Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Thailand was ace, strongly recommended. 

$ingapore is not a place to buy layover booze, food or duty free. 

Now planning the next trip and taking my kids so they can do their open water scuba cert. 

• Like 4

My husband would really like to do some kind of multi day walking challenge, but is in no way organised enough to arrange it himself. He has a significant birthday coming up this year and I wondered about paying for him to do an organised one as a birthday present. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations? He’s limited by school holidays unfortunately. Thanks!

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

My husband would really like to do some kind of multi day walking challenge, but is in no way organised enough to arrange it himself. He has a significant birthday coming up this year and I wondered about paying for him to do an organised one as a birthday present. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations? He’s limited by school holidays unfortunately. Thanks!

Have a look at the Nijmegen 4 day march. It takes place in July in the Netherlands. You have to apply/ register online. Plenty of videos on youtube.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tommy G said:

In Ibiza at the min, superb few days over Easter. Weather early 20s and not rammed yet…

Off to Hong Kong and China with work next week, certainly not a holiday but looking forward to an A350.

I'm just over the water in Majorca, pretty much the same here, bloody nice not to be in England

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rachhere said:

Question: why are you married to a schoolboy?

• Haha 2

On 03/04/2023 at 21:06, Stadt said:

Loved Vienna. Cafe Schwarzenberg was a highlight, amazing decor as it’s not overly baroque. Hofburg Palace was impressive. Food and beer excellent - got quite drunk in the Delirium Cafe.

Bratislava was nice but feels deceptively small for a 500k+ city. You could do it in a day. Cheap for a pint (well 0.5ml if you’re lucky) but just as expensive as Vienna for food.

If you liked Vienna, try Trieste in northern Italy

A 0.5ml beer???  That’s Bratislava off the list then !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

If you liked Vienna, try Trieste in northern Italy

A 0.5ml beer???  That’s Bratislava off the list then !!!

L for Stadt

Trieste does look lovely, how easy would it be tying a trip to Slovenia in?

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

L for Stadt

iirc bus to Ljuljana is like 2-3 hours and you can also easily get to Piran and Koper on the coast for a day. 

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

L for Stadt

Very easy…. I’ve flown into Ljubljana (70 mins) or to Venice (120 mins) to get there….  There’s a bus from central Ljubljana that goes there or it’s cheap to hire a car too…. There are some nice lakes (bled) to see in Slovenia as well as Ljubljana…. Could be a nice longer trip tying them all in…

if you go either me or Bovril could give you some tips…. Hotels aren’t that expensive and food / beer is reasonable 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Off to Menorca in morning 

Couldn't come at a better time considering the last 3 games...

The weather in this part of the world is fab atm, warm enough for the beach but not too hot. Bring hoodies for the evenings  ;)Have a lovely time :)

• Thanks 1

At EMA now, it’s a very slick bus stop. I got dropped off, they try to charge you £5 for the pleasure. There are many lay-bys within walking distance to jump off and walk 2 mins to the terminal. There are LOADS of over prepared stressy anxiety ridden families here with 17 print outs of every email confirmation delaying the process, but overall it’s an easy airport. 

• Haha 2

On 08/04/2023 at 18:46, Raj said:

Off to Menorca in morning 

Couldn't come at a better time considering the last 3 games...

I cannot second this enough- I am currently holidaying in Fuerteventura at the moment and being on the first holiday with my family including a nearly 2 years old kid have taken my mind off the shitshow back home!

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Staying in St Julien and yeah likely to have a car.

Depends how much sightseeing you want to do, or if you want to mainly relax really. If I had 3 days I'd probably see Valletta and the the 3 cities one day, you could do that and still get some beach time later the same day. On the day of the football I'd drive out to Dingli cliffs, do the boat trip round the caves, and visit Mdina on the way back before the match.  Then you've got another day to maybe drive down to Marsaxlokk, a pretty fishing village and have lunch next to the water, and then get some more beach time in,  or you could go the other way up Malta and get the car ferry to Gozo and spend the day exploring there, the citadel in Victoria is lovely. The car ferry is easy and cheap enough.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Depends how much sightseeing you want to do, or if you want to mainly relax really. If I had 3 days I'd probably see Valletta and the the 3 cities one day, you could do that and still get some beach time later the same day. On the day of the football I'd drive out to Dingli cliffs, do the boat trip round the caves, and visit Mdina on the way back before the match.  Then you've got another day to maybe drive down to Marsaxlokk, a pretty fishing village and have lunch next to the water, and then get some more beach time in,  or you could go the other way up Malta and get the car ferry to Gozo and spend the day exploring there, the citadel in Victoria is lovely. The car ferry is easy and cheap enough.

Will probably do a day of sightseeing, a day of chilling on the beach and then drinking the day of the game I suspect.

Cheers for this.

Just come home from a cruise - great holiday but one of the stand outs is the ease of getting on and off. 

Yesterday morning we woke up, had breakfast walked off the ship to get the luggage. The car was waiting for us and off we went. Was having a nice breakfast on board at 9am and was sat at home by twelve. Same with getting on. Just over half an hour from parking the car up to sitting by the pool with a beer. 

Not having to deal with waiting at airports and transfers really works for me. 

Would happily cruise every holiday. Went with some friends this time who came back absolute converts!

Got a trip to the States in August, unfortunately, which will be hanging around at airports, hassle, grumpy kids and cooped up on a long haul flight for 9 hours…then the same at the other end. :mellow:

• Like 2