allow two hours so you don’t feel anxious !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Going Vienna for a 2 days on weds. Looks bland. Any tips? 

There's a big outdoor food market,  think it's called Naschmarket. Loads of local delicacies. 

It's only about a hour train ride from Vienna to Bratislava if you want to add another city. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Been 3 times. Twice with Ryanair from EMA and once with Sleasyjet from Luton. 

Did you stay in the centre, near Las Ramblas?

Loads of hotel options.

It's still a decent city to visit isnt it?

4 minutes ago, isaidno said:

There's a big outdoor food market,  think it's called Naschmarket. Loads of local delicacies. 

It's only about a hour train ride from Vienna to Bratislava if you want to add another city. 

Thanks. Damn just noticed how near Bratislava is!!! I’m ‘working’ remotely out there so won’t have enough time to tag on another city, although would’ve loved to! 

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Loads of hotel options.

Used to go out there for work a lot. Brilliant city, alongside Lisbon and Berlin easily the best in Europe. Wouldn’t stay at the Ramblas though, too touristy and known for muggings, at least that’s what I was told by my local colleagues when I used to go  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Raj said:

Loads of hotel options.

Loads to do . 2 football stadiums, a beach and marina, cathedral,  Gaudis Park. Last time I went in December and stayed near the Cathedral.  Went in May for the F1 and hired an apartment near the beach for a week.  Public transport really cheap and reliable too. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I think you have a search on here you’ll find some advice I threaded together when someone asked on. If you are into history, the War (Arsenal) Museum is a must - Franz Ferdinand’s jacket and car! 

I really loved it around Spittelberg and Neubau for food/drinks. Amerling Beisl was a lovely restaurant come bar. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, isaidno said:

We did a 5 day trip to Bratislava/Vienna a few years back. Was very good, Bratislava was very cheap in comparison.

I do like the grand buildings in Vienna but it's a bit too posh for me at times (or Royal rather).

17 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

If castles are your thing, Schoenbrunn is nice (also depends on available time if working). Otherwise just wander around the city, have some local food and beer (always a good backup).

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We did a 5 day trip to Bratislava/Vienna a few years back. Was very good, Bratislava was very cheap in comparison.

I do like the grand buildings in Vienna but it's a bit too posh for me at times (or Royal rather).

If castles are your thing, Schoenbrunn is nice (also depends on available time if working). Otherwise just wander around the city, have some local food and beer (always a good backup).

Definitely, looked up some local food and beer spots that i will visit. Kicking myself that i did not look at a map and realise how near Bratislava is. Europe is so cheap and easy to do i never do much more organisation than booking the flight about a week or so in advance, checking in then getting to the city and asking someone what to do. Clearly that hasn't worked out for us this time.

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

Just slapped down the cash for me and the wife to go see some top ping pong ball action. If Rodgers hasn’t been sacked by then, I’ll hand deliver him to King Power HQ in my suitcase. 

Phuk et or Bang cock?

24 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Going Budapest for a few days start of October any recommendations for food and attractions? 

Take a decent pair of shoes and walk to most places. The szechenyi baths (but maybe look at less busy spa’s), House of Terror, Margaret Island for a walk. Best bars are always the ruin bars, Szimpla Kert being the best. Loads of good food options around the Jewish Quarter and with it being October, Goulash served into a bread roll bowl should be a treat. The central market is great for food too. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Raj said:

Anyone been to catch a game at FC Barcas Nou camp?

We are planning a trip in half term and they play Virrariol.

It's about 34€ cheapest tickets, just wanted to know anything in advance.

Yes, although it was about 5 years ago. I seem to recall it was quite a walk, after alighting public transport. Wrap up if the weather isn't good, it's open to the elements and there was a cold breeze, even in the middle seats. Which are very uncomfortable and small. It was worth the visit.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Raj said:

Anyone been to catch a game at FC Barcas Nou camp?

We are planning a trip in half term and they play Virrariol.

It's about 34€ cheapest tickets, just wanted to know anything in advance.

Yeah a couple of times I saw Deportivo La curuna stuff ‘em 4-2 and a boring 0-0 v espanyol 

It’s not tricky to get to and plenty of bars about…. 

Be careful with the location…. I was up in the gods on the third tier for the espanyol game and needed binoculars really…. Pay a couple of quid more and get closer to where the core support/ action is…

• Like 1