Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Sorry pressed send too quickly on earlier message. Think we paid $90 each (group of 4), loads of tickets available (only purchased on morning of game) and it was generally all very very easy. Like with most yank sports the concession prices are absurd so eat and drink before you get in

Yeah I was expecting about that much, cool, appreciate the heads up. I guess thinking about it they play like 3 times a week don’t they so imagine the demand is spread quite nicely. Just need to hope they’re not on the road when we’re there now! 

• Like 1

Ticket prices for American sports are fluid dependent on popularity - you could literally be sat next to someone whose paid less or substantially more dependent on how well the tickets were selling at purchase. A lot depends on form and opposition (by default the star player for them) 

Knicks at MSG can be higher than normal demand - like pre buyout Newcastle. Their fans are getting tiresome of their owner, so it’s relatively easy at the moment 

Edited by CosbehFox

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Any Budapest recommendations? Going as a family for my mum's birthday this month.

Budapest is great. We did the HoHo bus to cover the major sights. Highly recommend an evening river cruise and the spa. And beer is about 50p a gallon, or it was when we went.

• Like 1

For Budapest try the pinball museum @stadt . £9.00 . 130 machines all free to play. Has air hockey, table football, video games too. 

Edited by isaidno
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Milo said:

Cheeky little cruise booked for Easter

Was looking at Center Parcs but the cost was just stupid.

Cruise deal came through that fits the bill perfectly   :trumpet:   

Where abouts are you cruising mate and who do you book with?

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Where abouts are you cruising mate and who do you book with?

It's the absolute definition of a mini cruise - just to get away, really. 

Only 5 nights, so can't really get too far! - going to Bruges and overnight in Amsterdam. 

Might have a mooch in Amsterdam, but really going for the ship rather than the ports - been on there a couple of times and it's fab. Loads to do for the kids and nice bars and restaurants for me!

Fancy it? :P  

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

Only 5 nights, so can't really get too far! - going to Bruges and overnight in Amsterdam. 

Might have a mooch in Amsterdam, but really going for the ship rather than the ports - been on there a couple of times and it's fab. Loads to do for the kids and nice bars and restaurants for me!

Sounds perfect mate. We've got a week off together at Easter so something like this sounds ideal.

Who do you book with?

14 minutes ago, Milo said:

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Sounds perfect mate. We've got a week off together at Easter so something like this sounds ideal.

Who do you book with?

And you're definitely just going to Amsterdam for the bars and restaurants?

18 hours ago, Milo said:

Cheeky little cruise booked for Easter

Was looking at Center Parcs but the cost was just stupid.

Cruise deal came through that fits the bill perfectly   :trumpet:   

Try CP in October as the half term week or weekend is cheaper as Leicestershire half term is different to the rest of the country. Think I got 3 nights for £950, normally its closer to £2k

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Try CP in October as the half term week or weekend is cheaper as Leicestershire half term is different to the rest of the country. Think I got 3 nights for £950, normally its closer to £2k

I've not been CP for years is it really £2k for three nights ? Bloody hell. 

21 hours ago, Stadt said:

Any Budapest recommendations? Going as a family for my mum's birthday this month.

Do the free walking tour that departs from the square where Hard Rock Cafe is. Definitely go swimming at Szechenyi Baths too, especially for the Soviet-era underground line you ride to get there!

Szimpla Kert, or any ruin bar, is worth visiting. Another nice trip is to take the tram along the river past the Hungarian Parliament to Princess Margaret Island, which is a great place for a walk.

41 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Anyone ever been to either Vilnius or Bratislava?

Done the latter as a day trip from Vienna. Cheap pilsner everywhere we went and, again, went for the free walking tour. The castle on the hill's worth looking round.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Anyone ever been to either Vilnius or Bratislava?

I did a weekend in Bratislava with the lads - highly recommend the KGB Pub in the centre, feels dodgy asf as you're going in and downstairs and also had a smell of old cigars but was a great atmosphere and a great selection of beers on.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Done the latter as a day trip from Vienna. Cheap pilsner everywhere we went and, again, went for the free walking tour. The castle on the hill's worth looking round.

3 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I did a weekend in Bratislava with the lads - highly recommend the KGB Pub in the centre, feels dodgy asf as you're going in and downstairs and also had a smell of old cigars but was a great atmosphere and a great selection of beers on.

Cheers both! Cheap as anything to fly from Leeds Bradford and always been tempted

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stadt said:

Try the peach Palinka. Dreher is also a beer you’ll see a lot of. A very standard foreign pilsner but does the job nicely. 

I’d love to be able to give recommendations on things to do, but I went with a group of blokes who wanted to drink in Irish bars and eat burgers all weekend.

I think there’s a hill you can climb on the Buda side of the river, apparently amazing views. I was really taken back by the architecture in Budapest, the Parliament building is stunning. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Cheers both! Cheap as anything to fly from Leeds Bradford and always been tempted

17s Bar on the main square had massive and tasty pizzas, as well as a good selection behind the bar. You'll probably find cheaper places beer-wise, but even then it was still only like €1.50 a pint.