Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

23 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Someone should post a referral link for a currency card?  It’s only a few quid, but every little helps…!

Here's mine:

https://wise.com/invite/ath/debral113

We've used Wise for years now, so easy and about the best exchange rate we can get from Sterling to EUR. Just make a bank transfer and use the debit card as normal 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Money man Martin Whatsisface recommend https://www.chase.co.uk/gb/en/ for forrin money shenanigans. No charges and something else. I missed what he was saying as my radio died but I opened an app account anyway.

'How many millions?'

Advert aside that sounds decent. Edit - I got it wrong about the cureent account interest but I do see the savings accounts have pretty good interest rates.

Edited by Nalis

12 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Any Gdansk recommendations folks?

Looking at hiring a bike for the day and cycling along the coast a bit but other than that, not got much else planned.

We did a walking tour of the City, which was good.

Order stabilisers for the bike, everything your order is served with a shot of vodka :P

• Haha 2

On 05/02/2023 at 07:13, Daggers said:

Money man Martin Whatsisface recommend https://www.chase.co.uk/gb/en/ for forrin money shenanigans. No charges and something else. I missed what he was saying as my radio died but I opened an app account anyway.

We have a Chase card and get 1% back on nearly everything we spend (for first 12 months, and check the exclusions). Tend to transfer money on to it when spending rather than use our normal bank debit cards

Convinced my wife takes it as a challenge to spend as much as possible

• Haha 1

On 30/01/2023 at 15:12, Solihullfox said:

was the catamaran trip good fun ?

On 30/01/2023 at 16:16, Voll Blau said:

We were on Stiletto but Cool Runnings was nearby us pretty much all the way up and down the coast. Everyone on board there looked to be having a great time too so reckon you're in for a treat!

Great time on Cool runnings ... had a skin full and even danced a bit ... apparently ... no really enjoyed it. 

On 30/01/2023 at 17:02, Milo said:

You in Barbados, or on a cruise? 

I spent a happy decade or so bouncing around between the Boat Yard in Bridgetown and the Rum Shack (Absolut Watering Hole) in St Lawrence Gap. (I think the Gap is a little quieter these days due to the all inclusive hotels). 

I think you’re familiar with the island (?), but If not and you’re looking for places to go then Champers (get a balcony table), Live Lobster and of course Oistins on a Friday are all highly recommended. 

Have a fab time and make sure to send us all some pictures! 

Had a lovely time at Champers ..  edge table so watched the rollers crashing in .. mind you it was our anniversary !! ..  lol

As was last nights ..  and the night before ..  in fact most nights ! ..  except when it’s my birthday ..  

6F3E2A4A-57E2-4C60-B630-2132E47D32EF.jpeg

• Like 3

On 30/01/2023 at 17:59, Mike Oxlong said:toe 

Enjoy your holiday but despite what others say don’t feel obliged to post pics as here it is miserable, cold and because I’m working in Wolverhampton this week 👍

Will do Long C0ck  ..   :thumbup:

Oooops ! ..  

A12FEA50-3AB4-40F2-ABE3-613EA3BDE7D8.jpeg

• Like 2

The price of staying in decent lodge accommodation in the UK is becoming increasingly ridiculous.  Been looking in May and prices for many places are around £250 per night.  As soon as you go looking at the forest lodge type places, which typically don't have as nice accommodation as other independent sites, you can increase that to £500 per night.  Totally stupid prices.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Am going to Bath for a few days this week.

Has anyone been (no bath puns, please..:P )?

Yes beautiful town, one of the most beautiful places in the UK. Didn’t actually realise there were towns like that in the UK before I went where the architecture is all planned and uniform.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The price of staying in decent lodge accommodation in the UK is becoming increasingly ridiculous.  Been looking in May and prices for many places are around £250 per night.  As soon as you go looking at the forest lodge type places, which typically don't have as nice accommodation as other independent sites, you can increase that to £500 per night.  Totally stupid prices.

I checked a place I’d stayed at before, think that’s pretty much doubled. Piss take.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

‘kin ‘ell…. I’m paying £250 a night a for a lovely Greek villa with a pool this July…  Kefalonia 

For a U.K. lodge in May?  No Ta

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Booked Florida in the summer, apart from eye watering prices can anyone recommend anything good or unique apart from the usual parks, waterparks etc. First time going.

Exciting! Orlando I am guessing? I have been on many occasions and absolutely love the place. Kennedy space centre is worth a visit and the coastline around there. The warmer seas however can be found on the west coast - Clearwater beach is particularly popular. There are also some great state parks, such as Blue springs where you can go and swim/tube in the warm spring water. Those theme parks are so exhausting though; especially in the summer heat, so don’t underestimate just how nice it will be to have a day/half day back at your resort sat by the pool. 

oh and for the proper authentic Floridian experience there are always airboat rides to consider .

Edited by rachhere
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Booked Florida in the summer, apart from eye watering prices can anyone recommend anything good or unique apart from the usual parks, waterparks etc. First time going.

Depends on whereabouts you're going. A tour of the Everglades and meeting the gators was fun. Naples is a lovely town. Downtown Miami is good to explore. Space Center at Canaveral was excellent. Don't recommend 3 days in Orlando airport due to your plane having a fault.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

Exciting! Orlando I am guessing? I have been on many occasions and absolutely love the place. Kennedy space centre is worth a visit and the coastline around there. The warmer seas however can be found on the west coast - Clearwater beach is particularly popular. There are also some great state parks, such as Blue springs where you can go and swim/tube in the warm spring water. Those theme parks are so exhausting though; especially in the summer heat, so don’t underestimate just how nice it will be to have a day/half day back at your resort sat by the pool. 

oh and for the proper authentic Floridian experience there are always airboat rides to consider .

Orlando yes - I don’t think we will be spending the whole 2 weeks on the resorts as we have a 4 year old with some additional needs and he won’t manage it, taking the grandparents along for an extra pair of hands / child sitting! Thanks for the recommendations it’s appreciated 

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Depends on whereabouts you're going. A tour of the Everglades and meeting the gators was fun. Naples is a lovely town. Downtown Miami is good to explore. Space Center at Canaveral was excellent. Don't recommend 3 days in Orlando airport due to your plane having a fault.

Villa is in Kissimmee - I’ve researched all the classic stuff to do so the gator suggestion sounds epic 

14 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Kennedy Space Center is a fantastic day out and well worth the drive over. The kids might like Cocoa Beach just a couple of miles up the road.

I planned a visit to watch a space shuttle launch which was stunning to see…. Might be worth checking to see if any rockets are being launched when you are in Florida and plan a trip to see a launch and do a space center tour too.