Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

41 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Went on a Catamaran tour up the west coast two weeks ago and anchored off there for lunch. Had a jump in the sea off the boat and a walk along the beach past the snobs. Got a few funny looks. :D

Our place is right next door, literally, but not keen on non residents unless you book lunch where the cheapest thing on the menu is fish and chips for £50 plus service. Funny looks is the norm.

was the catamaran trip good fun ?

27 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Our place is right next door, literally, but not keen on non residents unless you book lunch where the cheapest thing on the menu is fish and chips for £50 plus service. Funny looks is the norm.

Hope so ! ..  we’re booked to go on one in a few days ..  Cool runnings I think .. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Solihullfox said:

Have a great time !!!

We will be in Barbados in a few weeks time and celebrity spotting at Sandy Lane 

The beach is public even if they don’t like the riff raff sitting on it 🙂

Went there once years ago and never again ..  full of very loud fookin Americans, fawning waiters  …. and as for the price !!  ..  :o

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Great to see the old faves are still going round the world! Enjoy your holiday :) 

I’ll try Debs although I’ve just smacked my toe on a rock and maybe broken it ..  it’s already going black and giving me right gip ..  but don’t worry I’m applying a lot of internal anaesthetic as we speak ..  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Solihullfox said:

Ace mate. Snorkelling in Carlisle Bay was great - saw turtles, rays and all sorts of fish - then open bar and tasty Bajan cuisine all afternoon!

31 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Hope so ! ..  we’re booked to go on one in a few days ..  Cool runnings I think .. 

We were on Stiletto but Cool Runnings was nearby us pretty much all the way up and down the coast. Everyone on board there looked to be having a great time too so reckon you're in for a treat!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Have arrived and had my first dip in the Caribbean ..  favourite shorts now drying out ..  I’m already one nil up in our celebrity watch competition ..  saw Hugh Bonneville last night ..  was going to ask him if Hudson the butler was looking after the castle while he was away but as usual Mrs CF put her foot down and held me back. 

D996B09A-6FF3-4968-A7B6-58B57D9999FE.jpeg

You in Barbados, or on a cruise? 

I spent a happy decade or so bouncing around between the Boat Yard in Bridgetown and the Rum Shack (Absolut Watering Hole) in St Lawrence Gap. (I think the Gap is a little quieter these days due to the all inclusive hotels). 

I think you’re familiar with the island (?), but If not and you’re looking for places to go then Champers (get a balcony table), Live Lobster and of course Oistins on a Friday are all highly recommended. 

Have a fab time and make sure to send us all some pictures! 

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I’ll try Debs although I’ve just smacked my toe on a rock and maybe broken it ..  it’s already going black and giving me right gip ..  but don’t worry I’m applying a lot of internal anaesthetic as we speak ..  :thumbup:

Let us know if those vibrating love eggs are sufficiently medicinal when applied per rectum to distract from even the severe pain of a broken toe 

Enjoy your holiday but despite what others say don’t feel obliged to post pics as here it is miserable, cold and because I’m working in Wolverhampton this week 👍

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Milo said:

You in Barbados, or on a cruise? 

I spent a happy decade or so bouncing around between the Boat Yard in Bridgetown and the Rum Shack (Absolut Watering Hole) in St Lawrence Gap. (I think the Gap is a little quieter these days due to the all inclusive hotels). 

I think you’re familiar with the island (?), but If not and you’re looking for places to go then Champers (get a balcony table), Live Lobster and of course Oistins on a Friday are all highly recommended. 

Have a fab time and make sure to send us all some pictures! 

Cheers Milo ..  no not cruising this time and funnily enough we’re booked in to Champers for our anniversary ..  mind you ..  everywhere we eat we’re booked in for our anniversary ..  guarantees a good table ..  :thumbup:

P. S. Don’t like eating live lobsters ..  they tend to nip you on the end of the nose when you hold them up to your mouth .. :)

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2023 at 14:53, Unabomber said:

Flights booked for our honeymoon to New York, now just need to chose a hotel. Any recommendations for areas to stay in? I’m thinking Greenwich village or soho area. Don’t fancy being too close to time square. 

@grobyfox1990 hey man you seem to have been everywhere. Would you recommend any particular areas to stay in NYC? We are considering LES/East Village, Soho or maybe even Brooklyn.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

@grobyfox1990 hey man you seem to have been everywhere. Would you recommend any particular areas to stay in NYC? We are considering LES/East Village, Soho or maybe even Brooklyn.

Hi sorry nowhere near as much as others! I’ve been to nyc twice and stayed slap bang in the middle of Manhattan both times. Seem to recall SoHo being cool if you’re into edgy things 

Heading to Prague in March with the Mrs.

Any particular recommendations of places to eat and drink? 

Also, never had to book taxi transfers before, usually find alternative ways of getting in to the centre of places. Anyone ever had any issues booking taxis through holiday extras or booking.com? Would rather have this paid for before we go. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

On 29/01/2023 at 14:53, Unabomber said:

Flights booked for our honeymoon to New York, now just need to chose a hotel. Any recommendations for areas to stay in? I’m thinking Greenwich village or soho area. Don’t fancy being too close to time square. 

We did a great walking tour of Soho and China Town. Nice area, but you're not really in walking distance of all the other sights.

We stayed near the Empire State Building. Close enough to walk to all the sights - except Soho and 9/11 memorial.

11 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I just loved going to New York, I always stayed on the Manhattan Island.

Before being handicapped,I loved walking,my wife also..you see much more when drifting.. It really depends how you budget your Honeymoon… what’s important spending money on things to see, or on swanky hotels…

So much to do in New York…Each couple have their own wishes for a dream honeymoon…To me hotels are not the important factor, there are many that can you a decent stay, ( good breakfast) but hey bud this is New Yorks with great

Breakfast cafes,joints to try out…Funny often just around the corner to hotels.

How much do you & wife want to throw away in an hotel,or invest in experiencing New York…You can take something like Hilton Garden Inn…then go either up in scale or down.Then the Belverder in Hell’s Kitchen…Restaurants,Bars..

obviously one can do the real tosh hotels around Central Park,or the quirky one next door..?.

What do you want for your Darling…??

• Like 1

Amazing over the last few years ,Just a change in mental-aptitude & mindset..

“most Dangerous Roads”…Whiteys middle class take on “Darian-Gap”

So many OTT reports on various adventure Reise magazines and reports..

Of course they are dangerous & challenging, & not for soft souls..

People who drive,walk,Hike,and Trek through these areas,who have adventure

in their heart and deep soul, look at at all consequences, and angles, and the odd

gods prayer..Some others want to push the boat out when their competence just isn’t there..They wouldn’t of dreamt of getting out of their cozy zone years ago,temptatation can be an horrible bed partner….Stories of gold,Diamonds, jade,emeralds can be louring for the naive..Or the need to play Indiana Jones..

Special holdings we don’t carry and no bragging rights… Benidorm Tenerife,are just alluring for those that will…

Its just too many reportings really do go over the top…including survival programs..

One just learns the skills of choice,that one’s path

take…People working hard in their professions or chosen job, takes as much survival,overcoming stress, & troubleshooting your way out of shit…

Facing the Tigers eye,or Cobra stare….depends on your bosses..not just a camouflaged wink from within the jungle,or suprise turn on a crumbling road…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Guest Fox-66

Yep, Vietnam for three weeks from the end of March (will miss Home to Bournmouth :().

Travelling on my own and independently, from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, with stays at a few Airbnbs in between, via one overnight sleeper train, plus local buses and one internal flight.

Walking and cycling in the Mountains, kayaking in the sea, Mỹ Lai massacre site, boat trip in the Mekong Delta. 

Experiencing the history (ancient and the more recent  and embracing the culture)

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I just loved going to New York, I always stayed on the Manhattan Island.

Before being handicapped,I loved walking,my wife also..you see much more when drifting.. It really depends how you budget your Honeymoon… what’s important spending money on things to see, or on swanky hotels…

So much to do in New York…Each couple have their own wishes for a dream honeymoon…To me hotels are not the important factor, there are many that can you a decent stay, ( good breakfast) but hey bud this is New Yorks with great

Breakfast cafes,joints to try out…Funny often just around the corner to hotels.

How much do you & wife want to throw away in an hotel,or invest in experiencing New York…You can take something like Hilton Garden Inn…then go either up in scale or down.Then the Belverder in Hell’s Kitchen…Restaurants,Bars..

obviously one can do the real tosh hotels around Central Park,or the quirky one next door..?.

What do you want for your Darling…??

Thanks for that and I know what you’re saying on the hotels. As it’s our honeymoon we do want a nice place but don’t want to go too mad as would rather spend money on seeing things and nice meals etc. We have booked a place now in between Times Square and Central Park (not my first choice but missus wants this area).

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Thanks for that and I know what you’re saying on the hotels. As it’s our honeymoon we do want a nice place but don’t want to go too mad as would rather spend money on seeing things and nice meals etc. We have booked a place now in between Times Square and Central Park (not my first choice but missus wants this area).

Enjoy yourselves have a great honeymoon..

These are the days you start to build those experiences &  memories you share with each other..including getting lost in Maceys..If your good by foot it’s suprising,

how much one can cover..Also use Hotel staff,to find those not well known local small areas or little gems…

11 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Heading to Prague in March with the Mrs.

Any particular recommendations of places to eat and drink? 

Also, never had to book taxi transfers before, usually find alternative ways of getting in to the centre of places. Anyone ever had any issues booking taxis through holiday extras or booking.com? Would rather have this paid for before we go. 

I use welcome pickups when I go abroad. Used when I went to Prague last summer. It’s a beautiful place 🙌

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Enjoy yourselves have a great honeymoon..

These are the days you start to build those experiences &  memories you share with each other..including getting lost in Maceys..If your good by foot it’s suprising,

how much one can cover..Also use Hotel staff,to find those not well known local small areas or little gems…

Thanks I’m sure we will, we do love walking so will hopefully see a lot by foot.