Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

3 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Got a week booked off early march so want to go away for 4/5 days. Quite fancy a cold/snowy place with great scenery so either Tromso in Norway, Switzerland or Austria. Any recommendations? 

Tromso is nice, only went for the day but a lovely town. Norway is stunning. Expensive but stunning.

55 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Tromso is nice, only went for the day but a lovely town. Norway is stunning. Expensive but stunning.

We went for 3 days which was plenty. Outside of the northern lights and sledding type activities we didn't think there was much there. The most expensive town in an expensive country was painful on the wallet!

1 hour ago, kenny said:

We went for 3 days which was plenty. Outside of the northern lights and sledding type activities we didn't think there was much there. The most expensive town in an expensive country was painful on the wallet!

Also this though. I was there for 2 nights and didn’t do much outside of Northern Lights activities and went up the cable car to see the city from above.

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Also this though. I was there for 2 nights and didn’t do much outside of Northern Lights activities and went up the cable car to see the city from above.

MVIMG_20200119_135749.thumb.jpg.f198803edee955c863b5fdb42bf063d4.jpg

The dog sledding was particularly good fun though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kenny said:

MVIMG_20200119_135749.thumb.jpg.f198803edee955c863b5fdb42bf063d4.jpg

The dog sledding was particularly good fun though.

I did that in Sweden. Turned up expecting to be sat on the sled but ended up having to control the crazy bastards on my own. Incredible experience.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2023 at 17:30, Unabomber said:

I appreciate that this is absolutely textbook but I think I’m going to Amsterdam on my stag. Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas on things to do? That is besides the hookers and weed. Thanks 

I'm looking at Amsterdam for late May but can't seem to find any cheap flights currently.

The airline emailed to say they've changed our homeward-bound flight, from 12:15 to 22:10. Not great. Day with suitcases or faffing to find storage. They offered to move the flight for no extra charge, but when the outbound flight had to change, we didn't get a refund of the £5 difference. So I've cancelled the booking. Rebooked the 10:25 flight instead and rather than it cost £255 it's now £155. Not unhappy now :)

59 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

What month was this in? Hoping it still snows early march! 

That's January. The northern lights season is fairly short, so you have ylto check when the best chance of seeing them is.

Even then it's pot luck.

Just now, kenny said:

That's January. The northern lights season is fairly short, so you have ylto check when the best chance of seeing them is.

Even then it's pot luck.

Thanks. Ive already seen the northern lights in Iceland so not particularly fussed about that. Just wanted to do dog/reindeer sledding, whale watching and snowmobiling 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thanks. Ive already seen the northern lights in Iceland so not particularly fussed about that. Just wanted to do dog/reindeer sledding, whale watching and snowmobiling 

We were there on 30th May, there was still plenty of snow up in the mountains. Highly recommend snowmobiling. We didn't do it in Norway, but it's great fun.

Tromso 1.jpg

Tromso 2.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thanks for that. Any restaurant recommendations/bars? 

Sorry, we were on the cruise ship in pic 2 so didn't drink or dine anywhere. Ideal for Norway is a cruise, eat and drink onboard, avoid paying £15 a drink in a Norwegian bar but enjoy the country lol

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone been to Hong Kong? Going on business, not a holiday, only for the weekend before we go into China (easiest route in atm). Any recommendations to cram into a saturday and sunday following a 12 hour flight... 

yes and  it’s crap, weekend for business is how I did it and it’s not worthy of anything more. Hike into the mountains is good, boat tour maybe. Food is obviously great, Mora (may have got the name wrong) is decent. I can imagine it’s only got worse after recent Chinese actions 

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:
6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone been to Hong Kong? Going on business, not a holiday, only for the weekend before we go into China (easiest route in atm). Any recommendations to cram into a saturday and sunday following a 12 hour flight... 

yes and  it’s crap, weekend for business is how I did it and it’s not worthy of anything more. Hike into the mountains is good, boat tour maybe. Food is obviously great, Mora (may have got the name wrong) is decent. I can imagine it’s only got worse after recent Chinese actions 

I just need something to do with a collegue other than eating and drinking.....but I suspect it will just be eating and drinking! Some decent scran before we decend into the culinery nightmare that is China.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:
3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Disappointing to hear. We were booked to go and looking forward to our visit. Unfortunately, it turned out February 2020 wasn't an ideal time to have scheduled a visit...

6 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Disappointing to hear. We were booked to go and looking forward to our visit. Unfortunately, it turned out February 2020 wasn't an ideal time to have scheduled a visit...

Were we?!?! A lot happened in feb 2020 and a lot has happened since but I’m sure I never planned to go to HK with someone from foxes talk, never mind looking forward to going to that sh1t hole?

• Haha 2