Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, stretch1965 said:

Looking at a Caribbean cruise next July  for a special wedding anniversary that should have took place during covid.

Never done one before any tips would be appreciated especially while on board.

Thanks

Love a cruise. Where are you sailing to and who with? Every cruise line has differences. 

Booked flights to go to Krakow in March with my Dad but due to unforeseen circumstances we are now unable to go and have no idea when we'll be able to go. EasyJet will not cancel and refund.

It's a long shot I know but I don't suppose there is anyone on here that would be interested in buying them off me?

Flying out from Luton to Krakow

9th March @ 7:10

Flying back from Krakow to Luton 

12th March @ 16:45

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Can't handle or stand the smell taste of vodka

Honestly, Polish vodka is a gift. I would never drink the stuff we have over here neat but that’s all I’ll drink over there. Probably why I get in such a mess as well tbf

• Like 1

Anyone know the best way to go about getting decent rates on Caribbean currency these days? Been 11 years since I was in Barbados and the advice I got at the time was to withdraw cash over there as I'd get a better rate.

Also looking for tips on staying at Sandals resorts. Never done it before and lounging about at an all-inclusive has never been my style, but it's our honeymoon so we're treating ourselves to five days at a resort in St Lucia. Still planning to get out and about away from the hotel though. :D

Heading to Rome on a bit of a cheap last minute deal on Monday for 4 nights in the Trestevere area, only just realised we are bit away from the main tourist area?

Bit of a long shot but are we still walkable from the sights? Or are we having to negotiate the Italian train system when embarrassingly we don't know a word of Italian between us lol

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Anyone know the best way to go about getting decent rates on Caribbean currency these days? Been 11 years since I was in Barbados and the advice I got at the time was to withdraw cash over there as I'd get a better rate.

Also looking for tips on staying at Sandals resorts. Never done it before and lounging about at an all-inclusive has never been my style, but it's our honeymoon so we're treating ourselves to five days at a resort in St Lucia. Still planning to get out and about away from the hotel though. :D

We've always just used US$ in the Caribbean (except the French territories) - no idea if that involved the best exchange rate, but then we spent little, only ever bought snacks and drinks on day trips.

• Thanks 1

On 07/12/2022 at 18:04, Soup said:

Going to Berlin in February for 3 nights. Got a gig lined up but anyone got any tips on interesting things to do in the city?  

Go around Kreusberg…. It’s easily the best area of Berlin…. Cool bars and a hippy vibe!

Enjoy a meal here and thank me later https://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Restaurant-search/Berlin-10969-Long_March_Canteen-uk0fo6k7

On 07/12/2022 at 17:56, DerbyshireFox said:

Any tips/recommendations for Lisbon. Booked for start of February for 4 nights. Looks lots to do. 

Get the cable car to the top of the town and around the palace at the top

day trip to Sintra but pick the right castiles to go to

est great food and watch the world go by

32 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Heading to Rome on a bit of a cheap last minute deal on Monday for 4 nights in the Trestevere area, only just realised we are bit away from the main tourist area?

Bit of a long shot but are we still walkable from the sights? Or are we having to negotiate the Italian train system when embarrassingly we don't know a word of Italian between us lol

The tram system is easy to use and pretty reliable 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

You’ve accidentally pulled a blinder there.

Trestevere is far calmer - more ideal for a drink and meal at night. There’s a tram - number 8 links the district to the city. You can walk it yes - had to do it post match after our game at Olimpico 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/12/2022 at 17:04, Soup said:

Going to Berlin in February for 3 nights. Got a gig lined up but anyone got any tips on interesting things to do in the city?  

Walk the East Side Gallery eastbound from the Ostbahnhof and then go for schnitzel at a little locals cafe called Scheers Schnitzel when you're at the other end, then cross over the bridge to the area around Schlesisches Tor U-Bahn station. Lots of little cool bars round there.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2022 at 17:04, Soup said:

Personally enjoyed walking down Bernauer Strasse with the Berlin Wall Museum - it's not a museum, ie. it's all open air with remaining bits of wall, markers for tunnels, there is a mock neutral zone. Not too far from MauerPark and the stadium where Dynamo Berlin play. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Most stuff is walkable from Trastevere. If you get the tram make sure you get a ticket from the news kiosks or risk getting fined by over zealous inspectors....Stick around Trastevere at night though - loads of bars and restaurants and really atmospheric

• Thanks 1

On 08/12/2022 at 09:20, Wrighty22 said:

Booked flights to go to Krakow in March with my Dad but due to unforeseen circumstances we are now unable to go and have no idea when we'll be able to go. EasyJet will not cancel and refund.

It's a long shot I know but I don't suppose there is anyone on here that would be interested in buying them off me?

Flying out from Luton to Krakow

9th March @ 7:10

Flying back from Krakow to Luton 

12th March @ 16:45

A price will help 

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2022 at 17:04, Voll Blau said:

Monzo or similar, and a halifax clarity mastercard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to Dormy house last week in the Cotswolds, been a cpl of times. Such a great place to go away and unwind for a cpl of nights. Not a holiday as such but a decent weekend away. Broadway a cpl of miles away, right near Daylesford farm and shop etc

We are off Palma, Majorca on Friday for 5 nights 

Never been to the city despite many trips to the island. Got some great restaurants booked and plenty to do during the day.

Will post some stuff when we are back and must say I’m looking forward to some lovely weather ( between 18 to 20 centigrade the whole time) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Thinking about Croatia in May but also wanted a little city break in Feb potentially. Was thinking Dublin or Edinburgh. Any recommendations welcome

If I was thinking of a city break in Feb I'd probably go for somewhere warm like Malaga or Faro. If you can get cheap enough flights it will probably cost the same if not less once you take into account the cheaper accommodation, food and drink, plus you get about 15 degrees more warmth :) 

• Thanks 1