Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Yeah a couple of times I saw Deportivo La curuna stuff ‘em 4-2 and a boring 0-0 v espanyol 

It’s not tricky to get to and plenty of bars about…. 

Be careful with the location…. I was up in the gods on the third tier for the espanyol game and needed binoculars really…. Pay a couple of quid more and get closer to where the core support/ action is…

I seconded this

My wife got tickets as a birthday present and we were also seated in same area which were full of tourists filming everything on their phone including a bloke who appeared to facetime his entire contact list to show off.   The atmosphere was non existent.   It was still spine tingling to enter the stadium from the concourse although so do not let me put you off!  

Edited by The Blur

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Yeah a couple of times I saw Deportivo La curuna stuff ‘em 4-2 and a boring 0-0 v espanyol 

Be careful with the location…. I was up in the gods on the third tier for the espanyol game and needed binoculars really…. Pay a couple of quid more and get closer to where the core support/ action is…

Yes I totally agree. From the Gods the players will look like Subbuteo figures, they're so far away.  The seating rises quite steeply for each Tier.

The Trophy Cabinets on the concourses behind each Tier is a nice touch. I think they're replica Cups etc.

13 hours ago, Wolfox said:

They do a 2nd gold upper for 49€.

Which for us would be 196€, no kids concession.

Suppose it's a one off event

• Like 1

On 12/09/2022 at 09:31, grobyfox1990 said:

Add to the masses who’ve been to the nou camp and sat in the gods amongst hordes of tourists. But in a completely worth it wherever you sit. The stadium is absolutely amazing, pops up like a spaceship in a residential area. Most annoying thing for me was the circa 10pm kick off. 

The San Siro is even better for this. Rare occasion of expectations being met. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2022 at 09:31, grobyfox1990 said:

Add to the masses who’ve been to the nou camp and sat in the gods amongst hordes of tourists. But in a completely worth it wherever you sit. The stadium is absolutely amazing, pops up like a spaceship in a residential area. Most annoying thing for me was the circa 10pm kick off. 

I did the top tier on purposely to take in the sheer size of the stadium. Was a little far away but I wanted that experience if that makes sense.

FB_IMG_1663077180419.jpg

• Like 3

We are having an unexpected few nights in Malaga, as we disembark a ship on the Saturday and flights to EMA are £300 each. If we stay until Tuesday, it's £100. Rather spend the £400 difference enjoying ourselves in Malaga. Any recommendations for sightseeing?

We are looking at going to NYC for our honeymoon next September. We were meant to go March 2020 but that obviously fell off. We would want to make it special and combine with another city in America that is nearby. The obvious one would be Boston or maybe Philadelphia but does anyone have any recommendations or advise? Cheers. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

We are looking at going to NYC for our honeymoon next September. We were meant to go March 2020 but that obviously fell off. We would want to make it special and combine with another city in America that is nearby. The obvious one would be Boston or maybe Philadelphia but does anyone have any recommendations or advise? Cheers. 

I would recommend Washington. Been twice and loved it.

33 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We are having an unexpected few nights in Malaga, as we disembark a ship on the Saturday and flights to EMA are £300 each. If we stay until Tuesday, it's £100. Rather spend the £400 difference enjoying ourselves in Malaga. Any recommendations for sightseeing?

Absolutely. Big hill, Picasso museum, bullring, el pimpi and el tintero restaurants. Did a few days there at the end of June. Surprisingly good 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Christ next September is a long way off and a lot can change in that time. Philadelphia for the Rocky steps, short flight up to buffalo to see the Niagara Falls. I used to work in Washington which is an excellent city to be a tourist 

41 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The cathedral, the castle, Picasso museum, amphitheatre, bull ring, there's loads to see. The beaches are great, too, and the weather here is still in the 30's :)

37 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I see Grobyfox has given you an answer.  However if you want to go slightly afield I would take a look at the Caminito del Rey which is about 25 miles away from Malaga.

Last time I looked there were about three return train trips from Malaga’s Maria Zambrano to El Chorro which is right by the exit to the walk (fascinating train journey too) and about €8 a ticket.

If you take this option I would highly recommend you book a ticket with entry time for the walk (allowing time to get to entrance - I caged a lift when I did it which was about 6/7 mins).

Enjoy your unexpected break anyway - lovely city

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The cathedral, the castle, Picasso museum, amphitheatre, bull ring, there's loads to see. The beaches are great, too, and the weather here is still in the 30's :)

Thanks. We've been twice before, just for the day and had a brief look in the town, Cathedral and up in the mountains. Both trips were Oct, the weather was miserable :( The next trip is mid-April, so not expecting days on the beach but hopefully nicer.

We have booked Paris in April and it's going to be my first time abroad since having our child. Going on the eurostar to avoid airports for our first time away with him.

Going to Northumberland in May and Cyprus in September as well.

Probably have so more long weekends away during the summer while it's nice enough here.

4 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

I see Grobyfox has given you an answer.  However if you want to go slightly afield I would take a look at the Caminito del Rey which is about 25 miles away from Malaga.

Last time I looked there were about three return train trips from Malaga’s Maria Zambrano to El Chorro which is right by the exit to the walk (fascinating train journey too) and about €8 a ticket.

If you take this option I would highly recommend you book a ticket with entry time for the walk (allowing time to get to entrance - I caged a lift when I did it which was about 6/7 mins).

Enjoy your unexpected break anyway - lovely city

Just googled that. Not in a month of Sundays am I going there :jawdrop:

I thank you for this tip but :jawdrop:   I get a bit queasy on a step stool...........:)

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Christ next September is a long way off and a lot can change in that time. Philadelphia for the Rocky steps, short flight up to buffalo to see the Niagara Falls. I used to work in Washington which is an excellent city to be a tourist 

I know but it will soon come around. Thanks for that.

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I know but it will soon come around. Thanks for that.

Yes sorry no offence I did not mean a lot can change personally, but with the city, Nyc like London is an ever changing place, loads of options and new things popping up and multiple daily flights so incredibly easy to get to. Don’t plan too much, enjoy the ride! 

3 hours ago, slymunn said:

I did the top tier on purposely to take in the sheer size of the stadium. Was a little far away but I wanted that experience if that makes sense.

FB_IMG_1663077180419.jpg

Jesus,  I think I'd be scared that far up!!!

Looks  bloody amazing though!!!