Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Anyone ever been to either Vilnius or Bratislava?

Went Bratislava a few years back (maybe 7 years ago now, it was when we loved to go 2 goals down and end up winning or drawing). Really liked it, quite rustic/traditional. Was fairly cheap as well and cuisine very much Southern German/Austrian style, bread, meat, potatoes etc.

Bratislava is also very close to Vienna (hour on the train or you can go down the river by boat too, latter probably a bit more expensive). We did 5 days, flew in and out of Bratislava but also had 2/3 days in Vienna. So it's ideal to do a multi-city break.

• Thanks 1

On 07/01/2023 at 12:14, Raj said:

Looking for 5 days in Easter.

Got it down to either Lisbon or Athens..

Anyone been to either?

Only been to Athens but I loved it. The place is huge. Went up a hill (Lycabettus) and you get an amazing view over Athens which gives you an idea of how huge the place really is.

Athens combines historic with more modern elements although fundamentally, it is very ancient and I loved that. Really enjoy greek cuisine too. Would definitely recommend Athens.

• Thanks 1

We've booked to go back to Portugal for the October half term, same place as last 2 years. We did look at other options but it was hard to find anything much cheaper and we loved the place. Great food, great location, good weather, kids love it. Just ticks all the boxes. 6 nights all inclusive for around £1,850, family of 4.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Went Bratislava a few years back (maybe 7 years ago now, it was when we loved to go 2 goals down and end up winning or drawing). Really liked it, quite rustic/traditional. Was fairly cheap as well and cuisine very much Southern German/Austrian style, bread, meat, potatoes etc.

Bratislava is also very close to Vienna (hour on the train or you can go down the river by boat too, latter probably a bit more expensive). We did 5 days, flew in and out of Bratislava but also had 2/3 days in Vienna. So it's ideal to do a multi-city break.

Cheers brother, done Vienna before, reckon it'd just be an in / out job!

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We've booked to go back to Portugal for the October half term, same place as last 2 years. We did look at other options but it was hard to find anything much cheaper and we loved the place. Great food, great location, good weather, kids love it. Just ticks all the boxes. 6 nights all inclusive for around £1,850, family of 4.

Whereabouts in Portugal pal?

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Cheers brother, done Vienna before, reckon it'd just be an in / out job!

Vienna in 1 day? It's possible, get in early, come back late, all depends what you want to do there. As it's only an hour on a train it's like doing a day trip to London. As you've been before it might be worth staying more in Bratislava. Definitely cheaper in Slovakia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Vienna in 1 day? It's possible, get in early, come back late, all depends what you want to do there. As it's only an hour on a train it's like doing a day trip to London. As you've been before it might be worth staying more in Bratislava. Definitely cheaper in Slovakia.

Na man I just meant in / out of Slovakia! Loved Vienna but in no mad rush to go again.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Any recommendations for Casablanca or Tangier? Have a day in both. Most likely to just have a wander and explore, unless anyone has any hot tips.

No hot tips but just try and take it all in, both places are quite overwhelming, but in a good way. Casablanca is the more cosmopolitan of the two, from memory, Tangier is more traditional Morocco, better markets in Tangier.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I appreciate that this is absolutely textbook but I think I’m going to Amsterdam on my stag. Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas on things to do? That is besides the hookers and weed. Thanks 

There are tulips, but think you've pretty much covered the main highlights :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I appreciate that this is absolutely textbook but I think I’m going to Amsterdam on my stag. Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas on things to do? That is besides the hookers and weed. Thanks 

Can hire a boat and booze along the canals for a couple of hours :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

The Van Gogh museum is very good. Free to get in if i remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Menorca?

Looking at that in Easter maybe.

We stopped in Cala Bosch last September which was a chilled out family resort built around a harbour, probably going back again later this year. 

We didn’t explore the rest of the island I’m afraid!

9 hours ago, vandamman said:

We stopped in Cala Bosch last September which was a chilled out family resort built around a harbour, probably going back again later this year. 

We didn’t explore the rest of the island I’m afraid!

Not sure if it will be TOO quiet in Easter April?

Always fancied Menorca and cheap flight from.EMA compared to other places.

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Got a week booked off early march so want to go away for 4/5 days. Quite fancy a cold/snowy place with great scenery so either Tromso in Norway, Switzerland or Austria. Any recommendations? 

Yorkshire.😁

• Haha 1