Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Yeh I've heard about that, also found a lot of people that loved it.

I kinda like a city with a bit of grit and imperfections, makes it more interesting to explore. I live in south Germany and everything is so clean and boring, a change is nice at times.

Yeh agreed, I only do one night, two max, in Europe these days as everything is so sanitised, plastic, 'on-show' and boring. Add to that Europe is filled with anxiety-ridden, neurotic Europeans who cannot handle anything which isn't working exactly how it should be, and all round it's not an enjoyable experience and nothing different to being at home.

Got Colombia later this year, not been to South America since pre-covid so looking forward to the all out attack on the senses.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh agreed, I only do one night, two max, in Europe these days as everything is so sanitised, plastic, 'on-show' and boring. Add to that Europe is filled with anxiety-ridden, neurotic Europeans who cannot handle anything which isn't working exactly how it should be, and all round it's not an enjoyable experience and nothing different to being at home.

Got Colombia later this year, not been to South America since pre-covid so looking forward to the all out attack on the senses.

Exactly why I loved Vietnam in November. 

Riding a motorbike down a road whilst they resurface it at the same time. 

Back in Leicester - Over a year to carry out work on a 'confusing junction' 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah I'm in Sheffield so there or Manchester works best for us.

Barcelona, Valencia and Malaga all have beaches too if you fancy the whole short flight and Spanish city/beach thing, depends when you're thinking of going? 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Barcelona, Valencia and Malaga all have beaches too if you fancy the whole short flight and Spanish city/beach thing, depends when you're thinking of going? 

Vouch for Barca  too, depends how young the kid is as its abit hectic....we grabbed a game at Nou Camp too as s bonus!!!

Gone a bit holiday crazy this year lol

Malaga, Lyon, Lisbon all booked. And that's just up to May lol

Going to York for a weekend break with the missus in July. Any recommendations on where to visit are appreciated. Already looking to go to the Railway Museum and Betty's Cafe Tea Rooms, and wonder around Shambles Market. Looking to go to a nice bar and restaurant so any tips please... 

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Gone a bit holiday crazy this year lol

Malaga, Lyon, Lisbon all booked. And that's just up to May lol

Going to York for a weekend break with the missus in July. Any recommendations on where to visit are appreciated. Already looking to go to the Railway Museum and Betty's Cafe Tea Rooms, and wonder around Shambles Market. Looking to go to a nice bar and restaurant so any tips please... 

Get it all in before you have kids🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Anyone done any city breaks with a toddler?

Many times when my nippers were little…. Do things you and enjoy and pick out bits they’d like

a good example is Barcelona…. They’d love the statues on the ramblas and running around parc Guell as much as you would…. Don’t let it stop you sitting in a nice square, enjoying a meal and a few bevvies if you can keep them engaged with where you are what you’re doing 

people often make the mistake of making to many allowances for kids….   Go out and have fun!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Just looked at New York as never been and found a decent flight

Hotels rule that one out then lol

NYC hotels are not cheap. The lower down you are, the lower the hotel prices.

We stayed down at a Holiday Inn Express on 60 West 36th Street. A random date in Feb is £120 a night.

If you want Times Square, you're paying a hefty premium.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Could do with some Turin, Milan and Venice food and drink recommendations if anybody has any. Wider recommendations for things to do in Turin also welcome. 

Only been to Milan, but we had a great meal at a place called Osteria Fara. Very friendly waiter who recommended good wine with specific dishes, and the portions are good. Nice setting if you get a table in the small open-air courtyard. 

Another place called Insci - bit of a niche menu but still decent food. La Fattoria was okay. 

All of these are in the central area. 

If you get a chance, take a trip to Como! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Just looked at New York as never been and found a decent flight

Hotels rule that one out then lol

I stayed up in 45th street but still did all the sights. I did walk most places but down to 9/11 Memorial was a 20 minute bus journey if that.

Much cheaper staying outside the more central or tourist places, but all still accessible to visit.