Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

33 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Were we?!?! A lot happened in feb 2020 and a lot has happened since but I’m sure I never planned to go to HK with someone from foxes talk, never mind looking forward to going to that sh1t hole?

I'm even more disappointed you don't remember our planned special trip. It was only for a day, but still lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I’ve put a like emoji because I don’t want to sound stupid, but I’m about to sound stupid, did you mean to write ‘we’? Have we met? 

I'm interested in what you get up to that makes you think you could have randomly arranged a trip to HK with someone from here and forgotten lol

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Ha, we as in myself and other half, not we, me and you. That would, I agree, be odd lol

43 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm interested in what you get up to that makes you think you could have randomly arranged a trip to HK with someone from here and forgotten lol

Ah right…. I was absolutely dumbfounded by the use of ‘we’ there. Case closed now!

Currently in South Africa and having a great time.

I’ve witnessed a shop keeper keeping a crack head out of his shop by firing up a taser (Stellenbosch) and throughout the country they have ‘load shedding’ which is enforced power cuts. On average these are for about 5/6 hours a day with traffic lights in cities also going out, it’s absolutely wild.

I still love it here though and would recommend it to anyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Heading off to Ontario, Canada in May, 10 days. 
Staying around Port Hope/Cobourg area. 
Recommendations other than visiting Toronto/Niagara Falls would be much appreciated.

Algonquin national park is worth a visit if you like a little hike and don't mind the 3 hour drive. 

LRG_DSC00675.jpg

LRG_DSC00756.jpg

Edited by Greg2607
  • Like 3

On 20/01/2023 at 07:32, Costock_Fox said:

Currently in South Africa and having a great time.

I’ve witnessed a shop keeper keeping a crack head out of his shop by firing up a taser (Stellenbosch) and throughout the country they have ‘load shedding’ which is enforced power cuts. On average these are for about 5/6 hours a day with traffic lights in cities also going out, it’s absolutely wild.

I still love it here though and would recommend it to anyone.

It’s the best :thumbup:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I’m off there at the end of this month for 4 nights myself so I’ll let you know. I’ve been told a trip to Sintra is a must. Looks lots to do there. Booking my tours next week

There are many palaces to see at Sintra…. The one at the top is fine, but the best one has the descending tunnel…. The grounds are amazing 

• Thanks 1

On 21/01/2023 at 13:01, Greg2607 said:

Algonquin national park is worth a visit if you like a little hike and don't mind the 3 hour drive. 

LRG_DSC00675.jpg

LRG_DSC00756.jpg

Algonquin is absolutely magic. I remember being in a phone box (this is about 20 years ago!) on the entrance road to the park and a moose coming out of the trees and standing about 50ft away while I was talking to my mum. Errrrr mum, there’s a massive moose on the other side of the road what do I do?!

19 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Off to Dubrovnik in May. Any recommendations on places to visit or anything?

Also going to Dublin for the first time in Feb. Already got the Guiness factory booked :beer:

Great City Dublin. If you're at all into history, the Kilmanon Gaol tour is well worth it, tickets are well priced too. Other than that avoid temple bar area as the beer and food is pretty bad and ridiculously priced. 

We did a bit of a tour round all the traditional pubs and these did the best Guinness:

Gravediggas pub (best in the City by a mile)

Grogans pub and toasties

John Keho's

Walsh's Stoney batter

Had an amazing burger at "Bunsen", little independent place. 

• Thanks 1

On 07/01/2023 at 13:14, Raj said:

Looking for 5 days in Easter.

Got it down to either Lisbon or Athens..

Anyone been to either?

Did you book a trip to either of these places in the end? I have the same predicament, however Athens is edging it as I'm interested in the history. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Did you book a trip to either of these places in the end? I have the same predicament, however Athens is edging it as I'm interested in the history. 

IMO Athens is a dirty sh1thole, although it still stings that we weren't allowed to attend when city played AEK, as the Olympic stadium looks brilliant. And Lisbon is a fun, cool, chilled out city perfect for a weekend trip. No contest for me.

26 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Booked Menorca in the end as it worked out cheaper🤣🤣

Flying from EMA as opposed to Ltn

21 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

IMO Athens is a dirty sh1thole, although it still stings that we weren't allowed to attend when city played AEK, as the Olympic stadium looks brilliant. And Lisbon is a fun, cool, chilled out city perfect for a weekend trip. No contest for me.

Yeh I've heard about that, also found a lot of people that loved it.

I kinda like a city with a bit of grit and imperfections, makes it more interesting to explore. I live in south Germany and everything is so clean and boring, a change is nice at times.